Rotolight AEOS 2 Explorer Kit
The Rotolight AEOS 2 Explorer Kit includes the updated LED light which is packed with new technology and the accessories you need for location shoots including diffuser dome, battery, PSU and soft bag.
- Location LED lighting kit which includes the essentials for continuous and HSS flash with high power battery and mains power
- Compact and lightweight RGBWW light packed with industry first features including an intuitive colour touchscreen
- Unlimited creative opportunities using 16.7 million colours, 2,500 digital filters and award winning special effects
- Control individual light, groups, light settings, match colours and more from a new Native iOS and Android app
- New Speedring and Bowens S mount Adaptors for light modification as well as industry first electronic SmartSoft Box
Rotolight AEOS 2 Explorer Kit Summary
The Rotolight AEOS 2 Explorer Kit offers unmatched versatility for photographers and filmmakers when shooting on location and includes a diffuser dome, 95 Wh battery, PSU and soft bag. The updated AEOS 2 LED light builds on the success of the first generation to combine the benefits of a shoot what you see continuous light with High-Speed Sync RGB flash (1/8000th). The light output is significantly increased, flashing to 17,800 LUX at 1m and there’s zero recycle time even with full-power flashes from the battery. AEOS 2 can be triggered wirelessly from up to 200m with an integrated Elinchrom Skyport flash receiver and optional Skyport transmitters (see below for links).
Rotolight developed a series of industry firsts to streamline photo and video workflows, including the first ever colour touchscreen display, an intelligent SmartSoft Box and new RGBWW chips for flash in 16.7 million colours or 2,500 digital filters. There’s also a new App for native iOS and Android light control as well as the ability to pick and match colours with the AEOS 2.
- 16.7 Million Colours (RGBWW)
- Colour temperature from 3000 - 10,000K
- 2500 digital filters
- Intuitive colour touchscreen display
- High Speed RGBWW Flash (1/8000th), zero recycle time
- Up to 100,000 full-power flashes on a single battery
- Award-winning colour engine with TLCI 99
- Built-in award-winning suite of 14 CineSFX™ special effects
- Native iOS and Android app to control for control, to pick colours and more
- Trigger from up to 200m using an optional Skyport transmitter
- Wide range of accessories using new Speedring and Bowens S mount adaptors
- Body weighs only 1.4kg
Rotolight AEOS 2 Explorer Kit in More Detail
With the 95 Wh Battery and PSU included in this Explorer kit you’ll be able to power the AEOS 2 directly from the mains or utilise up to 100,000 flashes from a single battery. An included soft carry case also lets you travel and set up quickly and efficiently when travelling to locations or different studio sets. We also have the AEOS 2 Masters Kit and Ultimate Kit for those who want the flexibility of more lights and convenience of light stands from their lighting kit.
The ultimate creative companion
Create anything, anywhere with the AEOS 2 LED light which is lightweight with an ultra-thin design, so it’s never been easier to achieve beautiful soft light on location.
High-Speed RGB Flash
AEOS 2 combines the benefits of continuous light to shoot what you see, with a High Speed Sync RGB flash for more power or to freeze the action. You can now flash in any one of 16.7 million colours or 2,500 digital filters, with zero recycle time and up to 100,000 full-power flashes on a single battery. This gives you the ability to shoot with unlimited creative options and never miss a shot due to recycle times.
A World of Colour at Your Fingertips
Choose from an endless colour palette including 2,500 of your favourite filters from LEE and Rosco and the AEOS 2 includes state-of-the art RGBWW chips, for endless possibilities to expand your creativity.
Rotolight has also revolutionised lighting control, saving both money and time on set, with effortless switching from beautiful soft output to a harder light source at a moment's notice with the world's first intelligent softbox. This allows you to electronically adjust your light's diffusion, focus and spread via the touchscreen display or Rotolight app, without the need for gels using an optional electric diffusion panel.
Native iOS And Android control
You’re always in control with the all new Rotolight app. The app lets you easily switch between lighting modes to adjust colour, power, flash settings and much more. Create custom groups and projects on up to 20 lights simultaneously right from the palm of your hand.
Functionality without the fuss
Another Rotolight’s industry-first intuitive is the introduction of a full-colour touchscreen which enables users to navigate through menus with ease. Access key features and recall your favourite settings at a moment’s notice.
Best-in-class battery performance
AEOS 2 is a creative light that you can always rely on, delivering superior output but only 1/3rd the power draw of its closest competitors. With a flash output of 17,800 LUX at 1m you can still get up to 100,000 full-power flashes on a single battery, optimised for these lights.
As well as the option to power the AEOS 2 from a PSU cable, you have the added benefit of fitting V-Mount batteries for combined portability and long-lasting use, from 95 Wh, 155 Wh and 310 Wh batteries.
Cutting-Edge Special Effects
Rotolight's award-winning suite of CineSFX™ (Fire, Lightning, TV, Gunshot, Paparazzi and many more) add drama to a scene quickly and easily and you can customise, save and instantly recall your favourite settings.
Speedring And Bowens S mount Adaptors
Unlock endless possibilities with Bowens-mount modifiers from new Rotolight Bowens S mount and Universal Speedring adaptors for the Rotolight NEO and AEOS range.
What’s in the box
- 1 x AEOS 2 LED light
- 1 x Diffuser Dome
- 1x Softbag
- 1x 95 Wh Battery and Charger
- 1 x PSU with UK power cable
As an innovative technology company, Rotolight has been instrumental in bringing the benefits of LED RGBWW lights to photographers and videographers everywhere. The updated AEOS 2 in this Explorer Kit continues this innovation with a series of industry first developments to streamline workflows for professional photographers and movie makers. Whether you shoot portraits, events, weddings or work on set for video productions this light offers unlimited creative potential in a portable, lightweight kit. New RGBWW chips let you pick and shoot in millions of colours, complemented by popular digital filters as well as Rotolight’s exceptional special effects filters. Control over these and light output is easier than ever with a new colour touchscreen on the rear panel, as well as a newly developed App.
Speaking of light output, AEOS 2 is considerably brighter than its predecessor with flash power up to 17,800 LUX at 1m, so you can now overpower the sun in even brighter daylight conditions. Light modifiers are essential to which end Rotolight has developed new mount adapters for Speedrings and Bowens S mount, complementing the included highly portable diffuser dome. The world’s first electronically adjustable SmartSoft Box offers yet more ingenuity with time and cost savings when you need light modification. With so many industry first initiatives in a more powerful, highly portable LED lighting kit we are certain the AEOS 2 will prove a huge success with our customers.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.