Tamron 35mm f/2.8 DI III OSD Lens - Sony FE fit
The Tamron 35mm f/2.8 DI III lens is both sleek and light weigh making for the perfect option for street photography, portrait photography or all day shooting across a range of subjects.
- Super close focus capability
- High quality optical design
- Well integrated with Sony AF and eye AF functions
- camera -based lens unit firmware updates
Tamron 35mm f/2.8 DI III lens Summary
Tamron have announced three new close-focus prime lenses for Sony full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras. The 35mm f/2.8 Di III OSD M 1:2 is the widest of the trio and provides an extremely popular and versatile focal width. 35mm is loved by a host of photographers being excellent for a diverse range of subjects from architecture, reportage and portraits, to landscape or documentary. The other two accompanying models are the 20mm F/2.8 DI III OSD Lens and Tamron 24MM F/2.8 DI III all of which are extremely compelling options for Sony users.
Tamron are renowned for achieving the impossible, with cost-effective yet incredibly high quality lenses. The new 35mm f/2.8 (F053 model) is set to continue this tradition, building on their reputation with the addition of several high quality optical elements. The very latest technology has been utilised, with clever arrangement of low dispersion and aspherical glass elements. These reduce aberration and improve sharpness and contrast throughout the frame, right to the edges. Distortion at this width should be minimal, however clever programming means that in-camera lens correction will be harnessed, removing distortion as well as any remaining shading or chromatic aberration.
All three lenses have been designed with a common 67mm filter thread size, perfect for adding filters such as CPL's if required. The ability to focus at just 15cm with 2:1 magnification sets this lens apart from other comparable standard width models available. Images or video can now be composed at incredibly close range, opening up new avenues of composition and creativity for photographers.
The 35mm f/2.8 is also weather sealed including moisture resistance, which is ideal for outdoor subjects. Tamron have also coated the front element in fluorine helping to reduce unwanted marks and fingerprints as well as making the element easy to keep clean.
Integration with Sony mirrorless bodies is optimal and autofocus works seamlessly with Sony's Fast Hybrid AF and Eye AF functions. AF is handled by an an optimised silent drive, or OSD, which features near silent operation and high speed accuracy. This ensures photographers have the tools to get the shot they need in a variety of shooting situations.
Tamron have designed all three lenses to be as small and lightweight as possible. This 35mm prime is the lightest of the three, weighing a mere 210g. This makes for an ultra-compact and lightweight product, small enough to bring anywhere in virtually any weather conditions. See the full range of Tamron lenses here.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Sony Lenses E Mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: Sony FE|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
The Tamron 35mm f/2.8 Di III OSD M 1:2 provides an extremely versatile focal width prime lens, with the added benefit of macro capability. This width is perfect for a multitude of subjects, from street and reportage to portraits or documentary. The lens is extremely compact and lightweight, and features excellent weather sealing. A high speed and near silent autofocus along with clever integration with Sony functions make for a very compelling product for full-frame Sony photographers.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.