Panasonic Lumix S 35mm f/1.8 Lens for L Mount
The Panasonic Lumix S 35mm f/1.8 for L Mount full frame cameras is a standard width prime lens with high quality optics, fast and quiet AF and features designed specifically for video content creators.
- Compact and lightweight prime lens with classic focal width ideal for a variety of subjects and styles
- Advanced optical design with several special lens elements to render high resolution with lots of contrast and detail
- Customisable lens for videographers with linear and non linear settings and ring torque adjustment
- Shared characteristics with other Lumix L mount lenses for shared attributes ideal for quick lens changes
- Beautifully smooth bokeh and soft out of focus areas from a 9-blade rounded aperture opening
Panasonic Lumix S 35mm f/1.8 Lens for L Mount Summary
Joining three other full frame lenses with similar characteristics is the Panasonic Lumix S 35mm f/1.8 Lens for L Mount cameras. This standard focal width lens offers users a compact, 295g lightweight prime which is well suited to a variety of subjects from portraits and landscapes to street photography, travel and general day to day shooting. The Lumix S 35mm is of course aimed at content creators to which end it brings several features aimed squarely at videographers. These include a smooth silent AF mechanism, linear and non linear settings with the variable focus ring, which also has adjustable sensitivity from 90 to 360 degrees to suit the user’s preferences. Focus breathing is also well controlled for video refocusing and results from this lens are pin sharp, with its high resolution photos and smooth video capabilities.
- One of four large aperture Lumix prime lenses with similar characteristics
- High quality optics for beautiful results
- Smooth, silent AF operation
- Variable focus ring control using linear / non linear settings
- Adjustable focus ring rotation between 90º-360º
- Rugged dust and splash-resistant design for work during harsh conditions
- Video oriented micro-step aperture control and suppressed focus breathing
- 9-blade circular aperture diaphragm
- Minimum focusing distance of 0.24m
- Low 295g weight and compact size with 67mm filter thread
Panasonic Lumix S 35mm f/1.8 Lens for L Mount in More Detail
The Lumix S 35mm f/1.8 Lens is primarily designed to afford the user with similar characteristics between this and a number of other Lumix L mount lenses. These are the Lumix S 24mm, Lumix S 85mm and Lumix S 50mm lens. These all share similar sizes, weights, wide f/1.8 apertures and other characteristics to allow the user for quick changes between them. Changes which become more streamlined include gimbal load balancing, lens filter changes and more.
A high quality optical formula has been included by Panasonic in the Lumix S 35mm lens, with a lens elements in 9 groups, including three aspherical lenses and three ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) lenses. These inclusion of special aspherical lens elements helps to combat aberrations, increases resolution and enhances the smooth rounded bokeh rendered by the circular diaphragm.
The design of this lightweight prime lens lets you to mount it even on the most compact S5 camera and feel excellent balance with great handling. a compact 67mm filter thread caters for cost effective filters to be used including VND’s for video, and the lens is competently dust and moisture sealed for outdoor shooting in harsher conditions, down to -10ºC.
This lens qualifies for the LUMIX PRO program, aimed at supporting working professionals.
Panasonic Lumix S 35mm f/1.8 Lens for L Mount sample photos mounted on Panasonic Lumix S5 camera body.
1/125sec. f/5.6. ISO 320
1/800sec. f/2.2. ISO 320
1/160sec. f/4.5. ISO 2500
What’s in the box
- Panasonic Lumix S 35mm f/1.8 Lens for L Mount cameras
- Lens cap
- Lens rear cap
- Lens hood
- Hoya 67mm Ultra Pro Circular Polariser – great CPL for outdoor work to reduce glare and reflections as well as enhance blue skies
- Tiffen Variable ND 67mm – 2 to 8 stops of light control with a thin profile ideal for video in daylight
Panasonic Lumix S 35mm f/1.8 Lens for L Mount Specifications
|Lens Construction||11 elements in 9 groups (3 aspherical lenses, 3 ED lenses)|
|Optical Image Stabilizer||No|
|Aperture Type||9 diaphragm blades / Circular aperture diaphragm|
|Closest Focusing Distance||0.24m/0.79ft|
|Diagonal Angle of View||63°|
|Dust and Splash Resistant||Yes*|
|Recommended Operating Temperature||-10℃ to 40℃ (14℉ to 104℉)|
|Max. Diameter||φ73.6mm / 2.90inch|
|Overall Length||Approx. 82.0mm / 3.23inch (from the tip of the lens to the base side of the lens mount)|
|Weight||Approx. 295g / 0.65lb (excluding lens cap, lens rear cap and lens hood)|
|Standard Accessories||Lens cap, Lens rear cap, Lens hood|
The L mount lens line-up continues to grow with additions like this Lumix S 35mm f/1.8. This model has been designed to complement any full frame L mount camera, as a wide aperture, lightweight prime with extremely desirable slightly wide focal width. 35mm is perfect for any number of situations and favoured by many as a walk around lens for all day shooting. Results are excellent from the optical formula, which includes several special lens elements with no less than three aspherical lenses. These all combine to render extremely high levels of sharp detail with well controlled contrast, distortion and aberrations, while remaining lightweight and compact.
Anyone who shoots in low light will enjoy the bright f/1.8 aperture, as will those working with a shallow depth of field for their subjects. Bokeh is pleasingly smooth and well rounded from a 9-blade rounded aperture, which means you’ll get excellent subject separation with great highlight effects under the right conditions. The AF system is also a pleasure to use providing smooth, quiet focus operation.
Customisation on the lens is perfect for videographers in particular, with various settings available to adjust such as the focus ring, torque and more. If you enjoy shooting video you’ll probably have been waiting for this 35mm lens to accompany others in the range which are available from Panasonic, all sporting similar characteristics. If you mainly shoot photos this lens provides just as much reward with similarly excellent results and you’ll also be able to save on filter costs and other accessories. Weather sealing is just another feather in this lens’ cap making it a great choice for anyone creating content and enjoys a prime lens falling into this slightly wide angle focal width.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.