Leica Summicron-SL 35mm f/2 ASPH Lens
With a magnesium and aluminium full-metal housing, the black anodised Leica Summicron-SL 35mm f/2 ASPH Lens for L-mount cameras offers exceptional performance for stills and video with three double sided aspherical elements.
- Compact and lightweight classic 35mm lens, which is ideal as an all-day option for both stills and video
- Delivers exceptional image performance thanks to Leica’s optical layout, which includes three aspherical elements
- Quick, quiet and seamless focusing, along with a lightweight design, which is perfect for video creators
- High quality magnesium and aluminium full-metal black anodised housing with water and dust resistance
- Minimal maintenance required thanks to Leica’s Hydrophobe Aqua-Dura® coating on external elements
Leica Summicron-SL 35mm f/2 ASPH Lens Summary
Finished in customary anodised Black with an all-metal magnesium and aluminium housing, the Leica Summicron-SL 35mm f/2 ASPH Lens for L-mount cameras offers a classic focal width, which is an excellent all-day walk around option for stills and video. The compact L mount lens weighs just 400g, includes a wide maximum f/2 aperture and delivers quick, seamless focusing for video.
Leica’s new optical design ensures exceptional image quality for photography and videography, thanks in part to three double-sided aspherical lens elements (ASPH.) which are featured in the layout.
With similar attributes as the Leica Summicron-SL 50mm f/2 ASPH Lens, the Summicron-SL 35 f/2 ASPH. is perfectly balanced on Leica SL cameras, and is available in kits with both the SL2 with Summicron-SL 35 f/2 ASPH Lens Kit and SL2-S with Summicron-SL 35 f/2 ASPH Lens Kit.
Key Leica Summicron-SL 35 f/2 Lens Features
- Bright aperture slightly wide standard 35mm lens
- Finished in black anodised metal
- Magnesium and aluminium full-metal housing
- Three double sided aspherical lens elements
- Compact and lightweight at just 400g
- Hydrophobe Aqua-Dura® coating on external elements
- Close 0.24m minimum focus distance
- Dust and splash resistant
- E67 filter thread
What’s in the box
- Leica Summicron-SL 35mm f/2 ASPH Lens for L mount
- Lens hood
- Lens caps
- Lens bag
|Offers: Bundle Offer|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 73|
|Length (mm): 102|
|Weight (g): 720|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 35 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 35|
|Maximum magnification: 0.2|
|Maximum aperture (number): 2|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 35|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.27|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 5 aspherical elements, MC and Aquadura coatings|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Leica is extending the number of lens options available for the L-mount, in order to meet the demand of hybrid shooters who create content with the SL2 and SL2-S mirrorless bodies. Naturally these lenses are perfectly at home on other L-mount camera from Panasonic and Sigma, however the all-metal black anodised design is the ideal match for Leica’s own cameras.
As you would expect, the Summicron-SL 35mm f/2 ASPH Lens delivers exceptional image quality, at a fraction of the price of the apochromatic version – the APO Summicron SL 35mm F/2 ASPH. Leica’s updated optical formula includes three double sided aspherical elements, which control image artefacts and render beautiful quality.
The focus motor is fast and quiet, supporting both photography and videography with assured results, while the close minimum focus distance opens opportunities for creative compositions, extending the versatility of this compact prime. Anyone considering a slightly wide, standard prime lens for their L mount camera is sure to be impressed with this weather resistant, stylish and extremely durable option from Leica.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.