Nikon Z fc With Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 And Z DX 50-250 f/4.5-6.3 Kit
Cover all your bases with this two lens kit combining the retro chic Nikon Z fc crop sensor mirrorless camera with the Z DX 16-50mm and Z DX 50-250 lenses for 4K movies, 20.9MP images and much more.
- A two lens zoom kit with every focal length covered for all types of photography and video capture
- Beautiful retro styling with the Z fc body and matching Nikkor Z DX 16-50mm Silver Edition lens
- Fine rendering of details from high resolving lenses and 20.9MP DX format camera
- New vari-angle screen perfect for selfie-style movies and stills aimed at vloggers and content creators
- A range of in-camera and lens based vibration reduction along with excellent low light camera capabilities
Nikon Z fc Camera With Z DX 16-50mm And Z DX 50-250 Lens Kit Summary
Whether you’re new to the Z system or just want to hit the ground running, this two lens kit combines the latest Nikon Z fc Camera with the Z DX 16-50mm and Z DX 50-250 lenses. The camera and lenses are DX designs, providing compact and lightweight useability to content creators of all styles. The Z fc camera captures full sensor 4K video in H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, along with 20.9MP stills and even 120fps high speed FHD for slow motion playback. A vari-angle LCD touchscreen will automatically detect selfie-style videos or photos providing an easy option for vloggers, whilst in-camera vibration reduction serves to reduce shake in any lighting situations.
Features at a glance
- Versatile mirrorless camera kit which includes two lenses
- Retro design inspired by the iconic Nikon FM2 film camera
- 4K video up to 30fps / FHD up to 120fps
- Shutter speed, exposure compensation and ISO dials
- First Z camera with vari-angle LCD touchscreen
- Supports Eye-Detection AF and Animal-Detection AF for stills and video
- ISO 100 to 51200 from the 20.9 megapixel DX Sensor
- In-camera and lens vibration reduction
- 20 unique Creative Picture Control options
- Exposure compensation works in AUTO mode
- Power charge to charge while shooting
Nikon Z fc, Z DX 16-50mm And Z DX 50-250 in More Detail
Nikkor Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Silver Edition Lens
The Nikkor Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Silver Edition is a standard width zoom based on the NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR. The lens has been designed with a silver exterior to match the heritage camera body and is extremely compact and lightweight for the range, measuring just 32mm and weighing 135g. Despite its size the Z DX 16-50mm renders high resolution throughout the zoom range, perfect for everyday shooting, landscapes and portraits.
The optical formula includes 9 elements in 7 groups with resolving power assigned to 1 ED element and 4 aspherical elements. A close focus distance of 0.2m enables extremely close focus for an array of compositional options, whilst the lens based vibration reduction helps with 4.5 stops of compensation.
Nikkor Z DX 50-250mm VR lens
This lens was designed exclusively for crop sensor Nikon mirrorless cameras and provides a versatile zoom range in FX format of 75-375mm. This telephoto range is well suited to distant subjects including landscapes, sports and wildlife. A minimum focus distance of 0.5m allows further creativity with tele-macro style shots. The lens also features vibration reduction of up to 5 stops enabling low light photography and video recording.
Nikon Z fc with legendary styling
The Nikon Z fc features a pentaprism design with black and silver design elements reflect the legendary FM2. The EVF has a circular eyepiece and the dial designs and inscribed Nikon logo are reminiscent of the 1970-80s. Nikon has used a high quality magnesium alloy chassis to ensure the camera is durable for todays adventures.
Creative expression meets function
The top of the Z fc’s body features three control dials and a small window to display current aperture. These dials provide instant control over shutter speed, exposure compensation and ISO sensitivity. Along with these Nikon has added a customisable i-button and i-menu, which allow users to quickly adjust settings with the press of a button.
Exposure compensation is supported when shooting in AUTO mode on the Z fc. This handy new feature provides options to increase brightness and enhance silhouettes, for easier creative expression.
The camera also features 20 Creative Picture Control options that deliver unique styling for your images straight out of camera. These can even be refined with hue, tone and saturation to adjust effects to any taste.
Nikon’s latest AF technology
Eye-Detection AF and Animal-Detection AF has been integrated into this retro style camera, which is supported for both stills and video. This tracks subjects across wide-area AF (L) and AF-area mode is supported, ensuring sharp eyes and faces are captured throughout the scene.
Wide native ISO range
The Z fc comes with a native ISO 100-51200 ensuring content creators working across any genre will be able to shoot in all lighting conditions.
A vari-angle monitor has been included for the first time on any Nikon mirrorless camera.This allows flexible framing from low or high angles and when the monitor is rotated to the front, the camera automatically switches to self-portrait mode. This makes shooting selfies effortless, providing full camera control and composition with touch operation.
SnapBridge Ver. 2.8 Improved connectivity
The SnapBridge app can be used to transfer photos and videos to a smart device, making it easy for users to share them on social media.
Snapbridge 2.8 sports a new user interface with two automatic connection modes: foreground mode and background mode. The foreground mode connects with the camera only when the app is activated, reducing camera battery consumption. The background mode features a constant connection, transferring images automatically even when the app is not activated.
Read more about this latest camera in our blog review of the Nikon Z fc camera here, which features our video review and more image samples.
Additional camera features
- The EVF employs an organic EL panel for a more natural view
- 4K UHD using the full DX sensor movie area without crop
- Supports Full-time AF dedicated for video recording
- Slow-motion video shooting is made easy by simply selecting an image size and frame rate
- Supports Webcam Utility
- Supports USB power delivery and USB charging
Nikon Z fc Camera Specifications
|Image sensor||23.5 × 15.7 mm CMOS sensor (Nikon DX format), Optical low-pass filter|
|Effective pixels||20.88 million|
|Lens mount||Z mount|
|Viewfinder||Electronic viewfinder, 0.39-in. XGA OLED, approx. 2360-dot. Frame coverage: approx. 100％ in all directions (on actual screen), magnification: approx. 1.02× (when using 50mm lens, at infinity, -1.0 m-1)|
|Shutter||Electronically controlled vertical-travel focal-plane mechanical shutter; electronic front-curtain shutter, electronic shutter|
|Shutter speed||With shutter speed dial: 1/4000 to 4 seconds (1 step), Bulb, Time, X (Flash sync) With main command dial: 1/4000 to 30 seconds (1/3 step, extendable up to 900 s during M mode), Bulb, Time, X (Flash sync) X=1/200 seconds, synchronizes with shutter at 1/200 seconds or slower, auto FP high-speed sync supported|
|Continuous shooting speed||High-speed continuous shooting: 5.0 fps (with AF, live view between frames available), High-speed continuous shooting (extended): 11 fps (with AF/AE, JPEG or 12 bit RAW image quality, when using a mechanical shutter)|
|ISO sensitivity||Still images: ISO 100 to 51200, Hi 1 (ISO 102400 equivalent), Hi 2 (ISO 204800 equivalent), Videos: ISO 100 to 25600|
|Autofocus||Hybrid AF (focal-plane phase-detection AF/contrast-detect AF), AF detection range: -4.5 EV (in still shooting, AF-S, ISO 100, f/1.8 lens, 20°C/68°F, low-light AF), number of focus points in still shooting: 209 (DX image area, single-point AF), Eye-Detection AF for human and animals (in still shooting and movie recording, auto-area AF, AF-A), focus peaking display in manual focus|
|Metering method||Matrix metering, center-weighted metering, spot metering, highlight-weighted metering, flicker reduction in still shooting|
|Vibration reduction||In-camera vibration reduction|
|Image-processing engine||EXPEED 6, Creative Picture Control supported|
|Recording formats||SD memory card (UHS-I support) Image format: RAW12-bit/14-bit, JPEG, simultaneous recording of both RAW and JPEG available|
|Video||Video compressions format: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, file format: MOV or MP4, electronic vibration reduction available, video log (N-Log) output not supported|
|Video recording pixels/frame rate||3840×2160 (4K UHD): 30p/25p/24p, 1920×1080: 120p/100p/60p/50p/30p/25p/24p, 1920×1080 slow-motion: 30p (4×)/25p (4×)/24p (5×)|
|Audio||Built-in stereo microphone, use of external microphone is available, recording format: Linear PCM (MOV) or AAC (MP4)|
|LCD monitor||3.0-in. (3:2), approx. 1040-dot, touch-operational panel, vari-angle monitor (self-portrait supported)|
|Top display panel||Yes (only for aperture display)|
|Battery||EN-EL25, USB charging available with EH-7P AC adapter (optional)|
|Interface||USB cable (Type C: SuperSpeed USB), HDMI micro connector (Type D), plug-in power microphone support, stereo mini-jack (Φ3.5 mm), Accessory Shoe|
|Communication||SnapBridge Ver.2.8 support, In-body Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, WT-7 not supported|
|Dimensions (W × H x D)||Approx. 134.5×93.5×43.5 mm/5.3×3.8×1.8 in.|
|Weight||Approx. 445 g/15.7 oz. (with battery and SD memory card but without body cap), Approx. 390 g/ 13.8 oz. (body only)|
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|AE Bracketing: 5 stops|
|Autofocus Modes: Face Detection|
|Articulated Screen: Fully articulated|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Battery: Battery Pack|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 300|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 11|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 21|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: 5 stops|
|External flash: Yes|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: 1.5|
|Flash modes: slow sync|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): 94|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): 135|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 445|
|Image ratio w:h: 01:01|
|Camera Image stabilization: No|
|ISO: Auto, 100 - 51200 (expands to 100 - 204800)|
|JPEG quality levels: Fine, standard, basic|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: NIkon Z|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 51200|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): 204800|
|Max resolution: 5568 x 3712|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): 1/4000|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: Yes|
|Microphone port: Yes|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: 100|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): 100|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): 30|
|Metering modes: Spot|
|Number of focus points: 209|
|Number of white balance presets: 8|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Processor: Expeed 6|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: 1040000|
|Screen size: 3"|
|Screen type: LCD|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 22|
|Sensor size: APS-C|
|Sensor type: CMOS|
|Storage types: SD|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: Yes|
|Camera Type: Mirrorless|
|Uncompressed format: RAW|
|Camera USB: USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5 GBit/sec)|
|USB charging: Yes|
|Viewfinder coverage: 100%|
|Viewfinder magnification: 1.02|
|Viewfinder resolution: 2360000|
|Viewfinder type: Electronic|
|Video formats: MPEG-4|
|Video Mode Categories: 4K UHD|
|Video Modes: 1920 x 1080 @ 60p, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM|
|WB Bracketing: Yes|
There’s a lot to like about the first retro style Z fc heritage design mirrorless camera from Nikon. It’s not just classic looks with dials and buttons, but a highly capable camera aimed at content creators of all types. The camera captures beautiful video in 4K/30p and high speed 120fps FHD as well as detailed 20.9 megapixel images. One of the advantages of a crop sensor body (DX format) is the ability to reduce size and weight, which Nikon has done admirably with a body weighing just 445g with battery and SD card. Lens designs also remain compact in DX format and both the included Z DX 16-50mm VR Silver Edition and Z DX 50-250mm VR are extremely compact for their ranges.
These lenses provide versatile ranges covering the majority of subjects including tele-macro, allowing users to simply get on and enjoy making content without extra weight and bulk. The 24-75mm equivalent lens (16-50mm) gives ample opportunity for vlogging and selfie-photos, particularly as Nikon’s first vari-angle screen has been added to the Z fc. The Z system is easy to use for newcomers or existing users and you can download the free SnapBridge app to share your work instantly to social media channels.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.