Fujifilm XF 8mm f/3.5 R WR Lens
With a 12mm full-frame equivalent focal width, the Fujifilm XF 8mm f/3.5 R WR Lens is a brilliant weather sealed prime for capturing subjects such as architecture, landscape photography and vlogging.
- The widest XF lens for Fujifilm X system with an expansive field of view for landscapes, architecture and vlogging
- Ultra portable design makes it perfect for hiking to destinations, travel and as a walk-around option
- Advanced optical design renders exceptional clear results with high levels of detail across the entire frame
- Reduced focus breathing for videography and a weather sealed structure for outdoor shooting
- Ultra wide angle prime with high resolving optics suitable for any mirrorless X system camera
Fujifilm XF 8mm f/3.5 R WR Lens Summary
Fujifilm’s latest lens for mirrorless X cameras arrives in the form of this super-compact Fujifilm XF 8mm f/3.5 R WR Lens. The compact prime offers a full-frame equivalent ultra wide focal width of 12mm, which is ideal for architecture, landscapes and vlogging, where you can fit more of everything into the frame. It’s also the widest from the lineup of Fujifilm’s XF lenses at the time of launch, with a 121º viewing angle diagonally and 112º horizontally.
The mirrorless Fujifilm lens weighs a mere 215g, yet includes a weather resistant design and compact 62mm filter thread. When recoding movies the lens is optimised to show minimal focus breathing and a lens hood is included to help reduce incidental light and maintain contrast.
Fujifilm’s unique optical design makes it possible to capture edge-to-edge clarity, while the UWA lens brings huge levels of intricate detail, such as tree branches and leaves in landscapes and ornamental details when capturing huge cathedrals or temples. The compact design of the XF 8mm f/3.5 R WR Lens provides excellent portability, allowing users to enjoy the world of ultra wide angle photography more readily.
Key Fujifilm XF 8mm f/3.5 R WR Lens Features
- Ultra compact design, which weighs just 215g
- 12mm full-frame equivalent focal width
- Weather sealed structure
- Reduced focus breathing for videography
- 62mm filter thread
Fujifilm XF 8mm f/3.5 R WR Lens in More Detail
Outstanding image quality
Outstanding image-resolving performance is delivered by an optical formula consisting of 12 lens elements in nine groups, including three aspherical elements and two ED elements. The Ultra Wide focal length of 8mm (equivalent to 12mm in the 35mm film format) with the diagonal viewing angle is perfect for capturing unique perspectives for a dramatic look. The lens captures wide views in edge-to-edge clarity, thanks to its exceptional image-resolving performance.
Compact and portable design
Despite being such a wide angle lens, the XF 8mm F3.5 R WR measures just 52.8mm long, weighs 215g and has the versatile 62mm filter thread. The compact and lightweight design makes it an ideal walk-around option with for landscapes, architecture, snapshots and travel photography. In addition, the filter thread accommodates a variety of lens filters including ND filters for long-exposure photography and video recording.
What’s in the box
- Fujifilm XF 8mm f/3.5 R WR Lens
- Front lens cap FLCP-62 II
- Rear lens cap RLCP-001
- Lens hood
- Lens wrapping cloth
Fujifilm XF 8mm f/3.5 R WR Lens Specifications
Focal length (35mm format equivalent)
8mm (12mm full-frame equivalent)
Angle of view
Number of blades
9 (rounded diaphragm opening)
Minimum focus distance
Dimensions : Diameter x Length* (approx.)
Φ68mm x 52.8mm
12 elements in 9 groups (includes 3 aspherical and 2 ED elements)
Fujifilm XF 8mm f/3.5 R WR Lens Sample photos
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: Yes|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 68|
|Length (mm): 53|
|Weight (g): 215|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 8 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 8.0|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): 3.50|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 8.0|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.18|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22.00|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 3 aspherical elements, 2 ED elements|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.