- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Telephoto Zoom Lens
With a classic and versatile telephoto zoom focal length, ideal for weddings, sports, wildlife and landscapes, ensures that the new Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM a must-have lens for RF mirrorless.
Earn 2859 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
Chat with a Canon product specialist about this productChat now
- Incredibly compact and lightweight
- Intuitive control ring to adjust camera settings
- Ultra quick focus acquisition with dual USM motors
- High quality construction incorporating aspherical and UD elements
- Dust and weather sealed construction with rubber mount ring
Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Lens Summary
Canon have revealed the RF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM lens, developed specifically for their full-frame EOS R mirrorless cameras. This lens is the third of six new models being released for the compact system and shows how committed Canon are to moving into mirrorless format. The first thing you will notice when handling this lens is how ultra compact it is for an f/2.8, 70-200. In fact it is jaw dropping, especially when compared with the equivalent EF version for DSLR's.
On the subject of quality, this pro L-series lens is constructed with no less than 17 elements in 13 groups, which is quite remarkable considering the compact, lightweight form. The inclusion of aspherical and Super UD elements provide enhanced high contrast and sharp results and glass elements are finished off with Canons' SWC and Super Spectra coatings. To assist with sharper hand-held photography, this model also includes an effective 5-stop Image Stabiliser.
The 70-200mm focal range is an excellent workhorse range for a number of applications. From everyday creative use for subjects slightly further away to specialised subjects including portraits, weddings, compressing landscapes and of course action. The f/2.8 telephoto zoom complements the RF 24-70mm f/2.8L and RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM as Canon’s mirrorless Trinity of lenses. All three boast L series quality, fast constant apertures and high speed AF motors. Newer mirrorless bodies such as the EOS R5 and R6 camera sync with the 70-200 IS with IBIS working seamlessly with the lens optical stabilisation. Not all of Canon’s earliest mirrorless cameras sported in-body stabilisation however, which is where this lens picks up 5 stops of advantage.
A dual nano USM motor is built-in for highly responsive and quick focussing from just 70cm on to infinity. This opens up the ability to capture macro images as well as the huge range of subjects ideal for this standard telephoto length. Users will of course include wedding, studio, portrait, action and wildlife photographers to name a few. 70-200 really are versatile workhorse zooms and feature in many enthusiasts and pro photographer kit bags.
Another innovative feature which Canon have included in the RF 70-200mm is the addition of a rear control ring. This allows the photographer to easily change a range of camera settings from the lens itself, including shutter speed, aperture and ISO. The control ring is a welcome addition, giving users even more chances of capturing the perfect shot, by providing an intuitive and quick method of adjusting settings without taking your eye off the action.
Outdoor and travel photographers will be pleased to read that this model is fully weather sealed and includes fluorine coatings to protect against dust and water. Canon have even utilised heat resistant paint to keep the lens cooler when shooting in hot conditions. For those seeking smooth out of focus areas, the 9 blade aperture design, along with bright f/2.8 aperture will ensure consistently smooth bokeh. Last but not least, the common filter thread size of 77mm will appeal to those with existing filters or accessories.
RF 70-200mm f/2.8 Features in Detail
- Image size: Full Frame
- Angle of view: 29° - 10°
- Lens construction: 17/13
- No. of diaphragm blades: 9
- Minimum aperture: 32
- Closest focussing distance (m): 0.70
- Distance Information: YES
- Image stabiliser: 5 EV stops
- AF actuator: Dual Nano USM
- Dust/moisture resistance: YES
- Filter diameter (mm): 77mm
- Max. diameter x length (mm): 89.9 x 146
- Weight (g): 1070
RF 70-200mm f2.8L Lens Full Specifications
Telephoto Zoom Lens
f/2.8 - f/32
Lens Filter Size
Canon EOS R Mirrorless
89.9 x 146mm
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Canon Mirrorless Lenses|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 90|
|Length (mm): 146|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: Yes|
|Focal length: 70 - 200 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 200|
|Maximum magnification: 0.23|
|Maximum aperture (number): 2.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 70|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.7|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: Two glass-molded aspherical, one super UD, four UD (One of which is UD Aspherical)|
|Tripod collar: Yes|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: Yes|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Please note that, due to calculations, your monthly repayment may differ very slightly from what you were expecting. Please check your monthly repayment figure before proceeding
Missed or late payments will result in fees and additional interest on your loan and can also affect your credit file and your ability to obtain credit in the future.
Credit is subject to status, UK only, 18+
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Duologi.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
Canon are extremely keen to demonstrate their commitment to the EOS R mirrorless system and it shows with the release of the RF 70-200mm f/2.8 L lens. This is the third in the trinity line-up and is without doubt one of the most compact full-frame telephoto lenses on the market today. Well constructed with L-series quality, weather sealing and the addition of an incredibly useful control ring makes this a versatile and high quality offering.
Having a fast, constant aperture telephoto zoom, which only weighs around 1kg. will be on every EOS R users' horizon who likes to save weight without compromising on quality. With so many advanced features in such a compact size, we are certain that this lens will rightfully be enjoyed by many mirrorless system photographers.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.