Tamron 20mm f/2.8 DI III OSD Lens - Sony FE fit
sleek and ultra-wide angle Tamron lens designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless camera s. The modestly bright maximum aperture used in this lens allows for a light weight profile that is perfect for everyday shooting while you are
- 11cm close focus distance for dramatic shots
- Versatile ultra-wide angle with close focus
- Excellent weather sealing
- Identical size and design for all three prime lenses
- Tamron 24mm f/2.8 Di III OSD M 1:2 Lens for Sony E
The 20mm f/2.8 is one of three new lenses announced by Tamron, designed exclusively for Sony full-frame mirrorless E-mount cameras. This 20mm prime Di III OSD M1:2 (with a model name of F050) provides a cost-effective, yet high quality entry into ultra-wide photography. The quality of Tamron’s lenses is extremely high these days, with accurate colour, detail and rendering, which is set to continue with this new offering.
The sophisticated optical formula created with cutting edge technologies boasts exceptionally high rendering performance with edge to edge sharpness. This is thanks to the addition of low dispersion and GM (aspherical) lens elements. At this width minor distortions may be expected, however in-camera correction will reduce these even further.
Employing a common 67mm filter thread allows similarly well priced accessories to be added to the lens. These will certainly include circular polarisers and ND filters, which will be appropriate for ultra-wide subjects such as landscapes and architecture. The addition of extreme close focusing capability at 2:1 magnification sets this lens apart from similarly wide models. A macro option opens new avenues of close-up photography for enthusiasts combined within just one lens, providing images with exaggerated and dramatic perspectives.
The unit is fully weather sealed including moisture resistance. This is ideal for outdoor photography, which is a large element of the intended purpose at this width. Furthermore the front element has a fluorine coating, helping to reduce marks or fingerprints and allows easier cleaning of the glass. Fast moving subjects will be no problem either, as the Tamron supports Sony’s acclaimed Fast Hybrid AF and Eye AF functions together with other features Sony are well known for.
Size and weight are always an important consideration for outdoor photography, especially when hiking or travelling. With a weight of just 221g. and 6.3cm length, this lens is ultra-compact and lightweight enough to bring anywhere and will compliment Sony bodies perfectly.
Autofocus is handled by an OSD or ‘optimised silent drive’. This provides whisper quiet operation with high accuracy as well as quick AF acquisition. Tracking is set to be handled impressively with Sony AF, and manual override is always available for video or user focus refinement.
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Sony Lenses E Mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
The new Tamron 20mm f/2.8 Di III OSD M 1:2 brings together macro and ultra-wide angle capabilities into one lens. With such a compact and lightweight form, it will be easily transportable and a perfect partner for Sony's mirrorless full-frame bodies. Optics are high quality with aspherical and low dispersion elements and the casing is weather sealed for shooting in virtually any weather.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.