Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Telephoto Zoom Lens
With a classic and versatile telephoto zoom focal length, ideal for weddings, sports, wildlife and landscapes, ensures that the new Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM a must-have lens for RF mirrorless.
Currently out of stock with no accurate expected delivery
Earn 2729 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
Chat with a Canon product specialist about this productChat now
- Incredibly compact and lightweight
- Intuitive control ring to adjust camera settings
- Ultra quick focus acquisition with dual USM motors
- High quality construction incorporating aspherical and UD elements
- Dust and weather sealed construction with rubber mount ring
Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Lens Summary
Canon have revealed the RF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM lens, developed specifically for their full-frame EOS R mirrorless cameras. This lens is the third of six new models being released for the compact system and shows how committed Canon are to moving into mirrorless format. The first thing you will notice when handling this lens is how ultra compact it is for an f/2.8, 70-200. In fact it is jaw dropping, especially when compared with the equivalent EF version for DSLR's.
On the subject of quality, this pro L-series lens is constructed with no less than 17 elements in 13 groups, which is quite remarkable considering the compact, lightweight form. The inclusion of aspherical and Super UD elements provide enhanced high contrast and sharp results and glass elements are finished off with Canons' SWC and Super Spectra coatings. To assist with sharper hand-held photography, this model also includes an effective 5-stop Image Stabiliser.
The 70-200mm focal range is an excellent workhorse range for a number of applications. From everyday creative use for subjects slightly further away to specialised subjects including portraits, weddings, compressing landscapes and of course action. The f/2.8 telephoto zoom complements the RF 24-70mm f/2.8L and RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM as Canon’s mirrorless Trinity of lenses. All three boast L series quality, fast constant apertures and high speed AF motors. Newer mirrorless bodies such as the EOS R5 and R6 camera sync with the 70-200 IS with IBIS working seamlessly with the lens optical stabilisation. Not all of Canon’s earliest mirrorless cameras sported in-body stabilisation however, which is where this lens picks up 5 stops of advantage.
A dual nano USM motor is built-in for highly responsive and quick focussing from just 70cm on to infinity. This opens up the ability to capture macro images as well as the huge range of subjects ideal for this standard telephoto length. Users will of course include wedding, studio, portrait, action and wildlife photographers to name a few. 70-200 really are versatile workhorse zooms and feature in many enthusiasts and pro photographer kit bags.
Another innovative feature which Canon have included in the RF 70-200mm is the addition of a rear control ring. This allows the photographer to easily change a range of camera settings from the lens itself, including shutter speed, aperture and ISO. The control ring is a welcome addition, giving users even more chances of capturing the perfect shot, by providing an intuitive and quick method of adjusting settings without taking your eye off the action.
Outdoor and travel photographers will be pleased to read that this model is fully weather sealed and includes fluorine coatings to protect against dust and water. Canon have even utilised heat resistant paint to keep the lens cooler when shooting in hot conditions. For those seeking smooth out of focus areas, the 9 blade aperture design, along with bright f/2.8 aperture will ensure consistently smooth bokeh. Last but not least, the common filter thread size of 77mm will appeal to those with existing filters or accessories.
RF 70-200mm f/2.8 Features in Detail
- Image size: Full Frame
- Angle of view: 29° - 10°
- Lens construction: 17/13
- No. of diaphragm blades: 9
- Minimum aperture: 32
- Closest focussing distance (m): 0.70
- Distance Information: YES
- Image stabiliser: 5 EV stops
- AF actuator: Dual Nano USM
- Dust/moisture resistance: YES
- Filter diameter (mm): 77mm
- Max. diameter x length (mm): 89.9 x 146
- Weight (g): 1070
RF 70-200mm f2.8L Lens Full Specifications
Telephoto Zoom Lens
f/2.8 - f/32
Lens Filter Size
Canon EOS R Mirrorless
89.9 x 146mm
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Canon Mirrorless Lenses|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Canon are extremely keen to demonstrate their commitment to the EOS R mirrorless system and it shows with the release of the RF 70-200mm f/2.8 L lens. This is the third in the trinity line-up and is without doubt one of the most compact full-frame telephoto lenses on the market today. Well constructed with L-series quality, weather sealing and the addition of an incredibly useful control ring makes this a versatile and high quality offering.
Having a fast, constant aperture telephoto zoom, which only weighs around 1kg. will be on every EOS R users' horizon who likes to save weight without compromising on quality. With so many advanced features in such a compact size, we are certain that this lens will rightfully be enjoyed by many mirrorless system photographers.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.