Leica Super Vario Elmar SL 16-35mm f/3.5-4.5 ASPH Lens Black Anodised
The Leica Super-Vario-Elmar-SL 16-35mm in black anodised finish is a sophisticated aspherical full-frame L-mount wide angle lens, which excels at a host of applications from landscape to architecture.
- Classic ultra wide angle focal zoom lens well suited to landscapes, architecture, interiors and more
- New optical design which delivers high resolution, sharp images and video throughout the range
- High performance weather resistance with AquaDura® lens coating
- Near silent AF system captures subjects efficiently thanks to using just one focus lens
- Made in Germany quality consistent with Leica’s highest quality optics and cameras
Leica Super Vario Elmar SL 16-35mm f/3.5-4.5 ASPH Lens L-Mount Summary
The Leica Super Vario Elmar SL 16-35mm f/3.5-4.5 ASPH Lens provides endless opportunities for full-frame SL system users. Naturally as an L-mount lens, Alliance photographers using any Panasonic Lumix L-mount camera or Sigma models such as the fp L can also enjoy this ultra wide angle zoom. This is Lecia’s first ultra-wide Super Vario Elmar for the system and it delivers excellent results including exceptional image quality across the entire range and throughout apertures. A fast and near silent AF system allows photographers to capture stills and video accurately and discreetly with reliable results.
As is the case with all other components of the SL-System the Super-Vario-Elmar-SL 16–35 f/3.5–4.5 ASPH. is designed and constructed to meet the special demands of professional photography. Made in Germany, the robust construction of this lens and its AquaDura lens coating make it ideal for use in even the most unfavourable conditions. Improved mount geometry and high-quality coating ensure optimum suppression of reflections and stray light within the optical system.
- Newly designed optical system with 18 elements in 12 groups
- Close focus of just 250mm
- Electronically controlled aperture
- E82 filter thread
- AquaDura® lens coating performs against dust and splashes
- L-Mount bayonet
With its’ classic focal range this ultra wide lens is ideal for subjects such as architecture, landscape and group photos. As only one element is used for AF users will find the lens extremely responsive to capture their subjects, with a near silent motor for video and discrete photography. Two aspherical elements correct monochromatic aberrations while three elements are made from anomalous partial dispersion glass which serve to correct chromatic aberrations. These combine to deliver excellent rendering on even the highest full frame sensors models including the 47 megapixel SL2 and Lumix S1R cameras.
What’s in the box
- Leica Super Vario Elmar SL 16-35mm f/3.5-4.5 ASPH Lens L-Mount
- lens hood
- rear lens cap no. 16064
- Lens cap E82 no. 16019
- soft pouches no. 439-606.142-000
|Offers: Free Gift|
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: L Mount Lenses|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 88|
|Length (mm): 123|
|Weight (g): 990|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 16 - 35 mm|
|Focus method: Internal|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: Leica SL|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 35|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): 3.5|
|Maximum aperture (text): f/3.5 - 4.5|
|Max Format size: Full Frame|
|Minimum focal length: 16|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.25|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): f/22|
|Motor type: Linear|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: AquaDura front lens coating|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: Zoom lens|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: Internal (rotary)|
With the continued popularity of full frame L-mount cameras Leica has introduced a classic ultra wide-angle zoom lens with the Super Vario Elmar SL 16-35mm f/3.5-4.5 ASPH. It delivers impressive performance on any camera regardless of resolution with their new optical formula designed to capture sharp images and videos. The focal range suits a variety of subjects and can be paired with other SL lenses such as the Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 ASPH. and APO-Vario-Elmarit-SL 90-280mm to cover all focal widths from 16mm through to 280mm.
An electronically controlled aperture and the silent AF system ensure content creators working with both video and stills can enjoy this lens to its fullest extent. Topping off features for outdoor users Leica added their proprietary AquaDura® lens coating for a good degree of weather resistance. For those who love shooting ultra wide subjects the benefit of a zoom lens over primes can be the deciding factor on taking the plunge with this model ticking a number of boxes.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.