Canon Pixma G650 MegaTank 3-in-1 Photo Printer
The Canon Pixma G650 is a 3-in-1 print, copy and scan A4 device with high-quality photo printing, low maintenance and low total cost of ownership for photographers, home users and small businesses.
- Beautiful borderless print quality at up to 4800 x 1200 dpi from six dye-based inks
- User-friendly interface with easy controls for 3-in-1 print, copy and scan functions
- Low maintenance requirements with user-replaceable parts and hassle-free ink refills
- Low total cost of ownership with up to 3,800 4x6” photo prints from just one set of ink bottles
- Easy connectivity through WiFi to a computer, phones and tablets for remote printing
Canon Pixma G650 MegaTank 3-in-1 Photo Printer Summary
The Canon Pixma G650 is an A4, 3-in-1 print, copy and scan inkjet photo printer aimed at photographers, home users and small businesses. It offers high quality photo printing in colour and BW with beautifully detailed prints up to 4800 x 1200 dpi. You’ll have low maintenance requirements with a low ongoing total cost of ownership with the Pixma G650 thanks to easy user-refillable ink tanks and user replaceable hardware. WiFi connectivity ensures anyone can also print from a computer, phone or tablet with ease.
Features at a glance
- Vibrant and accurate photo print quality from six dye-based inks
- One set of ink bottles can print up to 3,800 4x6” photos
- Simple operation with front facing ink tanks and hassle-free refillable ink bottles
- Easy to navigate LCD screen
- User-replaceable print head, maintenance tank and refillable ink tanks
- WiFi connectivity
- Borderless A4 printing at up to 4800 x 1200 dpi, with scanning and copy functions
- CIS 600 x 1200 dpi flatbed scanner and document and photo copying
Borderless printing on a wide range of media is simple through the rear sheet feeder with 100 sheet capacity, whether from a computer, phone or tablet. This makes it incredibly easy to see your work in high quality printed form on standard photographic or custom sizes. Business users benefit from 600 x 1200 dpi document and photo scanning as well as document copying, photo copying and borderless copy.
Canon Pixma G650 in More Detail
Excellent print quality from six dye-based inks
Six dye-based inks offer enhanced photo print quality ideal for photography enthusiasts to print out their own work. The addition of red and grey inks increases colour vibrancy and contrast helping reduce colour shift regardless of what photo media is being used.
Low cost per page printing
High-volume ink tanks enable incredibly high page yields, with one set of bottles able to print around 3,800 4x6” photo prints. This results in fewer bottle refills and cost saving no matter how many prints you make.
Simple to use
Front-facing ink tanks make it easy to monitor ink levels with hassle-free refills when needed. The 2 Line LCD on the Canon Pixma G650 is easy to navigate with quick access to various print, scan and copy functions.
DIY maintenance when required
Not only can inks be easily refilled but the print head and maintenance tank are also user-replaceable for minimal downtime. An Auto Power On/Off function helps to contribute to energy saving for efficient energy consumption.
Users can print from a phone or tablet using the a variety of options including the Canon PRINT App, Mopria or AirPrint. WiFi enables you to connect to a PC, laptop or even to a Canon WiFi-enabled camera.
3-in-1 multi-functional capability
The Canon Pixma G650 makes it easy to print, scan and copy photographs and documents, making it a versatile option for a range of users from photographers, home users and small businesses. The Canon Pixma G550 makes a great option for those who want the same printer capabilities without scanning or copying functions.
Rear paper feed capacity
A rear sheet feeder delivers automatic paper loading for up to 100 sheets. The printer accepts a range of document and photo papers, from 64gsm to 105gsm or supported genuine Canon papers which include:
- Photo Paper Pro Luster (LU-101)
- Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201)
- Matte Photo Paper (MP-101)
- Glossy Photo Paper (GP-501)
- Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss 4x6 (SG-201)
Users can also print onto a variety of restickable, magnetic and fabric media for added creative output.
Read our blog post which dives into more detail on this and the print only Canon MegaTank Photo Printers.
What’s in the box
PIXMA G650 Refillable MegaTank Inkjet Printer
6 high-yield dye-based ink bottles (1 x Black, 1x C/M/Y, 1 Red and 1 Grey)
Setup CD-ROM (CD only for Windows)
Manuals and other documents
Canon Pixma G650 Specifications
|Functions||Wi-Fi, Print, Scan & Copy, Cloud|
|Print Resolution||Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi|
|Print Technology||2 FINE Print Head (Left : BK/R/Gy, Right : C/M/Y)|
|Mono Print Speed||approx. 3.9 ipm|
|Colour Print Speed||approx. 3.9 ipm|
|Photo Print Speed||Borderless 4" x 6" (10x15cm) : Approx. 47 seconds|
|Two Sided Printing||Manual operation|
|Standard Ink Bottles||GI-53|
|Maximum Document Size||A4/LTR|
|Scanner Resolution (Optical)||600 x 1200 dpi|
|Multiple Copy||99 copies (max.)|
|Display||Full Dot LCD (Monochrome)|
The introduction of the Canon Pixma G650 MegaTank provides enthusiast photographers, small businesses and home users with a versatile 3-in-1 device. First and foremost it delivers excellent print quality at up to A4 size, perfect for printing your images onto a variety of media at different sizes, finishes and weights. The MegaTank concept from Canon has been devised to offer a low cost per page with low ongoing cost of ownership from six easy to refill, front facing ink tanks. The print head and maintenance tanks are also user-replaceable to keep maintenance costs far lower than printers which require the manufacturer to replace hardware.
This all-in-one printer includes the addition of a CIS flatbed scanner and copy functions, enabling business users to perform routine tasks as are often required for a small business. All of these functions can be made borderless if required, which means prints, copies and scans of documents and photos can reach to the very edge of the paper. WiFi connectivity adds yet more versatility with remote printing from various connected devices. We would heartily recommend the Pixma G650 as the only device you’ll need if you love printing your photos up to A4 and require extra multi-function capabilities.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.