Elinchrom Skyport Plus HS Transmitter - Nikon Compatible
Elinchrom Skyport Plus HS Transmitter for Nikon
Elinchrom Skyport Plus HS Nikon Studio Flash Trigger
- Control your lighting setup with a clear display of power levels and modelling lamp settings
- Flash sync up to 1/8,000th second
- Operational up to 200m outdoors and 60m indoors
- Receivers are not necessary with EL-Skyport compatible heads
- Freeze motion
- Overpower the Sun
- Darken backgrounds
- Use wider apertures
- Compatible with Nikon cameras
- Powered by 2 x AA batteries
The Skyport Plus HS from Elinchrom is more than just a flash trigger. It enables an entire world of possibilities otherwise not able to be achieved by syncing at up to 1/8000th and also serving as a remote control for your flash units so you can set power levels at a distance.
Elinchrom Skyport Plus HS Studio Flash Trigger in Detail
Visual interface and remote control
The LCD display shows each strobe unit and power settings, and allows for full control of all strobes right on top of the Skyport Plus HS. With all this information on top of the transceiver you can now control the power on each strobe individually as well as many other functions. The individual strobes also show up automatically and you can adjust the settings on top of the transceiver or on the strobe itself. You can see and control up to 10 different EL strobes with the HS transmitter. Control and set the flash power and the modelling lamp in 4 Groups or individually.
Synchronisation up to 1/8,000th second
Using the Skyport Plus HS you can now sync any Elinchrom flash with EL-Skyport capability at up to 1/8000th second. This will work best with the newer HS flash heads but can be used with any Elinchrom flash head.
Over Drive Sync
The Over Drive Sync setting allows for customisation of the Hi-Sync (HS) timing to change where the slice of light is taken out of the flash curve. This means that that it's possible to fine tune the HS lighting by moving the slice of light from the max light output to a lower light output farther into the flash curve. This could be especially useful when shooting portraits with a wide aperture where the lighting needs to be subtle.
The Skyport Plus HS also includes an autofocus assist feature to help cameras focus in low light situations. While it may seem like a small thing, there are tons of situations where I have had to turn on the modeling lamp to focus. When running on battery power, as with the ELB 400 or the Rangers, using the modeling light just to autofocus the camera drains the strobe batteries quite a bit faster. It is a feature that many of us will find extremely useful and another example of how well-thought out the new Skyport Plus HS is.
The EL-Skyport HS has a total of 20 frequency channels that can be used for either Normal or Speed mode. You can instantly distinguish which sync mode you are in as the backlit display glows green for normal mode, and red for speed mode. The new transceiver can now trigger strobes up to 200m (656 feet) away when used outdoors and up to 60m (196 feet) indoors.
The EL-Skyport HS represents a seamless extension of the EL-Skyport family since it is also compatible with the three previous generations of flash units (including the EL-Skyport Transceiver RX module for Style RX, Digital RX, and Ranger RX systems, the integrated EL-Skyport modules for D-Lite RX, BRX, ELC Pro HD and ELB series.).
The transmitter attaches easily and securely to the hotshoe with its bayonet locking system and is powered by 2x AA batteries. It also features an integrated AF illuminator for fast focusing and a mini-USB socket for firmware updates.
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: Studio Lighting|
|Offer Product Type: Off Camera Flash|
|Guide number: N/A|
|Pan/tilt Head: N/A|
|Zoom head: N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A|
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.