Nikon Z fc Mirrorless Camera With Z 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 Lens Kit
The Nikon Z fc is a retro style DX crop sensor camera paired with the Z 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 Lens to provide content creators with a versatile all-in-one stills and 4K kit with everything they need.
- Classic heritage style camera and newly redesigned Silver Edition lens kit for content creators
- Versatile focal width zoom lens with an FX equivalent of 24-75mm for all types of scenes
- Vari-angle touchscreen provides easy to use selfie-style control of photos and videos
- In-camera and lens based vibration reduction help capture sharper images and stills in low light
- High quality 20.9MP DX sensor with full sensor 4K video and a lens which resolves all the details
Nikon Z fc Camera With Z 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 Lens Kit Summary
The Nikon Z fc mirrorless camera with Z 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 Lens Kit in unique Silver Edition is perfectly paired to provide content creators with a versatile option straight out of the box. The Z fc is Nikon’s first retro inspired heritage mirrorless body, drawing design cues from the classic FM2 film camera. The accompanying lens design has been updated to match the styling perfectly as well as offer users with a useful zoom range (24-75mm FX format). This is perfect for a range of subjects from landscapes to portraits or general day to day shooting with a zoom.
The latest technology has been added to provide contemporary features, including a vari-angle touchscreen for selfie shooting, the latest AF Eye and Face technology as well as the ability to charge while shooting.
Features at a glance
- Versatile kit which includes the Nikkor Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Silver Edition lens
- Vintage design closely inspired by the iconic Nikon FM2 film camera
- 4K video up to 30fps / FHD up to 120fps with AF tracking
- Shutter speed, exposure compensation and ISO dials for a tactile experience
- First Z camera with vari-angle LCD touchscreen
- Supports Eye-Detection AF and Animal-Detection AF for stills and video
- ISO range of 100-51200 from 20.9 megapixel DX Sensor
- In-camera and in-lens vibration reduction
- 20 unique Creative Picture Control options
- Exposure compensation works in AUTO mode
- Power charge to charge while shooting
Nikon Z fc And Z 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 Lens Kit in More Detail
Nikkor Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Silver Edition Lens
The Nikkor Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Silver Edition is a standard width zoom lens based on the NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR. The lens has been designed with a silver exterior to match the Nikon Z fc body. The lens is extremely compact and lightweight for the range, with a total length of 32mm and weight of approx. 135g. Despite its size the Z DX 16-50mm renders high resolution throughout the zoom range, perfect for everyday shooting, landscapes and portraits. High resolution and aberrations are dealt with by an optical design with 9 elements in 7 groups (including 1 ED element and 4 aspherical elements). Silent AF ensures those shooting in quiet settings or recording video can shoot without drawing attention and the lens harnesses the power of Nikon’s Eye and Face AF with confidence.
The retractable zoom design allows the lens to be compact enough for travel and storage whilst extending when zoomed in, providing freedom to capture brilliant photos and movies while out and about. 7 rounded diaphragm aperture blades offer a pleasing amount of rounded bokeh for out of focus areas when isolating a subject from the background.
Nikon Z fc Camera styling
The Nikon Z fc features a pentaprism design with black and silver design elements reflect the legendary FM2. The EVF has a circular eyepiece and the dial designs and inscribed Nikon logo are reminiscent of the 1970-80s. Nikon has used a high quality magnesium alloy chassis to ensure the camera is durable for todays adventures.
Creative expression meets function
The top of the Z fc’s body features three control dials and a small window to display current aperture. These dials provide instant control over shutter speed, exposure compensation and ISO sensitivity. Along with these Nikon has added a customisable i-button and i-menu, which allow users to quickly adjust settings with the press of a button.
Exposure compensation is supported when shooting in AUTO mode on the Z fc. This handy new feature provides options to increase brightness and enhance silhouettes, for easier creative expression.
The camera also features 20 Creative Picture Control options that deliver unique styling for your images straight out of camera. These can even be refined with hue, tone and saturation to adjust effects to any taste.
The latest AF technology
Nikon’s Eye-Detection AF and Animal-Detection AF has been integrated into this vintage style camera, which is supported for both stills and video. This tracks subjects across wide-area AF (L) and AF-area mode is supported, ensuring sharp eyes and faces are captured throughout the scene.
Wide native ISO range
The Z fc comes with a native ISO 100-51200 ensuring content creators working across any genre will be able to shoot in all lighting conditions.
A vari-angle monitor has been included for the first time on any Nikon mirrorless camera.This allows flexible framing from low or high angles and when the monitor is rotated to the front, the camera automatically switches to self-portrait mode. This makes shooting selfies effortless, providing full camera control and composition with touch operation.
SnapBridge Ver. 2.8 Improved connectivity
The SnapBridge app can be used to transfer photos and videos to a smart device, making it easy for users to share them on social media.
Snapbridge 2.8 sports a new user interface with two automatic connection modes: foreground mode and background mode. The foreground mode connects with the camera only when the app is activated, reducing camera battery consumption. The background mode features a constant connection, transferring images automatically even when the app is not activated.
Additional camera features
- The EVF employs an organic EL panel for a more natural view
- 4K UHD using the full DX sensor movie area without crop
- Supports Full-time AF dedicated for video recording
- Slow-motion video shooting is made easy by simply selecting an image size and frame rate
- Supports Webcam Utility
- Supports USB power delivery and USB charging
You can read more about this camera in our in-depth blog review of the Nikon Z fc camera here, together with a video review and more samples.
Nikon Z fc Camera Specifications
|Image sensor||23.5 × 15.7 mm CMOS sensor (Nikon DX format), Optical low-pass filter|
|Effective pixels||20.88 million|
|Lens mount||Z mount|
|Viewfinder||Electronic viewfinder, 0.39-in. XGA OLED, approx. 2360-dot. Frame coverage: approx. 100％ in all directions (on actual screen), magnification: approx. 1.02× (when using 50mm lens, at infinity, -1.0 m-1)|
|Shutter||Electronically controlled vertical-travel focal-plane mechanical shutter; electronic front-curtain shutter, electronic shutter|
|Shutter speed||With shutter speed dial: 1/4000 to 4 seconds (1 step), Bulb, Time, X (Flash sync) With main command dial: 1/4000 to 30 seconds (1/3 step, extendable up to 900 s during M mode), Bulb, Time, X (Flash sync) X=1/200 seconds, synchronizes with shutter at 1/200 seconds or slower, auto FP high-speed sync supported|
|Continuous shooting speed||High-speed continuous shooting: 5.0 fps (with AF, live view between frames available), High-speed continuous shooting (extended): 11 fps (with AF/AE, JPEG or 12 bit RAW image quality, when using a mechanical shutter)|
|ISO sensitivity||Still images: ISO 100 to 51200, Hi 1 (ISO 102400 equivalent), Hi 2 (ISO 204800 equivalent), Videos: ISO 100 to 25600|
|Autofocus||Hybrid AF (focal-plane phase-detection AF/contrast-detect AF), AF detection range: -4.5 EV (in still shooting, AF-S, ISO 100, f/1.8 lens, 20°C/68°F, low-light AF), number of focus points in still shooting: 209 (DX image area, single-point AF), Eye-Detection AF for human and animals (in still shooting and movie recording, auto-area AF, AF-A), focus peaking display in manual focus|
|Metering method||Matrix metering, center-weighted metering, spot metering, highlight-weighted metering, flicker reduction in still shooting|
|Vibration reduction||In-camera vibration reduction|
|Image-processing engine||EXPEED 6, Creative Picture Control supported|
|Recording formats||SD memory card (UHS-I support) Image format: RAW12-bit/14-bit, JPEG, simultaneous recording of both RAW and JPEG available|
|Video||Video compressions format: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, file format: MOV or MP4, electronic vibration reduction available, video log (N-Log) output not supported|
|Video recording pixels/frame rate||3840×2160 (4K UHD): 30p/25p/24p, 1920×1080: 120p/100p/60p/50p/30p/25p/24p, 1920×1080 slow-motion: 30p (4×)/25p (4×)/24p (5×)|
|Audio||Built-in stereo microphone, use of external microphone is available, recording format: Linear PCM (MOV) or AAC (MP4)|
|LCD monitor||3.0-in. (3:2), approx. 1040-dot, touch-operational panel, vari-angle monitor (self-portrait supported)|
|Top display panel||Yes (only for aperture display)|
|Battery||EN-EL25, USB charging available with EH-7P AC adapter (optional)|
|Interface||USB cable (Type C: SuperSpeed USB), HDMI micro connector (Type D), plug-in power microphone support, stereo mini-jack (Φ3.5 mm), Accessory Shoe|
|Communication||SnapBridge Ver.2.8 support, In-body Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, WT-7 not supported|
|Dimensions (W × H x D)||Approx. 134.5×93.5×43.5 mm/5.3×3.8×1.8 in.|
|Weight||Approx. 445 g/15.7 oz. (with battery and SD memory card but without body cap), Approx. 390 g/ 13.8 oz. (body only)|
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: N/A|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): N/A|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): N/A|
|Custom white balance: N/A|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: N/A|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: N/A|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: N/A|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: N/A|
|Microphone port: N/A|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: N/A|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: N/A|
|Number of white balance presets: N/A|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: N/A|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: N/A|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: N/A|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): N/A|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
There’s a considerable market for vintage style cameras today as photographers and content creators look for something unique to shoot with. Nikon has really nailed the design with this first ‘heritage’ camera, the Z fc. The buttons make a nice click, there’s a video switch and record button along with plenty to keep you immersed in the experience. They then went ahead and redesigned the versatile Nikkor Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 SE VR zoom lens to create this chic kit. The result is definitely eye catching, particularly with three dials for quick access to camera settings on the top plate and the classic silver and black body and lens combination.
This kit is also about ease of use combined with advanced features and comes with the first vari-angle LCD touchscreen for selfie style photos and vlogging. Those who do create movie content will love the full DX sensor 4K video and slow motion capabilities of 120fps in FHD. In-camera vibration reduction as well as lens based VR also serve to stabilise images and video when shooting in low light. Fast moving subjects are dealt with by a competent 11fps burst rate as well as the latest Eye and Face AF detection ported over from the newest full frame cameras in Nikon’s Z line-up. Whether you are new to Nikon mirrorless cameras or simply enjoy creating photos and videos with a retro camera using a versatile zoom lens this kit makes for an excellent choice.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.