Fujifilm X-S20 Mirrorless Camera Body
The Fujifilm X-S20 Mirrorless Camera Body is an incredibly versatile X series camera packed with technology for everything from family snaps and storytelling to 6.2K video and hybrid content creation.
- Highly capable hybrid camera, which is easy to use for newcomers and powerful for advanced creators
- Extremely portable design, which includes IBIS for stable video recording and sharp photos when handholding
- Capture high-speed burst images at up to 20fps and incredibly detailed 6.2K video using the full sensor without crop
- Versatile option for all sorts of content, whether capturing everyday snapshots or live-streaming to your audience
- Includes AI-driven Face/Eye AF subject detection and lots of tools to help you capture the best ever photos and videos
Fujifilm X-S20 Mirrorless Camera Body Summary
Offering extremely capable hybrid photo and video capabilities in an easy-to-use format, the Fujifilm X-S20 Mirrorless Camera Body combines a portable size with versatile tools for content creation. Despite weighing just 491g the new generation X-S20 houses the highly capable 26.1MP X-Trans CMOS 4 BSI CMOS Sensor, which is paired with Fujifilm’s high-speed X-Processor 5.
These core components deliver excellent performance for hybrid creators, with 20fps blackout-free shooting in electronic shutter mode and full sensor 6.2K video recording without cropping. You can also record DCI 4K/60p internally and output ProRes and BlackMagic RAW via HDMI for the most advanced colour grading opportunities.
This Fuji mirrorless camera includes advanced Face/Eye AF subject detection as well up to 7-stops of in-body stabilisation, which help to keep your subject sharp in the frame wherever they move across the frame. The camera supports UVC live-streaming at up to 4K/60p and is compatible with Fujifilm’s versatile X-App for remote shooting, backup and quick file transfers.
With such an extensive list of capabilities the X-S20 Camera is ideal for anywhere your creativity takes you, from everyday snapshots and capturing family moments, to sports and wildlife, vlogging and storytelling, as well as street and portrait photography.
Key Fujifilm X-S20 Camera Features
- 26.1 megapixel X-Trans CMOS 4 BSI CMOS Sensor with X-Processor 5
- 2.36MP OLED colour viewfinder and 3.0" 1.84MP vari-angle touchscreen LCD monitor
- 8fps burst in mechanical shutter / 20fps blackout-free in electronic shutter
- 7-stop in-body stabilisation
- AI-driven Face/Eye AF subject detection
- New Vlog Mode for easier vlogging with the tripod grip TG-BT1
- 19 Film Simulation Modes including Nostalgic Neg
- Capture space-saving 10-bit HEIF images
- 6.2K Open Gate full-sensor recording with no crop
- Record a variety of formats including DCI 4K/60p, 1080/60p Long Play Mode, 1080/240p and 4:2:2 10-bit up to 360Mbps
- F-Log2 with expanded 13+ stop dynamic
- 12-bit ProRes and BlackMagic RAW via HDMI to an external video recorder
- Connectivity includes 3.5mm Mic jack / Headphone / 2.5mm Remote Please / USB-C PD charging and Micro HDMI port
- UVC 4K/60p live-streaming / Webcam mode
- Weighs just 491g
Fujifilm X-S20 Mirrorless Camera Body in More Detail
Back-illuminated 26.1MP X-Trans CMOS 4 with X-Processor 5
Since being developed in-house the X-Trans sensor and image processor in the X-S20’s core have graced some of the most advanced Fujifilm mirrorless cameras such as the X-T5, which features with the same high-speed X-Processor 5.
X-Processor 5 provides twice the processing speed of X-Processor 4, which was used in the previous generation camera, with AI processing and reduced power consumption being just a couple of its advantages.
The 26.1MP X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor offers tried-end-tested high resolution results at fast readout speeds, which supports high-speed burst photography and professional video quality.
Highly capable imaging
Fujifilm has extended the imaging capabilities of the X-S20 in order to provide powerful stills features for photographers. These include a wide ISO range of 160 –12,800 which is extendible to ISO 80 – ISO 51,200 for versatile capabilities in all sorts of lighting conditions.
A host of photo modes help you capture stills content for any audience, such as:
- AE Bracketing
- Filmsimulation bracketing
- Dynamic Range Bracketing
- ISO sensitivity Bracketing
- White Balance Bracketing
- Focus Bracketing
- Multiple Exposure
- HDR Mode
- Advanced filter
High Performance for fast action
When you need fast burst continuous shooting to keep up with action, the X-S20 offers the option to shoot in either mechanical shutter or electronic shutter modes. This provides 8fps burst in mechanical shutter and 20fps completely blackout-free shooting in electronic shutter. This provides extremely responsive capabilities to capture every split second in the best quality available.
In a pinch you can even extend burst shooting to 30fps by using a 1.25x Crop, for when you simply have to capture the perfect moment during fast paced action sequences. The Fujifilm X-S20’s buffer will record up to 79 frames of compressed RAW images when bursting in full resolution at 20fps and 1000+ frames when using the mechanical shutter at 8fps.
Face/Eye AF subject detection
The X-S20 uses an advanced Intelligent Hybrid AF (TTL contrast AF / TTL phase detection AF) with AI-driven subject detection and tracking. Fuji’s Face / Eye AF latest AF algorithm is extremely capable at tracking people, even while shooting in burst mode, or when your subject is continuously moving across the frame.
This enables you to accurately capture fast paced sports, wildlife and action, which is erratic or fast moving. Other subjects which are recognised include Animal / Bird / Automobile / Motorcycle & Bike / Airplane /Train.
Low light focusing is down to -7.0EV with phase-section AF and shooting with the XF 50mm f/1.0 lens, which provides unparalleled low light performance.
Built-in body stabilisation
Shooting handheld requires dexterity from the user and the camera, which the X-S20 delivers in the form of a 5-axis in-body image stabilisation (IBIS) mechanism, which is able to reduce camera shake by up to 7-stops.
Digital Image Stabilisation is also available when recording movies, with IS MODE BOOST, which can be used for extremely unstable recording situations. This built-in stability opens new opportunities to shoot in dark environments and still come away with sharp images and smoother videos.
Incredible video performance
Video creators gain a formidable mirrorless camera, with a wealth of video options from full-sensor width 6.2K Open Gate recording with no crop, to high-speed Full HD 240p and 4:2:2 10-bit up to 360Mbps. When combined with the effective IBIS you can record vlogs and videos without the need for a gimbal in many situations and capture video which will thrill you and any audience.
The X-S20 supports every level of video creation with the option of recording to an external video recorder such as the Atomos Ninja V, in order to capture ProRes RAW or BlackMagic RAW over HDMI. This offers exceptional colour grading and highlight recovery during post production with the ultimate control over your movies.
A maximum 6.2K/30p (3:2) can be recorded in H.265 All-Intra 4:2:2 MOV 10bit, 360Mbps internally to the SD card and 6.2K/30p (3:2) or 5.2K/60p RAW to an external recorder.
Numerous other recording options are available to suit every situation with DCI4K and 4K at 60p H.265 All-Intra 4:2:2 10bit internal recording through to High speed FHD 240fps 4:2:2 10bit.
Audio quality is also excellent with Stereo sound 24bit / 48KHz sampling available across HEVC/H.265, Linear PCM and MPEG-4.
Versatile EVF and vari-angle touchscreen LCD
Fuji has included a bright 2.36 million dot OLED colour viewfinder, which provides a sharp, clear view of your subject. The rear also features a 3.0 inch 1.84 million dot vari-angle touchscreen LCD monitor, which is perfect for capturing difficulty shooting angles, selfies and for vlogging, proving useful particularly when working at waist level or in portrait orientation.
The electronic viewfinder provides completely blackout-free scenes even when bursting at the maximum frame rate.
Suport for HEIF files and high quality RAW
The HEIF image format is supported, which captures 10-bit quality in files which are up to 30% smaller than JPEGs. This not only saves space but speeds up your workflow with more impressive results straight out of camera.
RAW images are captured in 14bit (RAF original format) at a maximum size of 6240 x 4160 pixels, (3:2) for the greatest flexibility when post-processing your images.
Fujifilm has continuously evolved from analog to digital over an 85 year history, and the X-S20 digital camera features 19 Film Simulation Modes including Nostalgic Neg. These preset colours capture gorgeous results straight out of camera, with unique images which help to push your creativity from popular looks such as PROVIA, Velvia and Classic Chrome.
Fujifilm X App
From release Fujifilm camera users will be able to download a new free X App, which connects a Wi-Fi capable digital camera with a smartphone or tablet for remote shooting with Live View, image transfer and viewing. Some shooting settings such as aperture, ISO and shutter speed can also be set from the smartphone or tablet.
The new version provides more stable and faster wireless communications and transfers pictures from a camera to a smartphone or tablet more smoothly. All communications can be completed solely on a smartphone / tablet with the exception of the initial Bluetooth pairing for an enhanced shooting experience.
Adding the right accessories is possible thanks to comprehensive connectivity and the X-S20 includes:
- WiFi IEEE802.11a/b/g/n/ac (standard wireless protocol)
- Bluetooth Ver. 4.2 (Bluetooth low energy)
- USB Type-C (USB3.2 Gen2x1)
- HDMI Micro connector (Type D)
- ø3.5mm, stereo mini connector (Microphone)
- ø3.5mm, stereo mini connector (Headphone)
Wide range of X Mount lenses
A high number of Fujifilm mirrorless lenses for X system cameras cater for every subject you could wish to shoot, whether using a prime, zoom or specialist optics. Alongside a host of Fuji own branded Fujinon lenses such as the jointly released XF 8mm f/3.5 R WR Lens, you’ll find eight other third party manufactures with X lenses. These include well-established brands such as Samyang, Sigma, Tamron and Voigtlander, who all create diverse X mount options for all sorts of situations.
The X ecosystem is well-established, with Fuji camera accessories available to enhance your shooting experience. One of the first additions will be an extra Fujifilm NP-W235 battery or two, and you may need faster UHS-II Video Speed Class V90 SD memory cards for 6K video, which are compatible at any size up to 2TB.
Extended battery life
Extended battery life of up to 800 frames in economy and 750 frames in standard shooting mode is provided by the addition of the 2200 mAh NP-W235 battery. When recording video this allows for up to 85min. (29.97p) continuous recording in 6.2K and approximately 95 minutes of high speed 120p recording in Full HD.
What’s in the box
- Fujifilm X-S20 Mirrorless Camera Body
- Li-ion battery NP-W235
- AC power adapter AC-5VJ
- Plug adapter
- USB cable
- Shoulder strap
- Body cap
- Sync terminal cover
- Owner's manual
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Model: Fujifilm X-S20|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: N/A|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): N/A|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): N/A|
|Custom white balance: N/A|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: N/A|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: N/A|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: N/A|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: N/A|
|Microphone port: N/A|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: N/A|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: N/A|
|Number of white balance presets: N/A|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: N/A|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: N/A|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: N/A|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): N/A|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
Whichever type of stills, video or hybrid content you like to create, the Fujifilm X-S20 Mirrorless Camera delivers, with easy-to-use features and advanced capabilities ready as you grow. It’s a brilliant tool for visual storytelling, which helps you to create a range of images that not only impress, but also inspire your audience.
A user-friendly highly compact body houses Fuji’s advanced technology with features which make it easier to capture, edit and share your content. The tried-and-tested 26.1 megapixel sensor and X-Processor 5 deliver impressive capabilities, enabling you to capture high-speed stills and incredible high resolution movies at fast frame rates when you choose.
You can adapt to various shooting situations with the X-S20, harnessing powerful built-in image stabilisation for handholding, out of the box live-streaming and a wealth of Fuji Simulation Modes for instantly appealing results.
Fujifilm cameras have earned a reputation of capturing exceptionally versatile video formats, which is a trend the X-S20 continues through both internal and external recording to ProRes RAW and BlackMagic RAW over HDMI. Stills are equally impressive, with both high-resolution and high-speed burst able to harness AI-driven Face/Eye AF subject detection. The camera body itself emits effortless style with a minimalist design that has everything you need, including a versatile articulating touchscreen and bright EVF.
Whether upgrading from an existing camera or new to the X system, the Fujifilm X-S20 is a brilliant option which deserves serious consideration, not least for the huge ecosystem it offers. You can also get a free quote from us if you want to sell a camera and offset the cost of upgrading.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.