Lowepro ProTactic BP 450 AW II Black
With the same rugged protection, but updated sustainable materials, the Lowepro ProTactic BP 450 AW II Backpack Black now includes recycled, solution-dyed fabrics to meet Lowepro Green line ambitions.
- Versatile gear access through four access points so you never miss a shot, plus a secure rear opening
- Updated large-size rugged camera backpack, which features sustainable solution-dyed, recycled fabrics
- Armoured for pro-level gear protection with a more adaptive interior to help you stay organised
- Modular system of compatible loops and tabs makes it easy to add pouches and cases to expand carrying capacity
- Secure 15” laptop compartment, tripod attachment and 25L capacity for camera bodies, lenses and accessories
Lowepro ProTactic BP 450 AW II Black Summary
With a 63% total green line score, the updated Lowepro ProTactic BP 450 AW II Backpack (Black) includes recycled, solution-dyed fabrics, yet offers the same rugged gear protection. Lowepro has updated this larger 25 litre capacity bag, together with the more compact BP 350, in order to offer photographers a more sustainable, yet extremely high perfuming modular backpack.
You can carry a larger tripod and up to a 15” laptop in a suspension compartment, together with a huge amount of camera equipment, including a 70-200 f/2.8 pro telephoto lens mounted on a body. Modular expansion loops and tabs let you to add a host of dedicated accessories for water bottles, lenses and other essential equipment for a versatile carrying solution when out in the field.
- New sustainable materials with recycled and solution dyed fabric (63% total green line score)
- Green line label, 100% recycled LDPE polybag and FSC certified paper Hangtags
- Pro-grade rugged armoured protection from a larger sized camera backpack
- Always ready with multiple equipment access points
- Modular exterior accessory attachment system and removable utility waist belt with SlipLock™ loop system
- 15-inch laptop compartment
- What fits in the ProTactic BP 450 AW II Backpack?
- 1-2 Standard DSLR or mirrorless cameras
- one body with 70-200mm f/2.8 lens attached
- 8 lenses / speedlights
- Mavic / Osmo / 360 action camera
- 1 tripod
Lowepro ProTactic BP 450 AW II Backpack Black in More Detail
4-Point equipment access
Never miss a critical moment thanks to four access points to your gear. The moulded, turret-loading top, quick-grab from both sides, and full, back entry for set-up and security.
A composite-shell construction is lightweight yet sturdy, delivering superior impact protection on backpacks and cases with FormShell technology.
SlipLock™ accessory loops
Lowepro’s SlipLock™ system of compatible loops and tabs makes it easy to add pouches and cases to larger bags, so you can easily bring along water bottles, memory cards and more.
Choose from the following modular accessories for enhanced carrying versatility:
- ProTactic Quick Straps
- ProTactic Bottle Pouch
- ProTactic Phone Pouch
- ProTactic Utility Bag 100AW
- ProTactic Lens Exchange 100AW
- ProTactic Lens Exchange 200AW
CradleFit™ laptop storage
A cleverly constructed compartment suspends and safeguards your laptop when in the bag. This larger BP 450 AW II fits a 15-inch laptop, while the smaller ProTactic BP 350 AW II fits a 13-inch laptop.
Enjoy targeted support at your shoulder blades, lumbar and waist for comfort on the move. A structured back panel allows for ventilation and the backpack includes an integrated trolley strap.
All Weather AW Cover™
Featuring patented technology, the raincoat cover fits snuggly over the bag, and can be folded away when not in use.
Sustainable Green Line design
With a 63% total green line score from 26% solution-dyed, 37% recycled fabrics, the ProTactic BP 450 AW II moves towards Lowepro’s long-term path of protecting the natural world, which the photography community frame and cherish.
The exceptionally adaptive second generation high-performance ProTactic BP 450 AW expands on existing Lowepro backpack rugged versatility and armoured protection, with a more adaptive interior, multiple access points, modular exterior attachment capabilities and convertible utility belt.
Technologies used for the bag include Dope dyeing (also called solution or spun dyeing), which is a production technique to colour synthetic fibres such as acrylic, nylon and polyester. In dope dyeing, pigments are added to the liquid polymer solution before synthetic fibres are extruded. Instead of the traditional wet yarn dyeing, in which the yarn is knitted or weaved first into a fabric, which is then dyed as a whole, dope dyed yarn is the opposite.
The traditional wet processing in the textile industry, has caused a significant impact on the environment and human health. Large amounts of chemicals and dyes are used in the wet processing, which leads to the larger water usage.
Using dope dyed fabrics reduces:
- Greenhouse gas emissions
- Water used (~80% less overall)
- Chemicals as the process becomes shorter and less wastewater is generated
Whats in the box
- Lowepro ProTactic BP 450 AW II Black camera backpack
- SlipLock utility pouch
- Water bottle holder
- Tripod cup
- Quick Straps
- All Weather AW Cover
Lowepro ProTactic BP 450 AW II Backpack Black Specifications
- Internal Dimensions: 30 x 16 x 44 cm
- External Dimensions: 36 x 22 x 52 cm
- Volume (device): 25.0 litres
- Weight: 2.7 kg
- Colour: Black
|Offers: Free Gift|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Internal height (mm): N/A|
|Internal length (mm): N/A|
|Internal width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Laptop section: N/A|
|Bag Material: N/A|
|Personal section: N/A|
|Tripod connection: N/A|
|Bag Type: N/A|
This is a superb update to an already hugely popular camera backpack, which sees the implementation of sustainable practices including water savings during production from solution-dyed, recycled fabrics. This makes the Lowepro ProTactic BP 450 AW II one of the more eco-conscious photo packs for photographers and creators, whilst still providing pro-level rugged durability, drawn from over 50 years of bag design experience.
With a 25L capacity, this larger sized pack offers plenty of storage with versatile organisation for pro content gear, including a camera body with attached 70-200mm f/2.8 lens. You can also fit multiple lenses and accessories inside the bag, along with numerous optional external accessories. These can be attached onto loops and tabs throughout the bag, allowing you to add and remove exterior bags and pouches as required for your photo trips.
With excellent padding, a removable waist strap, modular design and versatile organisation, this is one of the most popular camera backpacks, which just got even better thanks to Lowepro’s commitment to sustainability.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.