HD Pentax-DA 55-300mm f/4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE Telephoto Zoom Lens
Product Code: 5241383N
Designed for K Mount, the HD Pentax-DA 55-300mm f/4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE is a compact telephoto zoom lens sporting weather sealing, high speed autofocus, HD optical coating and quiet operation.
- Perfectly portable lens with a great focal length range
- Pulse motor autofocus means quieter and quicker autofocus
- Weather resistance means we don't have to stay inside!
Pentax HD PENTAX-DA 55-300mmF4.5-6.3ED PLM WR are Lens Summary
- 55-300mm focal range (35mm equivalent: 84mm - 460mm)
- Aperture range: f/4.5 - f/6.3
- Compact & weather-resistant telephoto zoom lens
- Pentax K-mount compatible
- Newly designed high quality optics
- Minimum focusing distance: 0.95 metres.
- High speed AF, smooth AF tracking for video operation.
- Only 89mm in length
This zoom lens provides focal lengths between 84.5mm and 460mm (in the 35mm format)* to cover medium-to super-telephoto ranges. Its upgraded AF performance ensures that it delivers quiet, high-speed AF operation in still-image shooting, as well as smooth AF tracking operation during movie recording to minimise noise caused by focus and aperture shifts. Its newly designed, high-quality optics provide a minimum focusing distance of 0.95 metres, expanding the range of photographic applications. With the incorporation of a retractable structure, it measures a mere 89 millimetres in length, which coupled with its weather-resistant construction, ensures this zoom lens delivers outstanding reliability and durability even in demanding shooting conditions.
Product features in detail
High-speed AF operation
With the adoption of a rear-focus system, the focusing lens is 93.6 percent lighter (compared to the ) than the previous version - HD Pentax-DA 55-300mm F4-5.8 ED WR.
By driving this focusing lens using a pulse motor (PLM), which is directly linked to a lead screw, this zoom lens operates faster €" approximately 8.3 times at its wide-angle end and approximately 1.7 times at its telephoto end (when taking a still picture through the viewfinder, in AF-S focus mode) €" and is quieter than the existing model.
When mounted on the new PENTAX K-70 digital SLR camera body, it offers smoother, faster AF operation with dimly lit subjects, thanks to an improved AF algorithm that exchanges AF data between the camera body and the lens with greater precision. Performance of its power-assisted focus system during manual-focus operation has also been improved. The distance ring is designed to accurately detect the angle of rotation and swiftly react to a change of angle, so this zoom lens can shift its focusing lens smoothly in response to distance ring operation.
Quiet AF operation and electromagnetic diaphragm control, perfect for movie recording
This is the first K-mount lens to feature an electromagnetic diaphragm control system.
When mounted on the new PENTAX K-70 digital SLR camera body, it delivers smooth, high-precision aperture control during movie recording. Thanks to this state-of-the-art system, it shifts the aperture setting automatically and smoothly, even when the brightness level of the subject changes drastically in movie shooting.
Coupled with the PLM mechanism, it also provides smooth AF tracking operation and exposure control, while minimising the intrusion of focus and aperture-shift noises during movie-recording operation.
As a result, it produces more natural, true-to-life movies in locations such as a theatre stage or forest where brightness levels fluctuate considerably, as well as for moving subjects like sports people and animals.
High-quality images, with a minimum focusing distance of 0.95 metres
With focal lengths from 84.5mm to 460mm (in the 35mm format), this telephoto zoom lens provides approximately 5.5-times zoom coverage from medium to super-telephoto ranges. Its 14-element, 11-group optics include an ED (extraa-low Dispersion) optical element to effectively minimise spherical and chromatic aberrations, while delivering high-resolution, fine-detailed images with rich contrast from the image's centre to its edges and minimal colour bleeding at any focal length setting. In addition to the short minimal focusing distance of 0.95 metres, made possible by the rear-focus system, the lens barrel has also been designed to be free of extension during AF operation, making it ideal for a wide variety of applications, such as outdoor, sports and landscape shooting.
Compact telephoto zoom lens
Its retractable structure means that the lens is only 89 millimetres long. It is extremely compact, weighing it at just 442g, making it extremely portable. The ideal lens for casual, everyday shooting.
The lens features a dependable weather-resistant construction with 11 sealing parts to effectively prevent the instrusion of water in the lens. When paired with a weather-resistant PENTAX digital SLR camera body, it creates a durable, dependable digital imaging system that performs superbly in demanding shooting situations such as mist or rain, or in locations prone to water splashes or spray.
HD Coating to optimise image description
The lens is treated with a high-grade, multi-layer High-Definition Coating. Compared with conventional multi-layer coatings, this PENTAX-original coating delivers higher light transmittance and less reflection for bright, high-contrast images free of flare and ghost images, even in demanding lighting situations such as low light.
- Quick-Shift Focus system allows the user to instantly switch to manual-focus operation, even when the camera's AF system is in operation..
- SP (Super Protect) Coating applied to the front surface of the lens to effectively repel water and grease.
- Rounded diaphragm with nine blades to produce a smooth, beautiful bokeh (defocus) effect, while minimising the streaking effect of point light sources.
HD Pentax-DA 55-300mm f/4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE Telephoto Zoom Lens Specifications
HD Pentax-DA 55-00mm F4.5-6.eD PLM WR Re
Focal Length 55-00mm
"equivalent to 84.5-460mm in 5mm format (when attached to Pentax APS-C Size DSLR cameras)"
Maximum Aperture F4.5-6.
Minimum Aperture F-
Lens construction 4 elements in groups
angle of view (diagonal) "9-5.4 (when attached to Pentax APS-C Size DSLR cameras)"
Minimum focusing distance 0.95m (.ft.)
Maximum magnification 0.0x
Filter Diameter 58mm
Diaphragm Control "electromagnetc Diaphragm Fully automatic"
Number of Diaphragm blades 9
Rounded Diaphragm (55mm: F4.5-9 00mm: F6.-)
Lens Hood PH-RBK58 (included)
Lens Cap O-LC58 (included)
Lens Case S80-0 (optional)
Maximum Diameter x Length approx. 76.5mm x 89mm (approx. n. x .5n.)
Weight "approx. 44g / with hood approx. 47g (approx. 5.6 oz./ with hood approx. 6.6oz.)"
Temperature -0C~40C (4F~04F)
humidity 85% or less (no condensaton)
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Pentax Lenses K mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 77|
|Length (mm): 89|
|Weight (g): 471|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 55 - 300 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 300|
|Maximum magnification: 0.3|
|Maximum aperture (number): 4.5|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 55|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.95|
|Minimum aperture (number): 32|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: ED elements + HD and SP coatings|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
The HD Pentax-DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3ED PLM WR RE lens has a name that is almost as long as the lens itself, with a mere 89mm profile, it ensures that it is a great compact choice for your Pentax K-mount compatible DSLR.
With a versatile focal length from medium-telephoto up to super-telephoto ranges it also features a range of coatings and technologies to reduce chromatic abberations, protect the glass itself and to protect from the elements.
Impressive AF features are achieved by the combination of a pulse motor (the PLM part of the name) and an electromagnetic diaphragm control to ensure autofocusing is both smooth and quiet.
The electromagnetic diaphragm control is only compatible with the below Pentax DSLRs - to ensure this capability is enabled on these camera s, a firmware upgrade may be required.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.