Canon RF 15-30mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens
The Canon RF 15-30mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens is a compact wide to ultra wide angle zoom for mirrorless cameras, with 5.5-stops image stabilisation, close 13cm minimum focus distance and high 0.5x magnification.
Pre-order today for first UK stock. Available for delivery from Sep.
Earn 669 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
Chat with a Canon product specialist about this productChat now
- Versatile compact lens with wide to ultra wide zoom range, compatible with full-frame and APS-C mirrorless cameras
- Perfect for video, vlogging and hybrid creators thanks to smooth focus changes and fast, quiet focus motor
- Excellent for sharp handheld stills and video with 5.5-stops image stabiliser rising to 7-stops with combined body stabilisation
- Versatile close focusing down to 13cm with high 0.5x magnification which is ideal for capturing macro shots
- Excellent results from two UD (Ultra Low Dispersion) lens elements with sharp detailed images and movies
Canon RF 15-30mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens Summary
The Canon RF 15-30mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens is an extremely compact and portable wide to ultra wide angle zoom lens, with a versatile RF mount for full-frame and crop sensor mirrorless cameras. When mounted on APS-C format bodies like the EOS R7 and EOS R10, you’ll get an equivalent focal range of 24-48mm.
Built-in optical image stabilisation provides 5.5-stops of advantage when handholding, which rises to 7-stops when combined with compatible camera bodies such as the formidable full-frame EOS R6, R5 and crop format R7. Videographers and hybrid shooters gain extremely quiet and smooth focusing with smooth focus changes thanks to Canon’s stepping motor technology, which also keeps up with fast moving subjects when capturing stills. You’ll also be able to capture beautiful macro shots from as close as 13cm, with a high 0.5x maximum magnification in manual focus, to fill the frame with your subject.
- Portable compact zoom lens with wide to ultra wide focal range for lots of subjects
- Fast and quiet STM focus technology
- Smooth focus changes are ideal for video
- 5.5-stops of built-in optical image stabilisation
- Combined body IS of up to 7-stops
- Excellent sharpness and detail from aspherical lens element
- Combined Focus/Control Ring to adjust settings rom the lens
- Extremely close 13cm minimum focus distance in manual focus
- High 0.5x magnification ratio when in MF for macro and close-up images
- Optical formula includes two UD (Ultra Low Dispersion) lens elements
Canon RF 15-30mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens in More Detail
Super versatile zoom
With a versatile 15-30mm zoom range, Canon’s RF 15-30mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM offers plenty of scope for creativity when you’re filming, vlogging or photographing interiors, architecture, landscapes and more.
Handhold for photos and videos
An Optical Image Stabiliser with 5.5-stops built-in allows longer shutter speeds to be used for smooth handheld shooting and filming. This rises to an impressive 7-stops when combined with cameras which include body stabilisation.
Shoot both ultra wide and ultra close
A new world of close-up shooting awaits as this lens is perfect for experimenting in manual focus mode. Get extraordinary levels of detail as close as 12.8cm with 0.52x magnification, and enjoy incredibly sharp results.
Fast and quiet focusing for stills and movies
An exceptionally quiet STM (Stepping Motor) focuses quickly when shooting photos and is extremely quiet, which is ideal when recording video. This allows you to capture even fast subjects with the RF 15-30mm, confident you can film like a pro.
Glorious details on any subject
The RF 15-30mm f/4.5-6.3 lens benefits from a new optical design, with aspherical and precision moulded elements to render superb sharpness and details. Lens coatings also contribute to providing exceptional image quality with the compact zoom lens.
A customisable combined Focus and Lens Control Ring allows you to fine tune ISO and aperture as well as changing AF mode without taking your eye off your subject.
What’s in the box
- Canon RF 15-30mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens for EOS R cameras
- Lens cap E-67 II
- Lens hood EW-73E
- Lens case/pouch LP1116
- Rear cap Lens Dust Cap RF
Canon RF 15-30mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens Sample photos
Canon EOS R7 at 18mm. Settings: 1/30sec. f/8. ISO 200
Canon EOS R6 at 30mm. Settings: 1/30sec. f/6.3. ISO 200
Canon EOS R6 at 15mm. Settings: 0.3sec. f/8. ISO 200
Canon EOS R6 at 15mm. Settings: 1/160sec. f/11. ISO 100
Canon RF 15-30mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens Specifications
|Image size||Full Frame|
|Angle of view(horzntl, vertl, diagnl)||100° 25' - 61°55’,|
|77° 20' - 43° 35’|
|110° 30'- 71° 35'|
|Lens construction (elements/groups)||13/11|
|Special optics||1 x PMo Aspherical, 2 x UD|
|No. of diaphragm blades||7|
|Closest focusing distance (m)||0.28 (at 15mm) (Manual Focus: 0.128)|
|0.28 (at 20mm) (Manual Focus: 0.28)|
|0.28 (at 30mm) (Manual Focus: 0.28)|
|Maximum magnification (x)||0.09 (at 15mm) (Manual Focus: 0.52)|
|0.11 (at 20mm) (Manual Focus: 0.11)|
|0.16 (at 30mm) (Manual Focus: 0.16)|
|Control Ring||via Focus ring|
|Image stabilizer OIS1||5.5|
|Image stabilizer IBIS x OIS1||7|
|Filter diameter (mm)||67|
|Max. diameter x length (mm)2||76.6 x 88.4|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: Yes|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.13|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Canon’s mirrorless lens range sees a jump in high quality, affordable options with the release of this RF 15-30mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM. This ultra compact zoom lens joins an even more compact prime – the Canon RF 24mm f/1.8 Macro IS STM Lens, ensuring EOS R shooters have plenty of options to hand. The RF 15-30mm weighs just 390g yet still manages to include the very latest optical design, which includes one PMo Aspherical and two UD lens elements along with Canon’s Super Spectra coating. These combine to render excellent levels of sharpness throughout the zoom range and even when shooting in manual focus as close as 13cm from your subject.
This versatility is extended with the ability to capture photos and videos handheld with up to 7-stops of combined stabilisation with a compatible camera, or 5.5-stops using just lens-based IS. Focusing is also extremely rewarding for both stills and movies, with the stepping motor keeping pace with moving subjects and achieving quiet focus from near to far. This is particularly useful for vlogging where the subject is often close and moves around quickly.
This lens is an over achiever across the board, whether you shoot landscapes, close-ups, videos or environmental portraits, and is sure to become the ideal compact zoom for many creators.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.