Fujifilm XF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 R LM OIS WR Lens Black
The weather sealed Fujifilm XF 70-300mm Lens in Black is a compact lightweight telephoto zoom providing a broad focal range of 107mm-457mm in 35mm equivalent along with 5.5-stops of stabilisation.
- Versatile long range telephoto zoom with a full-frame equivalent of 107mm - 457mm
- Lightweight lens weighing just 580g which also offers close-up macro style shooting
- Built-in optical image stabilisation provides 5.5-stops of shake reduction when hand-holding
- Full teleconverter compatibility provides up to 914mm equivalent telephoto reach for distant subjects
- Fast and near silent focus motor compatible with the latest AF systems from Fujifilm
Fujifilm XF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 R LM OIS WR Lens Black Summary
For 2021 Fujifilm introduces the XF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 R LM OIS WR, a high quality telephoto zoom lens for the compact mirrorless X System. This lens combines a lightweight design weighing only 580g with up to 5.5 EV stops of optical image stabilisation. A fast AF linear motor captures subjects in a breeze and comprehensive weather resistance ensures photographers can shoot during any downpour. All together these make for a fast, compact and versatile lens with a focal range equivalent to 107mm - 457mm in full-frame format. These types of telephoto lengths excel at a variety of subjects including sports, action and wildlife photography. The XF 70-300mm also makes for a versatile travel partner, particularly if paired with the XF 16-80mm F/4 R OIS WR. Together these two lenses cover all focal ranges between 24mm and 457mm (in 35mm equivalent) yet weigh just around 1kg between them.
Features at a glance
- Compact and portable telephoto zoom covering a broad telephoto zoom range
- Compatible with both Fujinon teleconverters: XF 1.4x TC WR and XF 2.0x TC WR
- 5.5-stops of optical image stabilisation (OIS) to help reduce camera shake
- Fast and near-silent autofocusing with a linear-motor drive system
- Excels at close-up photography with 83cm minimum focal distance at 0.33x magnification
- High quality results from a design incorporating 17 elements in 12 groups including one aspherical element and two ED elements
Fujifilm XF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 R LM OIS WR Lens in More Detail
High quality optics in a lightweight, compact design
Despite weighing just 580g at a length of 132.5mm the XF 70-300 f/4-5.6 combines 17 glass elements into 12 groups. These include one aspherical element and two ED elements which serve to deliver high quality results throughout the entire range.
With either teleconverter attached, phase detection AF continues to work with no reduction in performance. When the XF 2X TC WR is attached maximum zoom reaches an equivalent of 914mm with only two stops of light loss. With the XF 1.4X TC WR the lens provides a 35mm equivalent of 630mm with one less stop loss. These are incredibly long focal ranges which will appeal to photographers who shoot extremely distant subjects.
Using the XF 2X TC WR also extends close-up capabilities to 1:1 magnification (0.66x) enabling yet more creative expression.
Fast, silent AF drive
The use of a linear-motor drive system facilitates fast and near silent autofocusing, which allows the lens to fully leverage advanced AF systems found in X Series cameras. Face and Eye detect systems work seamlessly with the lens, particularly when paired with cameras such as the Fujifilm X-E4.
Powerful image stabilisation
5.5-stops of optical image stabilisation (OIS) help to reduce the effects of camera shake, especially at longer focal lengths. The lens’s OIS capabilities are further extended when combined with in-body image stabilisation (IBIS) systems found in the X-T4 or X-S10. This adds five-axis stabilisation, which also helps to reduce linear shift shake with sharper results when hand-holding.
Fujifilm XF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 R LM OIS WR Lens Specifications
Fujinon XF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 R LM OIS WR
17 elements in 12 groups (includes 1 aspherical and 2 ED elements)
Angle of view
F/4-F/5.6 - F/22
1/3EV (16 steps)
Aperture control number of blades
9 (rounded diaphragm opening)
φ75mm x 132.5mm (Wide) /205.5mm (Telephoto)
Weight (excluding caps, hoods, and tripod collar foot)
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
The XF 70-300mm telephoto zoom lens (in black) adds to the growing list of high quality X System lenses available from Fujifilm. Despite being at the more affordable end of the spectrum, particularly for such a long zoom range, the lens performs admirably throughout. Autofocus is snappy and able to pick up subjects quickly when using the latest Face and Eye AF systems. The lens also responds well in low light thanks to an effective built-in optical image stabilisation system which helps to reduce camera shake when hand holding.
The versatility of this model is a major benefit with full teleconverter compatibility. This not only allows the photographer to zoom in as far as 914mm (in full-frame equivalent) but also provides 1:1 close-up macro capabilities. Even without a teleconverter the lens delivers extreme close-ups, ideal for a diverse range of creative ideas from near to far subjects.
With such a lightweight design the lens has more in common with a standard zoom lens, making it ideal to bring along to more outings or when travelling. The 67mm filter thread enables users to add lens filters cost effectively, whilst comprehensive weather resistance ensures the XF 70-300mm will be a success whatever the weather.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.