Canon Pixma G550 MegaTank Inkjet Photo Printer
The Canon Pixma G550 is a dedicated A4 Inkjet Photo Printer with high quality printing from 6 user-refillable dye-based inks which provide increased colour vibrancy and contrast at a low ongoing cost.
- High quality A4 photo printing with up to 4800 x 1200 dpi for a wide range of inkjet media
- Frugal print costs despite photographic results thanks to six high capacity dye-based ink tanks
- Easy to operate locally or remotely with WiFi and cloud based services
- User replaceable parts make for quick replacement of hardware when maintenance is required
- Print up to 3,800 4x6” photo prints from just one set of ink bottles
Canon Pixma G550 MegaTank Inkjet Photo Printer Summary
The Canon Pixma G550 MegaTank Inkjet Photo Printer is aimed at enthusiast photographers, photo studios and home users. It has identical high quality photo printing capabilities at up to A4 borderless size as the 3-in-1 Canon Pixma G650, with the scan and copy functions omitted for print-only functionality. Six dye-based inks result in enhanced quality with grey and red inks increasing colour vibrancy and contrast on a variety of inkjet papers. Easy to refill front facing ink tanks provide low cost ownership with up to 3,800 4x6” photo prints from just one set of ink bottles.
Easily replaceable parts also ensure ongoing maintenance is a breeze, whilst a convenient LCD, WiFi connectivity and rear sheet feeder make for a simple to use photo printer.
Features at a glance
- Vibrant and accurate photo print quality from six dye-based inks
- One set of ink bottles can print up to 3,800 4x6” photos
- Simple operation with front facing ink tanks and hassle-free refillable ink bottles
- Easy to navigate LCD screen
- User-replaceable print head and maintenance tank
- WiFi connectivity
- Borderless A4 printing at up to 4800 x 1200 dpi
The rear sheet feeder with 100 sheet capacity can be utilised remotely through WiFi whether from a computer, phone or tablet. This makes it incredibly easy to see your work in high quality printed form on inkjet photographic paper.
Canon Pixma G550 in More Detail
Excellent print quality from six dye-based inks
Six dye-based inks provide enhanced photo print quality ideal for photography enthusiasts and photo studios to print out their own images. The addition of red and grey inks increases colour vibrancy and contrast, reducing colour shift regardless of what media is being used.
Low cost per page printing
High-volume ink tanks enable high page yields with one set of bottles able to print around 3,800 4x6” photos. This results in fewer bottle refills with cost savings no matter how many prints are made.
Simple to use
Front-facing ink tanks make it easy to monitor ink levels with hassle-free refills when needed. The 2 Line LCD on the Canon Pixma G550 is easy to navigate with quick access to various print, scan and copy functions.
DIY maintenance when required
Not only can inks be easily refilled but the print head and maintenance tank are also user-replaceable for minimal downtime. An Auto Power On/Off function helps to contribute to energy saving for efficient energy consumption.
Users can print from a phone or tablet using the a variety of options including the Canon PRINT App, Mopria or AirPrint. WiFi enables you to connect to a PC, laptop or even to a Canon WiFi-enabled camera.
Rear paper feed capacity
A rear sheet feeder delivers automatic paper loading with up to 100 sheet capacity. The printer can also print on a range media, from 64gsm copy paper to 105gsm or supported genuine Canon papers which include:
- Photo Paper Pro Luster (LU-101)
- Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (
- Matte Photo Paper (MP-101)
- Glossy Photo Paper (GP
- Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss 4x6 (SG-201)
For even more creativity you can also print onto a variety of restickable, magnetic and fabric media.
Read our blog post which dives into more detail on this and the multifunction version of the ;Canon MegaTank Photo Printers.
What’s in the box
- PIXMA G550 Refillable MegaTank Inkjet Printer
- 6 high-yield dye-based ink bottles (1 x Black, 1x C/M/Y, 1 Red and 1 Grey)
- Power cord
- Setup CD-ROM (CD only for Windows)
- Manuals and other documents
Canon Pixma G550 Specifications
|Functions||Wi-Fi, Print & Cloud|
|Print Resolution||Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi|
|Print Technology||2 FINE Print Head (Left : BK/R/Gy, Right : C/M/Y)|
|Mono Print Speed||approx. 3.9 ipm|
|Colour Print Speed||approx. 3.9 ipm|
|Photo Print Speed||Borderless 4" x 6" (10x15cm) : Approx. 47 seconds|
|Two Sided Printing||Manual operation|
|Standard Ink Bottles||GI-53|
|Maximum Document Size||A4/LTR|
|OS Compatibility||Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SP1|
|Multiple Copy||99 copies (max.)|
|Display||Full Dot LCD (Monochrome)|
Canon’s EcoTank printers are designed to provide low cost photo printing for photography enthusiasts who love seeing their work in print. The Pixma G550 does just that with beautifully detailed results at up to 4800 x 1200 dpi, whilst also keeping ink refill costs down. You’ll notice the output shows high contrast with accurate, vivid colours, perfectly suited to various types of inkjet papers as required by different types of images. The G550 is also suitable for photo studios who need to print out client work quickly and efficiently. This is due to it being such an easy to use device with quick ink refills and user-replaceable parts such as the print head and maintenance tank.
WiFi connectivity adds yet more versatility with remote printing available from various connected devices including phones, tablets and computers. Cloud services and Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY apps add to the list of options for working with this high quality printer, with just about any device able to connect and print remotely. Anyone who prints a lot of images at up to A4 size and is conscious about print costs will love the Pixma G550 as it delivers admirably on promises which the EcoTank series make.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.