- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Laowa 100mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO Lens for Sony E
The apochromatic design of the Laowa 100mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO Lens for Sony E provides sharp, well controlled colour and aberrations in a short telephoto prime with oversized 2:1 close-ups.
Earn 569 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- The lens achieves crystal sharpness in both macro and infinity distances making for a versatile telephoto option
- Apochromatic optical design affords excellent clarity and colour rendition even at close range
- Reasonably lightweight and compact for handholding with the option to mount 67mm filters
- Larger than life 2:1 maximum magnification for detailed, immersive images
- Barrel markings to designate depth of field and subject distance aiding with manual focusing
Laowa 100mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO Lens Sony FE Summary
This unique 100mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO Lens manual telephoto prime lens has been designed by Laowa to appeal to any macro photographer using a full frame Sony mirrorless camera. It provides a double (2x) 2:1 magnification for larger than life oversized details. The apochromatic (APO) characteristics significantly reduce chromatic aberration, resulting in pleasing images with sharp, well controlled details and reduced colour fringing. The weight is also well controlled at 638g which is very reasonable considering its capabilities from the 12 lens elements contained within.
Features at a glance
- Designed for Sony FE mount (Full frame)
- Classic 100mm focal length can also be used for portraits and short telephoto subjects
- Double sized 2:1 ultra macro
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture
- Apochromatic optical design
- Removable lens hood and accepts 67mm filters
- Fully manual lens with 5 year warranty
Photographers who want to get close to their subjects will find a minimum focus distance of just 24.7cm which provides ample opportunity to fill the frame with large details of your subject. What’s more Laowa has included no less than 13 aperture blades enabling you to crate beautiful smooth out of focus areas and pleasing bokeh. Whilst this is an FE lens, APS-C camera users can mount this where it becomes 150mm macro lens. We do have an APS-C only option from Laowa, the 65mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO Lens for Sony E which provides around 100mm focal length.
Laowa 100mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO Lens for Sony E sample images
© Gua Ge
© Gua Ge
© Dylan Reynolds
What’s in the box
- Laowa 100mm f/2.8 2:1 Ultra Macro APO Lens for Sony FE
- Lens hood
- Front and rear lens caps
- B+W 67mm XS-Pro Clear MRC-Nano 007 Filter - a high-end protector filter, which may be a great idea at such close focus distances
- B+W 67mm XS-Pro Kaesemann Circular Polariser MRC-Nano Filter Another high quality filter from B+W to reduce glare and reflections from wet surfaces
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Omni Captial Ltd.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
Laowa is fast establishing themselves as a force to be reckoned with and Sony users who enjoy macro photography are in for a treat with this unique 100mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO Lens. An advanced APO optical formula includes a number of special elements to produce high quality, clear results with well controlled colour fringing. Close focus is a very decent 24.7cm, but it’s the 2:1 double life size magnification ratio which will drawn many photographers in. This provides the opportunity to get close to your subject and then fill the frame with beautiful details which are rarely visible with the human eye. As a short telephoto 100mm prime you can of course also use this as a portrait lens or for any other suitable subjects.
The lens is relatively compact and lightweight at 638g and comes with a lens hood which is very useful, as well as providing the ability to add convenient 67mm filters. There are a few macro options in the Sony lens range, however this offers a unique way of capturing extreme close-ups with an immersive experience that only comes with a manual-only focus lens.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.