- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
OM System OM-5 Digital Camera Body Black
The OM System OM-5 Camera is packed with features for your adventures including IP53 weather sealing, 50MP handheld high-res shot, Starry Sky AF, class-leading body stabilisation, 4K 30p and vertical video mode.
Earn 1199 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- OM System’s second MFT camera, which comes packed with upgrades and new technology for action-packed content creation
- Improved 5-axis body stabilisation with 6.5-stops and up to 7.5-stops compensation when using compatible M.Zuiko lenses
- 20 megapixel Live MOS sensor which is compatible with phase detection AF for improved Face / Eye detection and tracking
- Blisteringly quick 30fps RAW, 50 megapixel handheld shots, Starry Sky AF and a host of other advanced features
- Record unlimited 4K 30p videos, 120fps in Full HD and capture a wide dynamic range with OM-Log400 picture profile
OM System OM-5 Digital Camera Body Black Summary
Arriving as the second hybrid model to join the MFT camera range is the adventure-ready OM System OM-5 Digital Camera Body (Black). It boasts a 20.4 megapixel Live MOS sensor, which is compatible with on-chip phase detection AF, for greatly improved Face and Eye AF. The camera offers class-leading 5-axis body stabilisation with up to 6.5-stops and 7.5-stops when using compatible MFT lenses (Sync-IS), along with a host of new technology for your adventures.
AT ITS core is the fast TruePic IX image processor, which delivers advanced computational photography to process no limit 4K 30p video, vertical videos for social media, 50 megapixel handheld high-res shots, Live Compositing and up to 30fps RAW in ProCapture mode.
OM System has extended the OM-5’s versatility for any type of content creator with a new Starry Sky AF feature, wide dynamic range OM-Log400 profile and built-in web cam capabilities for creators to tell their story. The body is also weather sealed with an IP53 rating to help keep the camera dust-proof, splash-proof and freeze-proof. A built-in Live ND16 filter helps capture long exposures in-camera without needing an external ND filter, perfect for landscapes and city shots.
Key OM-5 Features
- 20.4 megapixel Live MOS micro four thirds sensor with TruePic IX processor
- Class leading 5-axis body stabilisation up to 7.5-stops combined lens IS
- IP53 weather sealing designed for the outdoors
- Up to 30fps ProCapture high speed shooting
- Improved Face / Eye detection and tracking AF
- 50 megapixel handheld high-res shot and 80MP tripod mounted
- Starry Sky AF mode
- Live composites, B Mode and Live ND filter for long exposures
- No record limit 4K 30p video and new vertical video mode
- Up to 120fps high speed recording in full HD
- Flip screen for selfies and vlogging
- OM-Log400 profile with wide dynamic range
- Use as a web cam when connected through USB
OM System OM-5 Digital Camera Body Black in More Detail
Compact, lightweight body with 5-axis Image Stabilisation
The OM SYSTEM OM-5 (black) packs 5-axis Image Stabilisation (IS) into a compact body that measures 125.3 x 85.2 x 49.7 mm and weighs just 366g (body only). IBIS delivers up to 6.5 stops of image stabilisation, which extends to 7.5 stops when combined with a compatible lens, thanks to 5-axis sync IS.
This powerful image stabilisation lets you shoot at slower shutter speeds, which is particularly beneficial where a tripod cannot be used and when travelling. Thanks to the renowned 20.37 million effective pixel Live MOS sensor and the high-performance TruePic IX image processing engine, the OM-5 delivers natural gradations in images with lower noise and high image quality, even at high ISO settings.
The OM-5 is also equipped with a 121-point all cross-type On-chip Phase Detection AF sensor, in order to be able to focus at various locations across the frame. This provides greater freedom for framing your shots and high-precision focusing. Starry Sky AF delivers accurate auto focusing to make it easier to capture astrophotography, which was previously difficult to achieve.
IP53 weather sealing
The OM-5 shares IP53 protection class dust-proof and splash-proof performance and freeze-proof protection to -10°C, for the same high level of weather resistance as the flagship OM-1. This allows you to focus on photo opportunities, even during punishing conditions without worrying about ruining equipment due to rain showers, snow or water droplets.
The camera is also equipped with Supersonic Wave Filter (SSWF), which significantly reduces issues with dust and dirt on the image sensor when changing lenses, perfect for those who need to change lenses outdoors. The compact BLS-50 battery and bundled USB-AC adapter can be used to charge the battery while it’s still in the camera.
Computational photography features helps to more easily capture photos that typically require specialist equipment or advanced image editing software. The OM SYSTEM OM-5 is packed with convenient, versatile computational photography features that provide inspiration for creative shooting, including High Res Shot and Live ND.
This model supports Handheld High-Res Shot, which merges multiple images to create approximately 50 Megapixel high-resolution images. With this feature you can enjoy handheld shooting from nearly any angle, while still being able to capture high-resolution images. Merging multiple images not only improves resolution, but also minimises noise for cleaner results. The popular Tripod High-Res Shot is also included on this model, which increases image resolution to around 80 megapixels for large sized printing and high levels of detail, while mounted on a tripod.
Achieve slow shutter speed effects up to ND16 (4 stops), similar to using an ND filter. This feature delivers long exposure effects even on ultra-wide-angle lenses, which cannot usually accommodate an ND filter without special mounting brackets. The effects can be viewed before capturing the image, using the viewfinder or on the LCD when LV Simulation is activated.
Never miss a moment with Pro Capture, which begins recording once the shutter button is pressed halfway and records previous frames from the moment the shutter button is pressed fully. Pro Capture delivers high-speed sequential shooting up to 30 fps (AF/AE locked), up to 14 previous frames can be captured.
Focus Stacking captures eight shots at different focal positions in the frame and automatically generates a single image. This enables you to incorporate background defocusing effects without excessively stopping down the aperture to control depth of field that matches the subject. This feature is useful for macro shooting and landscapes.
With the Live Composite feature, users can easily capture beautiful shots while watching the image build on the Live View screen. This works even in situations where exposure is difficult to achieve, such as when shooting a city against a starry sky at night.
Get straight verticals similar to shooting with a shift lens while viewing the effects in the Live View screen, while using vertical/horizontal simultaneous trapezoidal compensation and perspective enhancement. This is a great features for capturing buildings or other subjects while tilting the camera, which normally causes ‘lean’ in vertical lines.
Other useful content features include:
- Live Bulb
- Interval Shooting/Time Lapse Movie
- Focus Bracketing
- Colour Creator
- Art Filter
- Fisheye Compensation
High-quality handheld 4K video and vertical video recording
Powerful 5-axis image stabilisation is compatible with video recording in the OM-5. When combined with dedicated video electronic stabilisation, it enables you to capture stable, hand-held 4K movies with no recording time limit. The camera utilises On-chip Phase Detection AF sensor for video focusing control, which delivers smooth focusing. OM-Log is LSO supported for a greater level of freedom when colour grading, to capture highlights and shadows without overexposing or underexposing shots.
Vertical video is recorded in vertical orientation on the camera and saved as vertical files, making it far easier to post on social media without special editing software. Users can also connect the high-res LS-P5 linear PCM recorder to capture high-quality audio and the Slate Tone feature is available for easy audio data synchronisation while editing your movies.
- Supports UVC (USB Video Class)/UAC (USB Audio Class) for use as a high-quality web camera simply by connecting it to a computer via USB.
- Equipped with AF Target mode, which offers freedom over AF areas depending on subject movement and position, with selection of any odd number of points from 11 vertical and 11 horizontal points. Select from three levels of vertical and horizontal AF area movement steps.
- Equipped with exposure equalisation processing for coping with sudden changes in exposure between frames during interval shooting.
Huge range of compatible M.Zuiko MFT Lenses
This OM System camera is available with a lens, in the OM-5 Black with 12-45mm f/4 Pro Lens and you can also choose from huge range of Micro Four Thirds lenses to complement the body. Whichever style of photography, video and hybrid shooting you enjoy there are endless possibilities from wide aperture zooms such as the M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO II Lens to all-in-one lenses including the M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-200mm F/3.5-6.3. You’ll also discover a variety of compact primes, specialist macro lenses and third party options from Laowa, Sigma, Samyang, Tamron and Voigtlander. Read more about the body and kits in our OM System OM-5 Camera Review.
Wide range of accessories
With such a wide range of camera accessories anyone new to the MFT system can instantly add essentials for even better content, while existing system users can employ many of their current accessories. To complement this body, choose from:
- ECG-5 Handgrip
- RM-WR1 Wireless Remote Control
- RM-CB2 Remote Cable
- LS-P5 Microphone and Audio Recorder
- SM2 Shock Mount Adapter
- BLS-50 Battery
What’s in the box
- OM System OM-5 MFT Digital Camera Body Black
- F-5AC USB-AC adapter
- BLS-50 Li-ion battery
- USB Connection Cable
- USB-AC Adapter
- Shoulder strap
OM System OM-5 Sample photos
With OM System M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F/4 PRO Lens @85mm. Camera settings: 1/400sec. f/9. ISO 64
With OM System M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F/4 PRO Lens @40mm. Camera settings: 1/160sec. f/8. ISO 100
With OM System M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F/4 PRO Lens @117mm. Camera settings: 1/250sec. f/4. ISO 200
With OM System M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F/4 PRO Lens @117mm. Camera settings: 1/500sec. f/8. ISO 500
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Model: OM System OM-5|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 310|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 30|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 20|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: Yes|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: 2|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): 85|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): 125|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 414|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: Auto, 200 - 25600, expands to 64 - 25600|
|JPEG quality levels: Superfine, fine, standard, basic|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 25600|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: Yes|
|Microphone port: Yes|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: 200|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): 64|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 121|
|Number of white balance presets: 7|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Processor: TruePix IX|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: 1040000|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 22|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: Yes|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: Yes|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: 2360000|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: Yes|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Omni Captial Ltd.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
The OM-5 black is the second MFT hybrid camera body released by OM System, following on from the hugely successful flagship OM-1. The OM-1 added new technologies, many of which have been updated and included in the compact and lightweight OM-5 camera. It also boasts its own unique set of features provided for creators who love action packed storytelling, from the great outdoors.
These include class-leading body stabilisation, which works independently for 6.5-stops and combined with M.Zuiko Digital lenses equipped with image stabilisation, for up to 7.5-stops of shake reduction. This is a substantial upgrade, delivering 15% improved stabilisation over the previous generation camera and allows you to capture sharp images and video, even when walking around during low light conditions.
The sensor and processor work together to capture smooth 4K video, high speed 120fps Full HD and blisteringly quick 30fps image bursts with ProCapture. OM System is also committed to developing advanced computational photography, helped by a sensor which is compatible with phase-detection AF. This leads to improved autofocusing compared to the previous model, with excellent results when using Face and Eye detection AF, better tracking and overall sharper results.
Other features include a new handheld 50 megapixel high-res mode, Starry Sky AF, Vertical video recording for social channels and the ability to use the camera as a webcam. This helps content creators to capture and share a diverse range of subjects, whether photography, video or live streams and reach their audience with impressive low noise, high impact content.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.