Nikon Z DX 50-250mm f/4.5-6.3 VR Telephoto Lens
The Nikon Z DX 50-250mm VR lens has been designed exclusively for the new DX-format mirrorless cameras and features vibration reduction, a silent control ring for video and beautiful quality images.
- Extremely compact and lightweight telephoto zoom lens ideal for travel as an all-in-one
- Built-in lens vibration reduction reduces risk of camera shake with more sharp images and video
- Fast, silent AF voice coil motors capture and track subjects using Nikon’s latest Eye and Animal detect
- Focus as close as 50cm for interesting creative options and dynamic compositions
- Retractable design maintains compact form with low cost 62mm filter options
Nikon Nikkor Z DX 50-250mm f/4.56.3 VR Telephoto Lens Summary
To coincide with the launch of the Z 50 mirrorless camera, Nikon has released this versatile Nikkor Z DX 50–250mm f/4.5–6.3 VR lens. It is a high quality compact mirrorless telephoto zoom lens that provides fast-focusing with short tele to telephoto 50-250mm focal length (100-375mm in full frame FX format). This Z DX 50-250mm delivers stunning images with a highlight being its minimum focus distance of just 0.5m. This enables users to focus incredibly sharply on subjects that are close for tele-macro style work. Subjects as diverse as landscapes, portraits and travel as well as video are well suited to a lens of this type.
- Fast, silent AF ideal for discreet photography and videography
- High quality optics with 16 elements in 12groups (including 1 ED element)
- Internal focusing system with retractable design
- Vibration reduction using voice coil motors for 5 stops advantage
- Compact 62mm filter thread
- Extremely compact size and low 405 g weight
In-lens vibration reduction allows you to shoot at shutter speeds up to 5 stops slower than otherwise possible, while the silent control ring lets you change core functions including manual focus, exposure compensation and aperture control.
The Z DX is such an accomplished performer it can also be purchased as one of two lenses in the latest Z fc With Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 And Z DX 50-250 f/4.5-6.3 Kit. Browse our complete line-up of Nikon mirrorless lenses which include a number of DX format crop sensor models to build your collection.
What’s in the box
- Nikon Nikkor Z DX 50-250mm f/4.56.3 VR lens
- LC-62B 62mm Snap-on Front Lens Cap
- LF-N1 Rear Lens Cap
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Nikon Z Mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
The Z DX 50-250mm f/4.56.3 VR Telephoto Lens makes an excellent partner to any of the award winning DX mirrorless Z cameras in Nikon’s current range. The focal range is versatile enough top capture a wide range of subjects, whilst the silent and quick AF works confidently with Nikon’s latest AF algorithms. These include Eye and Animal detection, tracking and video AF tracking.
For those shooting in lower light the lens includes 5 stops of vibration reduction to assist with sharper results for both stills and movies.
A high quality set of glass elements ensure sharp results across the range and frame edges, resolving details well from any current DX sensor. With a compact form and lightweight package, this is sure to make the list for many Nikon mirrorless users, including those who opt for the newer heritage design retro Z fc camera. A silent control ring adds to the list of benefits allowing users to change various camera settings without taking their eye of their subject.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.