- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Leica Summicron-SL 50mm f/2 ASPH Lens
The black anodised Leica Summicron-SL 50mm f/2 ASPH Lens boasts three double sided aspherical elements and impeccable image quality for L mount cameras, plus a full-metal housing, which is dust and splash resistant.
Earn 1700 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- Rugged, durable and lightweight classic prime lens for all sorts of subjects including videography
- Built with high-quality black anodised all-metal magnesium and aluminium metal housing
- Fast and quiet focusing adept at both stills and video, while offering a wide maximum aperture for subject separation
- Renders beautiful image quality due to Leica’s optical layout, which includes three aspherical elements
- Dust and moisture seals, a compact 67mm filter thread and coated external lens elements with German-made quality
Leica Summicron-SL 50mm f/2 ASPH Lens Summary
Joining the growing number of high-performance L mount lenses, which support both stills and video creation, is this Leica Summicron-SL 50mm f/2 ASPH Lens. The compact prime arrives with customary anodised Black all-metal magnesium and aluminium housing, which not only complements SL cameras perfectly, but provides robust and durable build quality.
At just 402g the Summicron-SL 50 lens is nicely weighted on either of the SL2 and SL2-S mirrorless bodies, and is available as a kit as the SL2 with Summicron-SL 50mm f/2 ASPH Lens and SL2-S with Summicron-SL 50mm f/2 ASPH Lens Kit.
With a classic focal width, bright f/2 maximum aperture and smooth, assured focusing, the latest Leica lens is ideal as an all-day walk around option for both stills and video. An advanced optical formula includes three double sided aspherical lens elements, which render beautiful results with minimal aberrations, ensuring this is a great choice for anything from portraits and landscapes to travel and moviemaking.
Leica has included proprietary Hydrophobe Aqua-Dura® coating to reduce smears and dirt on external elements, along with dust and moisture sealing for outdoor users.
Key Leica Summicron-SL 50 f/2 Lens Features
- Bright aperture standard 50mm lens
- Stylish black anodised finish
- Magnesium and aluminium full-metal housing
- Three double sided aspherical lens elements
- Compact and portable, weighing just 402g
- Hydrophobe Aqua-Dura® coating on external elements
- 45m minimum focus distance
- Dust and splash resistant
- E67 filter thread
What’s in the box
- Leica Summicron-SL 50mm f/2 ASPH Lens for L mount
- Lens hood
- Lens caps
- Lens bag
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 73|
|Length (mm): 102|
|Weight (g): 740|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 50 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 50|
|Maximum magnification: 0.2|
|Maximum aperture (number): 2|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 50|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.35|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 3 aspherical elements, AquaDura coating|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Omni Captial Ltd.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
The Leica Summicron-SL 50mm f/2 ASPH Lens arrives with a classic standard focal width, which is ideal for virtually any everyday subjects and can be left on your camera as an all day walk around option. Image quality its excellent and focusing is fast and quiet, lending this compact prime to both stills and video recording.
With just 2g between this Summicron-SL 50 f/2 ASPH. Lens and the 35mm version, videographers also gain a perfectly balanced pair of high-quality primes for content creation. This provides quick lens changes when mounted on a gimbal, without needing to rebalance before continuing to shoot.
The 50mm comes with a 45cm close focusing distance and is finished in the same customary black anodised all-metal design, which is typical of Leica’s black-finish lenses. Build-quality is also high, with rugged durability provided by a full-metal housing with dust and moisture resistance for outdoor shooting.
With a maximum f/2 aperture you can separate the subject and render smooth defocus areas in the frame, which is perfect for portraits, street photography and other subjects where a shallow depth of field is desirable. This is sure to be a popular 50mm prime for L mount content creators, thanks to excellent build quality, thoughtful features and excellent results for both stills and video.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.