Nikon Z DX 16-50mm f/3.56.3 VR Wide Angle Lens
The new Nikon Z DX 16-50mm VR zoom lens is the second in the completely new DX-format mirrorless stable, providing vibration reduction, close focus and silent control ring for movie recording.
- Superb walk-around lens with versatile focal range for a wealth of opportunities
- Excellent option for photos and movies with useful workhorse zoom range
- Capable of capturing stunning 4K movies and sharp images
- Stable footage and more sharp images thanks to a 4.5 stop vibration control system
- Quick and easy to use retractable-lens mechanism ready in a heartbeat
Nikon Nikkor Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Lens Summary
As Nikon extend their DX crop sensor camera offerings they are releasing a number of compatible crop format lenses inlacing this portable mirrorless Nikkor Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR zoom lens. It has been designed to provide a 24-75mm equivalent focal range (in FX format) providing exceptional versatility for subjects as diverse as landscapes, portraits, video and many others.
Results are sharp and clear through the zoom range, with sharp details resolving thanks to Nikon’s use of 9 elements arranged in 7 groups which include special optics of 1 ED element and 4 aspherical elements. At the wide end minimum focus distance is just 0.20 m enabling extreme close-ups to be captured across the 83° field of view.
- Designed for DX format Nikon mirrorless cameras
- Silent control ring to adjust manual focus, exposure compensation and aperture
- In-lens Vibration Reduction assists with up to 4.5 stops of vibration control
- Retractable-lens mechanism
- Ultra compact weighing just 135 grams
- Extremely compact 46 mm filter thread for adding lens filters cost effectively
This standard zoom lens has proven so popular Nikon redesigned in as the Silver Edition Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 SE VR to accompany the launch of the retro style Z fc camera. It can also be found as part of an excellent Z fc Camera and Z 16-50mm lens kit for those seeking a body and lens option.
Nikon Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Lens Specifications
f/3.5 to 6.3 - f/22 to 40
9 elements in 7 groups (including 1 ED element and 4 aspherical elements)
Angle of view
83° to 31° 30' (DX crop sensor image area)
Internal focusing system
Minimum focus distance
16 mm zoom position: 0.25 m (0.82 ft), 24 mm zoom position: 0.2 m (0.66 ft), 35 mm zoom position: 0.23 m (0.76 ft), 50 mm zoom position: 0.3 m (0.99 ft) (measured from focal plane)
Maximum reproduction ratio
Yes. Lens shift using voice coil motors (VCMs)
No. of diaphragm blades
7 (rounded diaphragm opening)
Filter attachment size
Diameter x length (extension from lens mount)
Approx. 70 mm/2.8 in. maximum diameter x 32 mm/1.3 in. (distance from camera lens mount flange when lens is retracted)
Approx. 135 g (4.8 oz.)
Yes internal AF
What’s in the box
- Nikkor Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Lens
- Lens Cap LC-46B
- Rear Cap LF-N1 for Nikon Z mount lenses
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Nikon Z Mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Whichever subjects you shoot if you have a Nikon DX camera this is a must-have optic. The focal range is as versatile as the lens is light, providing ample opportunity to capture street scenes, portraits, landscapes and captivating video. The lens is just wide enough for engaging selfie images and vlogging, joining the new retro concept Z fc camera in a number of lens kits. At just 135 g you can bring this along anywhere whilst remaining light and fast including on travels and adventures.
Low light is matched by the use of coil motors providing up to 4.5 stops of vibration reduction resulting in more keepers and less blur. If you shoot portraits and isolate your subjects the rounded diaphragm can achieve nice bokeh, particularly when the subject is a good distance in front of the background. The Nikkor Z DX 16-50mm is an excellent content creators lens with a versatile range, lightweight design and excellent results for video and photos.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.