- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
OM System M.Zuiko Digital ED 90mm f/3.5 Macro IS PRO Lens
The OM System M.Zuiko Digital ED 90mm f/3.5 Macro IS PRO Lens offers best-in-class IP53 weather sealing, up to 7-stops image stabilisation and an incredible 2x - 4x magnification for unbeatable close-up shots.
Earn 1299 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- Extremely compact and portable telephoto macro for micro four thirds cameras with impressive resolution
- Capture close-up details invisible to the naked eye with 2x magnification rising to 4x with the MC-20 teleconverter
- High-performance 5-axis image stabiliser for 7-stops combined Sync body stabilisation with compatible cameras
- Supports professional workflows with a focus limiter, manual focus clutch and high-speed, high-precision AF
- Class-leading P53 dust and moisture sealing in order to continue shooting during diverse weather conditions
OM System M.Zuiko Digital ED 90mm f/3.5 Macro IS PRO Lens Summary
The OM System M.Zuiko Digital ED 90mm f/3.5 Macro IS PRO Lens brings pioneering magnification in a highly portable format for OM System MFT cameras. The compact prime offers an equivalent 180mm focal length (full-frame format), and allows you to shoot native macro magnifications of 0.5x, 1x and up to 2x, which rises to 4x magnification when the MC-20 Teleconverter is attached. This provides a unique opportunity to photograph impossibly tiny details, which are far too small for the naked eye to see.
Macro shooters also benefit from up to 7-stops combined 5-axis stabilisation when shooting with cameras such as the OM System OM-1, or 6-stops lens-only IS. You can also continue working during virtually any conditions, thanks to class-leading IP 53 rated weather protection, while benefiting from pro features such as the focus limiter switch and a manual focus clutch.
Image quality is outstanding due to an advanced optical formula consistent with ‘PRO' OM System lenses, which are capable of rendering professional-level results.
Key M.Zuiko Digital ED 90mm f/3.5 Macro Lens Features
- Outstanding image quality even at extremely high magnification
- 6 stops optical image stabilisation rising to 7-stops combined body sync stabilisation
- 2x native magnification up to 4x with Olympus M.Zuiko Digital MC-20 Teleconverter
- 224m minimum focus distance (S-MACRO)
- 180mm equivalent focal length in full-frame format
- Compact 62mm filter thread
- Lightest macro in its class at just 453g
- Class-leading IP53 weather resistance
- 18 elements / 13 groups with special lens elements
- Compatible with Olympus STF-8 Macro Flash
Mzuiko 90mm f3.5 macro lens review
Learn more about the impressive features which can help elevate your photography in our latest review. Read our Review
OM System M.Zuiko Digital ED 90mm f/3.5 Macro IS PRO Lens in More Detail
Get closer than ever with high magnification
When shooting natively without teleconverters, you can achieve 0.5x magnification, 1x (1:1 life-size macro), right up to 2x maximum magnification. However the M.Zuiko Digital ED 90mm f/3.5 Macro lens is also compatible with Olympus teleconverters to increase magnification up to a maximum 4x, with the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital MC-20 Teleconverter. This offers a significant advantage for photographers who want to draw out every hidden detail, whilst retaining the benefits of focus to infinity, which isn’t possible with extension tubes.
M.Zuiko employed an optical design consisting of 18 elements / 13 groups, which includes 2 Super ED lenses, 4 ED lenses, 1 Super HR lens, 1 HR lens. These combine to render exceptional resolution, with extremely well controlled aberrations and fringing, and result in all-round superb image quality, even outgunning the highly regarded M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm f/2.8 Macro Lens.
5-axis sync Image Stabilisation (IS)
Users benefit from up to 7-stops combined stabilisation with compatible cameras, such as the OM System OM-1. This allows you to handhold and capture incredible detail even in common low light situations, which are prevalent which shooting macro images. Lens-only IS of 6-stops also provides excellent stabilisation when working with other micro four thirds cameras, which do not offer Since IS. (7-stops measured by CIPA with yaw and pitch applied to camera, half-press IS set to Off). In order to gain more light you can add a macro-specific Olympus fit flash, such as the Olympus STF-8 Macro Flash, which complements the lens with a dust, splash and freeze-proof design.
Extremely lightweight portable
With the MFT system based around portability, M.Zuiko has kept the weight of the Digital ED 90mm f/3.5 Macro IS PRO Lens to just 453g, which makes it the lightest macro of its class. It’s also compact, measuring 136 mm long and boasting a compact 62mm filter thread for essential lens filters, such as a circular polariser to cut glare and reflections.
Support for professional workflows
With many macro subjects moving at speed, it’s essential for the OM System M.Zuiko Digital ED 90mm f/3.5 Macro IS PRO Lens to support fast workflows. It does this through a manual focus clutch, allowing the lens to be switched instantly between AF/MF for precise focusing.
A Focus Limiter switch is also included, which reduces the focus throw to support quicker focusing over a shorter distance, while extensive weather seals result in class-leading IP 53 weather rating with compatible cameras.
This ensures you can continue shooting nature macro and capture everything from raindrops, crystals of ice and snow, to fungi and other moist subjects.
Fast MSC focusing
An MSC mechanism within the M.Zuiko Digital ED 90mm f/3.5 Macro, provides fast and silent autofocusing for both movie and stills shooting, white the 7 (circular aperture diaphragm) renders pleasing smooth out of focus areas in the image.
What’s in the box
- OM System M.Zuiko Digital ED 90mm f/3.5 Macro IS PRO Lens for Micro Four Thirds
- LH-66E Lens Hood
- LC-62G Lens Cap
- LR-2 Lens Rear Cap
- CS-53 Wrapping Cloth
- Instruction Manual
- Warranty Card
OM System M.Zuiko Digital ED 90mm f/3.5 Macro IS PRO Lens Sample photos
Sample 1 © Chris McGinnis. Camera settings: 1/100sec. f/8. ISO 200
Sample 2 © Chris McGinnis. Camera settings: 1/100sec. f/6.3. ISO 200
Sample 3 © Chris McGinnis. Camera settings: 1/100sec. f/8. ISO 200
Sample 4 © Jamie Rosencrans. Camera settings: 1/100sec. f/8. ISO 250
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 70|
|Length (mm): 136|
|Weight (g): 453|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: Yes|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 90 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 90|
|Maximum magnification: 2|
|Maximum aperture (number): 3.5|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 90|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.22|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 7|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 2 SED lens elements, 4 ED lens elements, 1 Super HR element, 1 HR element|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Omni Captial Ltd.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
The addition of the M.Zuiko Digital ED 90mm f/3.5 Macro IS PRO Lens demonstrates OM System’s unwavering dedication to the blossoming MFT system. This compact telephoto prime offers incredible close-up performance, with a range of native magnifications supporting every type of macro photography, such as fungi and plants, to insects, flowers and other details, which would otherwise be invisible to the naked eye. Magnification can even be doubled, up to a maximum 4.0x when using the Olympus MFT 2x teleconverter, for unbelievably detailed close-up images and video.
M.Zuiko has employed an advanced optical formula with eight special lens elements, in order to match high resolutions, which the latest cameras are capable of. These optics render beautifully sharp details, with well-controlled image artefacts such as aberrations, colour fringing and vignetting. AF is quiet and quick, supporting both stills and moviemaking, and the lens barrel includes controls to limit focus distance and switch instantly between AF and MF with a focus clutch. It also houses the effective 5-axis image stabilisation mechanism, which provides a native 6-stops of shake compensation, which rises to 7-stops when harnessing combined Sync IS, found in cameras such as the OM-1 and OM System OM-5.
As has become customary with OM System PRO equipment, the Digital ED 90mm f/3.5 Macro is IP 53 class weather resistant, when combined with IP 53 bodies. This ensures you can shoot in virtually any conditions, as is often required when photographing raindrops and other close-up subjects.
If you enjoy telephoto macro at any level, the M.Zuiko Digital ED 90mm f/3.5 Macro IS PRO offers best-in-class performance, combined with a lightweight and weather sealed body, which you can enjoy anywhere.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.