Canon RF 10-20mm f/4 L IS STM Lens
The Canon RF 10-20mm f/4L IS STM is a portable ultra wide zoom, which captures superb image quality and features a constant aperture, 5-stop image stabilisation and STM autofocus for the first time on an L-series lens.
Order today to secure first available stock, we will only charge upon despatch. We will place you in our order list, fulfilled first-come, first-served when stock is received.
Earn 2579 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
Chat with a Canon product specialist about this productChat now
- Capture dramatic perspectives from a highly portable ultra wide zoom that features a rectilinear design to maintain straight lines
- High-quality optics render high resolution, with minimal chromatic aberration and crystal clear details, right into the corners
- Built-in IS provides up to 6-stops image stabilisation when combined with camera body IBIS for handheld shooting in low light
- New STM technology introduced for fast, near silent AF, which is available on an L-series lens for the first time
- L-series quality supports fieldwork with a weather sealed design, high quality optical coatings and customisable controls
Canon RF 10-20mm f/4 L IS STM Lens Summary
With an ultra wide angle zoom range, portable design and superb image quality, the Canon RF 10-20mm f/4 L IS STM Lens is designed primarily for landscape, architecture, interiors and filmmaking. It joins the range of Canon mirrorless lenses with premium L-series characteristics, which are combined with a lightweight design weighing 570g for excellent portability in the field.
Canon has developed this compact zoom to provide confident autofocus, delivered by a stepping motor, which is available for the first time on an L-series lens. STM technology is optimised for linear focusing, which is ideal for both photography and video recording, as it is able to deliver smooth AF in near silence.
Along with competent AF, the RF 10-20mm f/4L includes a peripheral control image stabiliser capable of reducing camera shake by 5-stops, which rises to 6-stops with an IBIS-equipped EOS R mirrorless camera. Many Canon bodies offer this capability, from high-end models like the R3 and R5, through mid-range hybrid cameras such as the R6 mark II, as well as the APS-C format R7 and beyond.
An advanced optical formula is responsible for rendering high image quality with razor sharp results, which is achieved by a combination of UD and Super UD glass. This is complemented by a rectilinear optical design to keep lines straight right across the frame, which is especially useful for architectural and interior photography.
Additionally the Canon RF 10-20mm f/4 L IS STM Lens benefits from full-time manual focusing for pinpoint accuracy, a rear gel filter holder, and a customisable control ring and custom button for efficient workflows.
Key Canon RF 10-20mm Lens Features
- Ultra wide zoom with a rectilinear design that maintains straight lines
- 5-stop image stabiliser, rising to 6-stops when combined with camera IBIS
- New STM autofocus for the first time in an L-series lens
- Razor sharp results from advanced optics
- Lens coatings minimise ghosting and flare
- Full-time manual focus override
- Constant f/4 aperture throughout the zoom range
- Dust and moisture resistant design
- Rear gel filter holder
- Customisable button and control ring
- Weighs just 570g
- Read more in our Canon RF 10-20mm lens review
Canon RF 10-20mm f/4 L IS STM Lens in More Detail
Ultra wide angle zoom lens for EOS R
With a zoom range of 10-20mm this is wider than the comparable RF 15-35mm F/2.8L IS USM and RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM Lens, enabling you to expand your view and get more into each frame. This can help you add dramatic perspectives to anything from epic scenery and sweeping vistas, to cityscapes, buildings, interiors and for movies.
Sample interior shot with the R5 and RF 10-20mm lens @14mm. Camera settings: 1/200 sec. f/4.5. ISO 3200
Canon is renowned for designing equipment which allows you to shoot handheld in low light and the RF 10-20mm lens continues this through 6-stops of combined image stabilisation, or 5-stops when shooting with a non-IBIS camera body.
The lightweight 570g design supports handholding too, with a compact size which is easy to walk with while recording video, or snap stills as you explore locations. In fact the RF 10-20mm f/4L IS STM Lens is 610g lighter and 2cm smaller that the equivalent EF 11-24mm F/4L USM DSLR lens, and includes IS, which is testament to the benefits of the RF mount.
Sample image beach boardwalk with the R5 and RF 10-20mm lens @20mm. Camera settings: 1/200 sec. f/. ISO 320
Rectilinear optics help to keep straight lines straight right across the frame when shooting subjects such as architecture and interiors. This will appeal to photographers who want to reduce editing time and maintain high image quality into the corners without cropping or losing resolution.
Canon has introduced their efficient STM (stepping motor) technology for the first time in a mirrorless L-series lens. The new STM design features a position sensor for faster start-up times, and delivers near-silent AF with high-speed accuracy for stills, and smooth transitions for video.
The STM addition is made possible by the optical design, which includes a lightweight focus group.
Sample image - Across the river with the R5 and RF 10-20mm lens @20mm. Camera settings: 1/200 sec. f/. ISO 250
Superb image quality
Subjects for which the RF 10-20mm lens is suited demand high image quality and more often than not are captured using high resolution camera sensors. To meet these demands Canon has utilised 3 glass moulded aspherical lens elements (GMo), as well as 3 UD (ultra low dispersion) and 1 Super UD glass.
This combination of special elements renders high resolution with sharp details from the centre to the edges, as well as reducing chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range. Colours are captured with vivid results showing minimal colour blurring or dispersion, while advanced lens coatings are used to minimise ghosting and flare, ensuring you come away with impeccable results in challenging lighting conditions.
Built for professional workflows
L-series lenses offer Canon’s highest build quality and the RF 10-20mm f/4 L IS STM is designed to withstand the elements, as well as offering customisation to enhance your shooting experience. A function button and control ring can be customised for instinctive operation, and to support fieldwork the lens benefits from dust and moisture sealing.
Sample sunstar with the R5 and RF 10-20mm lens @20mm. Camera settings: 1/200 sec. f/. ISO 200
What’s in the box
- Canon RF 10-20mm f/4 L IS STM Lens
- Lens Dust Cap RF
- Lens Cap 10-20
- Lens Case LP 1219
- User Manual
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Thanks to a combination of advanced features and high image performance the Canon RF 10-20mm f/4 L IS STM Lens is a well-rounded ultra wide angle zoom, which can be used for a variety of applications. It features a lightweight design, which is considerably smaller and more portable than its DSLR equivalent, despite the inclusion of powerful image stabilisation for photographers and filmmakers who shoot handheld.
Optical performance is extremely good due to the number of special glass elements, which are arranged to capture excellent results throughout the zoom range, and across the entire frame. This is important for the intended subject matter such as landscapes and architecture, where resolution and quality are critical, and the RF 10-20mm f/4 lens is able to deliver premium results with ease.
Canon has reinvented their stepping motor for the RF 10-20mm, which includes new STM technology that is faster and more agile than its predecessor. This benefits many stills situations, and is of particular interest for filmmaking, which warrants fast and silent AF during every scene.
Aside from these characteristics, the 10-20mm f/4 L IS STM offers a range of benefits to advanced creators, such as a rear gel filter holder, customisation for faster workflows and competent weather sealing. If you shoot suitable subject matter this could be the ultimate ultra wide angle zoom lens, which you’ve no doubt been waiting for patiently until today.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.