Fujifilm GF 80mm f/1.7 R WR Lens
The Fujifilm GF 80mm lens is the latest G-mount addition as well as the fastest at f/1.7 with a nine-blade round aperture ideal for portraits, has a convenient 77mm filter thread and weighs just 795g.
- World’s first medium format f/1.7 lens with AF capabilities delivers high speed, bright results
- Exceptional quality with high resolving special lens elements used throughout the optical design
- Compatible with fast sensor-based phase-detect AF systems including Face / Eye AF
- Compact and relatively lightweight professional medium format prime lens
- Comprehensive weather sealing supports photographers working outdoors in any weather
Fujifilm GF 80mm f/1.7 R WR Lens Summary
The GF 80mm f/1.7 R WR lens is Fujifilm’s fastest ever G-mount medium format lens and arrives at the same as the newly announced GFX 100S camera in 2021. This latest offering has an equivalent focal width of 63mm in full-frame format, making it ideal for subjects including wider portraits providing an alternative to the existing high quality GF 110mm F/2 R WR lens. With resolutions of the latest GFX mirrorless cameras topping over 100 Megapixels, Fujifilm engineers have their work cut out to produce extremely high resolving optics. Luckily they are experts in this field with over 80 years of experience and the GF 80mm f/1.7 R WR is testament to that rich optical design history, delivering professional image quality across all measures.
Features at a glance
- World’s first medium format f/1.7 lens with AF capabilities
- Superb rendering through 12 elements in nine groups, including one aspherical element and two Super ED elements
- Highly anticipated defocus effects with soft bokeh thanks to nine rounded diaphragm blades
- Full support of Fujifilm Face / Eye AF features with fast subject acquisition and tracking from a powerful DC motor
- Compact lens at 99.2mm long, weighing just 795g. with a convenient 77mm filter thread
- Comprehensive weather seals have been applied in 10 lens barrel locations
The GF 80mm f/1.7 lens will give medium format photographers more creative options, particularly since the highly anticipated bokeh produced from the wide aperture is sure to enhance the aesthetics in any image.
What’s in the box
- Lens Cap FLCP-77
- Lens rear cap RLCP-002
- Lens hood
- Lens pouch
- Fujifilm PRF-77 Protector Filter
- B+W 77mm XS-PRO Digital HTC Circular Polariser
- Tenba Tools Lens Capsule 15 X 11cm
Fujifilm GF 80mm F/1.7 R WR Lens Sample Images
Camera: Fujifilm GFX 100S. Lens: Fujifilm GF 80mm f/1.7 R WR. Focal length: 80mm. Exposure: 1/125. f/1.7 ISO 200
Camera: Fujifilm GFX 100S. Lens: Fujifilm GF 80mm f/1.7 R WR. Focal length: 80mm. Exposure: 1/30. f/1.7 ISO 250
Camera: Fujifilm GFX 100S. Lens: Fujifilm GF 80mm f/1.7 R WR. Focal length: 80mm. Exposure: 1/40. f/1.7 ISO 320
Fujifilm GF 80mm f/1.7 R WR Lens Specifications
GF 80mm F/1.7 R WR
63mm (35mm format equivalent)
12 elements in 9 groups
(includes 1 aspherical and 2 superED elements)
Focal length (35mm format equivalent)
Angle of view
Number of blades
9 (rounded diaphragm opening)
Minimum Object Distance
External dimensions : Diameter x Length* (approx.)
*distance from camera lens mount flange
Φ94.7mm × 99.2mm
*excluding caps, hoods and Tripod collar foot
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: Yes|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 95|
|Length (mm): 99|
|Weight (g): 795|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 80 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 80|
|Maximum magnification: 0.15|
|Maximum aperture (number): 1.7|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 80|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.7|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 1 aspherical + 2 Super ED elements|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
The GF 80mm prime lens brings a great degree of versatility for serious enthusiasts and pros working in the studio or out in the field. High speed AF and superb build quality have been combined for the type of quality we have become accustomed to seeing throughout the range of Fujifilm medium format lenses. High precision glass moulding enables special elements to be manufactured with infinitesimal accuracy, resulting in outstanding images, with particularly pleasing bokeh effects. The bright f/1.7 aperture captures an ultra-fine focal plane when wide open, especially when taking into account the larger sensors found in the GFX medium format range.
Adding a high speed DC motor ensures Fujifilm’s advanced Face / Eye AF features work quickly and efficiently and the lens tracks subjects with confidence. Photographers who work hand-held will also appreciate the comparatively compact size and weight of the lens, which sits comfortably on any of Fujifilm’s current medium format camera bodies. Mounting this model to the latest GFX100S camera delivers an enviable -5.5EV scene luminance, ideal when working in low light situations. Regardless of which camera the GF 80mm is mounted onto, users can expect premium results, delivered with Fujifilm’s renowned colour science.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.