Hasselblad XCD 38V f/2.5 Lens
The Hasselblad XCD 38V f/2.5 Lens offers a 30mm wide angle equivalent (full-frame format) for medium format X System cameras and includes a faster AF stepper motor, customisable control ring and more.
- Updated medium format XCD lens with high quality optical design and over 100 megapixel resolving power
- Customisable control ring and aperture ring which can be set as stepped and stepless adjustment
- Newly developed leaf shutter unit and internal focusing linear stepper AF motor ,which is quick and quiet
- Intuitive changes between AF and MF with simple push/pull mechanism, as well as distance and DOF scale
- Beautifully designed Hasselblad prime lens with ‘H’ Logo branding etched into rings for excellent grip
Hasselblad XCD 38V f/2.5 Lens Summary
Joining the release of the 100 megapixel X2D 100C camera are three new XCD lenses, including this wide angle Hasselblad XCD 38V f/2.5 Lens. It offers a 38mm focal width (30mm equivalent in full-frame format), with a series of new features for X System photographers.
This compact prime delivers top-class optical performance and is capable of rendering a resolution of over 100 megapixels thanks to three aspherical lens elements within an arrangement of 10 elements. A wide maximum f/2.5 aperture allows you to capture desirable shallow depth of field results and work in low light, making the XCD 2,5/38V lens ideal for photojournalism, indoor and outdoor shoots.
Hasselblad has included an upgraded leaf shutter with flash synchronisation at all speeds up to the maximum 1/2000sec, when combined with Hasselblad X cameras. The shutter is fast and quiet, complemented by a newly designed focusing module, which delivers exceptionally quick and accurate focusing, and the lens has a focus ring as well as a customisable control ring.
- Bright aperture wide angle 30mm equivalent focal width prime
- Minimum object distance of just 0,30 m to image plane
- Optical design which resolves over 100 megapixels
- Customisable control ring and aperture ring with stepped and stepless value adjustment
- H Logo etched rings for good grip and branding
- New shutter unit and linear stepper AF motor which is quicker and quieter, with internal focusing
- Push – Pull for quick changes between AF To MF
- Distance and DOF scale
- 72mm filter diameter
- Compatible cameras X2D 100C, X1D 50C, X1DII 50C, 907X (including 907X anniversary kit)
A convenient push and pull mechanism in the focus ring enables you to easily change from AF and MF and when in MF mode, you can easily check focus distance and DOF readings. The control ring can be customised for quick access to your preferred function.
High resolving XCD lenses
An optical design includes 10 lens elements arranged in 9 groups, with three aspherical elements. The entrance pupil position is 65mm in front of the image plane, which is the correct position of the axis of rotation when making a panorama image, by combining individual images of a scene. When images are imported to Phocus, distortion is automatically removed to save time when editing.
Three lenses were released simultaneously, with this wide angle prime, together with the standard XCD 55V f/2.5 lens and short telephoto XCD 90V f/2.5 lens. Together they provide ultra-high resolution and new features for professional photographers working in the studio or in the field.
Precision Hasselblad optics for outstanding images
The Hasselblad lens is able to capture the most subtle nuances of light and shadow, with excellent resolution and colour reproduction. A medium format camera sensor has a large area with high pixel density, posing stringent requirements for the precision of the lens. Starting with the selection of high-quality glass, Hasselblad engineers carefully grind each lens to perfect its optical quality and meet the resolution requirements of 100 million pixels.
The XCD 2,5/38V lens features ten elements in nine groups, including three aspherical elements and three ED elements. Through this design, the lens is both compact in size and also improves light transmittance and suppresses chromatic dispersion, for stunning results.
Powerful smaller leaf shutter
The leaf shutter is a powerful component in Hasselblad's medium format system and the XCD 2,5/38V lens is equipped with an upgraded leaf shutter which, despite being smaller, maintains the same precision performance as its predecessors. In addition, this ultra-compact shutter delivers flash synchronisation at all speeds up to 1/2000s.
New Fast, light and accurate focusing module
The upgraded focusing module in the Hasselblad XCD 2,5/38V Lens includes a linear stepping motor and a lighter, smaller focusing lens group. These effectively eliminate any backlash from the lens group moving and, coupled with the PDAF technology of the X2D 100C, mean the focusing lens group can quickly reach the focusing position and achieve a precise stop. The result for photographers is fast, flexible and accurate focusing.
The lens is comfortable to use and intuitive in the hand, fully supporting rather than distracting from your creative process and the focus and control rings are fine-tuned for a smooth and satisfying experience. A simple push and pull of the focus ring changes from AF to MF mode, where intuitive scale marks keep focus distance and DOF clear at a glance. The control ring can be customised for quick access to preferred features, resulting in a more convenient and efficient shooting experience.
Familiar, yet new aesthetic
The XCD 2,5/38V lens is a precision-crafted metal lens with a focus ring and a newly added control ring, both of which are delicately engraved with a Hasselblad "H" logo. The design is created using a precise 0.3mm drill bit and is a nod to the memorable look of the HC/HCD lenses. Whether paired with X-system or 907X cameras, this new lens is both a homage to the past while standing on its own as a unique, elegant statement.
Hasselblad XCD 38V f/2.5 Lens Specifications
|Focal length||38 mm|
|Equivalent Focal length (24x36)||30 mm|
|Aperture range||2,5 - 32|
|Angle of view diag/hor/vert||70°/59°/46°|
|Length (from camera lens mount flange)||63 mm|
|Weight (excl. covers and lens shade)||350 g|
|Filter diameter||72 mm|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: Yes|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 76|
|Length (mm): 68|
|Weight (g): 350|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: Yes|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 38 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 38|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): 2.5|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 38|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.3|
|Minimum aperture (number): 32|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: Three aspherical elements|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Hasselblad has created a trio of lenses compatible with ultra-high resolution medium format X system cameras, with this lightweight 350g XCD 38V f/2.5 Lens being the widest of the three. It features an optical design which resolves over 100 megapixels and several new features for pro photographers. Despite its low weight this compact prime includes a new leaf shutter with maximum 1/2000sec speed, faster AF stepper motor and customisable control ring. Switching between AF and MF is simple and efficient due to a push–pull mechanism, while the barrel also includes DOF and distance scales.
The benefits of a leaf shutter include the ability to sync with your flash unit at any speed up to the maximum 1/2000sec and the faster AF motor caters for updated phase-detect focusing found in the X2D 100C camera. With a wide maximum aperture and portable design, the XCD 2,5/38V lens is ideal for use indoors and out, shooting with both artificial and natural lighting, even during darker conditions. Naturally the exterior design is also beautiful, with ‘H’ logo branding etched onto the rings, which also double as ergonomic grip for the lens. Whether you capture landscapes, studio work or reportage, this compact 38mm lens delivers beautiful high resolution results from a portable form, which you can enjoy virtually anywhere.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.