Tamron 24mm f/2.8 DI III OSD Lens - Sony FE fit
This wide focal angle Tamron 24MM F/2.8 DI III Lens is designed perfectly to fit any full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless camera delivering light weight and a fast F/2.8 maximum aperture.
- Extremely close focus ability for exaggerated perspectives
- Excellent optics with high quality elements
- Integration with advanced Sony AF functions
- Fast, near silent focus motor
The newly announced 24mm f/2.8 is one of three new prime lenses from Tamron. All three are designed exclusively for Sony E-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras. The 24mm prime Di III OSD M 1:2 provides a high quality yet cost-effective entry into wide angle photography. Tamron lenses are extremely high quality, with accurate colour, sharp details and high contrast, which is set to continue with this new F051 model.
The advanced optics are designed with cutting edge technology and boast exceptionally high rendering performance as well as edge to edge sharpness. Image quality is consistently high due to the addition of low dispersion elements as well as aspherical GM elements. Distortion is also minimal, and in-camera correction reduces this even further.
All three lenses are designed with a common 67mm filter thread, which allows similarly well-priced filters to be added as required. These may include circular polarisers and neutral density filters for example. The option to focus as close as 12cm at 2:1 magnification sets this lens apart from other wide angle models. Images and movies can now be composed at extremely close range, with more exaggerated and dramatic perspectives.
The 24mm f/2.8 is weather sealed with moisture resistance, ideal for outdoor photographers. The front lens element also has a fluorine coating to reduce unwanted grease, marks or fingerprints.
Compatibility with Sony bodies is second to none and moving subjects will be trackable with Sony’s Fast Hybrid AF and Eye AF functions. AF operations are handled by an an optimised silent drive, or OSD. This features near silent operation with high speed accuracy.
Tamron have designed all three lenses to be as small and lightweight as possible. The 24mm prime is short at 6.3cm and weighs in at just 215g. making an ultra-compact and lightweight model, small enough to bring anywhere. This compliments Sony full-frame compact mirrorless bodies perfectly, providing a well balanced pairing.
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Sony Lenses E Mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
The new Tamron 24mm f/2.8 Di III OSD M 1:2 combines macro and wide angle capabilities into one lens. This width is perfect for a host of subjects, from architecture and landscape to portraits and interiors. With a compact size and lightweight construction we might not have expected such a high quality finish including weather sealing, but Tamron are not holding back with this new trio of primes. High speed autofocus and integration with Sony AF functions make for a very compelling product for a range of photographers.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.