OM System OM-5 Camera Silver with 12-45mm f/4 Pro Lens Kit
The OM System OM-5 in Silver with 12-45mm f/4 Pro Lens is the perfect kit packed with features to tell your story from any adventure, with an ultra compact body and lens designed with IP53 class weather sealing.
- Super lightweight micro four thirds camera and lens kit, which are light enough to bring on all your adventures
- Capture high quality 20.4 megapixel images, smooth 4K videos and live-stream from a computer to tell your story
- Versatile lens for content creators who love to capture videos, landscapes, portraits, street photography and more
- Effective 5-axis stabilisation for 6.5 stops, rising to 7.5-stops with compatible M.Zuiko MFT lenses
- Camera features comprehensive weather sealing with IP53 protection class for resistance against the elements
OM System OM-5 Camera Silver with 12-45mm f/4 Pro Lens Kit Summary
The latest generation hybrid MFT body is paired with a versatile lens in this kit, which is crammed with features for content creators who love telling their story from adventures in the great outdoors. The OM System OM-5 Camera Silver with 12-45mm f/4 Pro Lens Kit provides an equivalent full-frame focal range of 24-90mm, and the M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-45mm f/4 PRO Lens is ideal for capturing a variety of subjects, whether you’re vlogging or recording videos, shooting landscapes, astro, portraits, city or street photography. The compact zoom is one of the world’s lightest of this class, weighing just 254g and offers ultra-fast autofocus so you never miss a shot, especially when combined with the OM-5 silver on-sensor phase detection AF.
The 20.4MP camera in this kit has been refined by OM System to provide content creators with a versatile MFT camera and lens to create all sorts of content, such as 4K 30p video, 120fps Full HD slow motion and handheld 50 megapixel high-res shots. Astro photographers gain Starry Sky AF, there’s vertical video for social media and class-leading 5-axis body stabilisation with 6.5-stops rising to 7.5-stops compensation, when combined with compatible MFT lenses. Both the camera body and 12-45mm Pro lens are weather sealed to keep out dust, moisture and prevent freezing when you’re shooting in the great outdoors.
Key OM-5 (silver) camera features
- 20.4MP Live MOS micro four thirds sensor paired with TruePic IX processor
- 5-axis body
- IP53 dust, moisture and freeze rating for any adventure
- Up to 30fps high speed shooting using ProCapture
- Improved Face / Eye detection AF
- Handheld high-res 50 megapixel images and 80MP tripod mounted image mode
- Starry Sky AF for better focusing at night
- Live compos
- No recording limit 4K 30p video and vertical video mode for social
- Full HD 120fps for slow motion effects
- OM-Log pro
- Use as a web cam via USB connection to a computer
- Key Digital ED 12-45mm lens features
- 24-90mm full-frame equivalent focal width
- Advanced optical design with excelle
- 7 circular aperture blades
- Min. focus distance: 0.12m (wide) / 0.23m (tele)
- Lightweight 254g
- Filter size: 58mm
- IPX1 weather sealing dust-proof, splash-pr
OM System OM-5 Camera Silver with 12-45mm f/4 Pro Lens Kit in More Detail
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-45mm f/4 PRO Lens in More Detail
The M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-45mm f/4 PRO is ideal for creators on-the-go as it’s one of the world’s lightest standard zoom lenses. It features a high quality optical construction made up from 12 elements arranged in 9 groups which includes 2x HR, 2 ED, 1x DSA, 1x Super-HR and 2x aspherical elements. This elaborate arrangement delivers consistently sharp results across the entire zoom range along with excellent macro performance.
The lens includes a ZERO coating, which reduces aberrations, flares and loss of light at the edges resulting in brightness and clarity across the entire frame. With a maximum 0.25x magnification and a closest focusing distance of 12cm (wide angle) or 23mm (tele), you can enjoy a host of close-up macro creative opportunities, furthering the versatility of this compact zoom lens.
An extensive range of highly capable M.Zuiko MFT lenses are available to add to the kit lens when you want to capture new subjects and harness wide aperture lenses, telephoto zooms and dedicated ultra wide angle options.
Compact, lightweight MFT body with 5-axis Image Stabilisation
The OM SYSTEM OM-5 (silver) packs 5-axis Image Stabilisation (IS) into a compact body that measures 125.3 x 85.2 x 49.7 mm and weighs just 366g (body only). IBIS delivers up to 6.5 stops of image stabilisation, which extends to 7.5 stops when combined with a compatible lens, thanks to 5-axis sync IS.
This powerful image stabilisation lets you shoot at slower shutter speeds, which is particularly beneficial where a tripod cannot be used and when travelling. Thanks to the renowned 20.37 million effective pixel Live MOS sensor and the high-performance TruePic IX image processing engine, the OM-5 delivers natural gradations in images with lower noise and high image quality, even at high ISO settings.
The OM-5 is also equipped with a 121-point all cross-type On-chip Phase Detection AF sensor, in order to be able to focus at various locations across the frame. This provides greater freedom for framing your shots and high-precision focusing. Starry Sky AF delivers accurate auto focusing to make it easier to capture astrophotography, which was previously difficult to achieve.
IP53 weather sealing
The OM-5 shares IP53 protection class dust-proof and splash-proof performance and freeze-proof protection to -10°C, for the same high level of weather resistance as the flagship OM-1. This allows you to focus on photo opportunities, even during punishing conditions without worrying about ruining equipment due to rain showers, snow or water droplets.
The camera is also equipped with Supersonic Wave Filter (SSWF), which significantly reduces issues with dust and dirt on the image sensor when changing lenses, perfect for those who need to change lenses outdoors. The compact BLS-50 battery and bundled USB-AC adapter can be used to charge the battery while it’s still in the camera.
Computational photography features helps to more easily capture photos that typically require specialist equipment or advanced image editing software. The OM SYSTEM OM-5 is packed with convenient, versatile computational photography features that provide inspiration for creative shooting, including High Res Shot and Live ND.
This model supports Handheld High-Res Shot, which merges multiple images to create approximately 50 Megapixel high-resolution stills. With this feature you can enjoy handheld shooting from nearly any angle, while still being able to capture high-resolution images. Merging multiple images not only improves resolution, but also minimises noise for cleaner results. The popular Tripod High-Res Shot is also included on this model, which increases image resolution to around 80 megapixels for large sized printing and high levels of detail, while mounted on a tripod.
Never miss a moment with Pro Capture, which begins recording once the shutter button is pressed halfway and records previous frames from the moment the shutter button is pressed fully. Pro Capture delivers high-speed sequential shooting up to 30 fps (AF/AE locked), up to 14 previous frames can be captured.
Focus Stacking captures eight shots at different focal positions in the frame and automatically generates a single image. This enables you to incorporate background defocusing effects without excessively stopping down the aperture to control depth of field that matches the subject. This feature is useful for macro shooting and landscapes.
Achieve slow shutter speed effects up to ND16 (4 stops), similar to using an ND filter. This feature delivers long exposure effects even on ultra-wide-angle lenses, which cannot usually accommodate an ND filter without special mounting brackets. The effects can be viewed before capturing the image, using the viewfinder or on the LCD when LV Simulation is activated.
With the Live Composite feature, users can easily capture beautiful shots while watching the image build on the Live View screen. This works even in situations where exposure is difficult to achieve, such as when shooting a city against a starry sky at night.
Get straight verticals similar to shooting with a shift lens while viewing the effects in the Live View screen, while using vertical/horizontal simultaneous trapezoidal compensation and perspective enhancement. This is a great features for capturing buildings or other subjects while tilting the camera, which normally causes ‘lean’ in vertical lines.
Other useful content features include:
- Live Bulb
- Interval Shooting/Time Lapse Movie
- Focus Bracketing
- Colour Creator
- Art Filter
- Fisheye Compensation
High-quality handheld 4K video and vertical video recording
Powerful 5-axis image stabilisation is compatible with video recording in the OM-5. When combined with dedicated video electronic stabilisation, it enables you to capture stable, hand-held 4K movies with no recording time limit. The camera utilises On-chip Phase Detection AF sensor for video focusing control, which delivers smooth focusing. OM-Log is LSO supported for a greater level of freedom when colour grading, to capture highlights and shadows without overexposing or underexposing shots.
Vertical video is recorded in vertical orientation on the camera and saved as vertical files, making it far easier to post on social media without special editing software. Users can also connect the high-res LS-P5 linear PCM recorder to capture high-quality audio and the Slate Tone feature is available for easy audio data synchronisation while editing your movies.
- Supports UVC (USB Video Class)
- Equipped wi
- Equipped with exposure equalisation processing for coping with sudden changes in exposure between frames during in
Wide range of system accessories
Extend your creative opportunities with a wide range of camera accessories to crate even better hybrid content, whether you’re new to MFT cameras or have existing compatible accessories. To complement this body, choose from:
- ECG-5 Handgrip
- RM-WR1 Wireless Remote Control
- RM-CB2 Remote Cable
- LS-P5 Microphone
- SM2 Shock
- BLS-50 Battery
Read more about the body and lens kits in our OM System OM-5 Camera Review.
What’s in the box
- OM System OM-5 MFT Digital Camera Body Silver
- F-5AC USB-AC adapter
- BLS-50 Li-ion battery
- Shoulder strap
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-45mm f/4 PRO Zoom Lens
- Petal-shaped hood
|Offers: Free Gift
|Offer Category: N/A
|Offer Product Type: N/A
|Model: OM System OM-5
|AE Bracketing: N/A
|Autofocus Modes: N/A
|Articulated Screen: N/A
|Aperture priority: Yes
|Built-in flash: N/A
|Battery Life (CIPA): 310
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A
|Continuous drive (fps): 30
|Custom white balance: Yes
|Digital zoom: N/A
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 20
|Environmental Sealing: N/A
|Exposure compensation: N/A
|External flash: Yes
|Flash range (metres): N/A
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A
|Focal length multiplier: 2
|Flash modes: N/A
|HDMI Port: N/A
|Headphone port: N/A
|Height (mm): 85
|Length (mm): N/A
|Width (mm): 125
|Weight (g): N/A
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 414
|Image ratio w:h: N/A
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A
|ISO: Auto, 200 - 25600, expands to 64 - 25600
|JPEG quality levels: Superfine, fine, standard, basic
|Live view: Yes
|Camera Lens mount: N/A
|Manual exposure mode: Yes
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A
|Maximum ISO: 25600
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A
|Max resolution: N/A
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A
|Maximum aperture: N/A
|Manual focus: Yes
|Microphone port: Yes
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A
|Minimum ISO: 200
|Minimum ISO (boosted): 64
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A
|Metering modes: N/A
|Number of focus points: 121
|Number of white balance presets: 7
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A
|Orientation sensor: Yes
|Other resolutions: N/A
|Processor: TruePix IX
|Remote control: N/A
|Screen dots: 1040000
|Screen size: N/A
|Screen type: N/A
|Shutter priority: Yes
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 22
|Sensor size: N/A
|Sensor type: N/A
|Storage types: N/A
|Subject / scene modes: N/A
|Timelapse recording: Yes
|Camera Type: N/A
|Uncompressed format: N/A
|Camera USB: N/A
|USB charging: Yes
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A
|Viewfinder resolution: 2360000
|Viewfinder type: N/A
|Video formats: N/A
|Video Mode Categories: N/A
|Video Modes: N/A
|WB Bracketing: Yes
Whether you’re newer to content creation or a seasoned enthusiast, the OM System OM-5 camera in silver, with tried-and-tested 12-45mm f/4 Pro Lens is a versatile and effective kit. The zoom lens offers a 24-90mm (full-frame equivalent) focal range, which ideal for a variety of subjects, while remaining extremely lightweight to handhold and capture 20.4 megapixel images and 4K video.
The micro four thirds camera features improved Face and Eye detection AF, which is quicker and more accurate thanks to the Live MOS sensor and TruePic IX processor. The body is weather sealed to IP53 class, perfect for outdoor adventures whatever the conditions. You’ll also benefit from class-leading body stabilisation, which works independently for 6.5-stops and up to 7.5-stops when combined with M.Zuiko Digital lenses equipped with image stabilisation. This upgrade delivers 15% improved stabilisation over the previous generation camera, resulting in sharper images and video, even during extremely low light conditions.
The OM-5 will record high speed 120fps Full HD for slow motion playback, vertical mode videos and capture fast 30fps image bursts with ProCapture. A variety of other features help content creators capture dynamic content to engage their audience, including the ability to live-stream with the camera when connected to a computer. Other notable features include a handheld 50 megapixel high-res mode, rising to 80MP when using a tripod, Starry Sky AF, time-lapse and many more features designed to help tell your unique story.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.
Peace of mind with our 6 month warranty
This product has been thoroughly tested by our team of photographers and we are happy to give a 6 month warranty as a result. The number of tests depends on the individual product but we are confident in this product having tested all the major functions. Anything that isn’t as you would expect, we then make a note of and show this in the condition notes on the page.
So you can be confident you are buying a great piece of kit that’s been looked after by a fellow photographer and seen many extraordinary sights, tested by our team of photographers and now looking forward to being set free to capture more great images!