Canon EOS M5 with EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM Lens Kit inc Adapter
This product has been discontinued.
Looking to trade in your camera equipment? Get a quote now!
Canon EOS M5 Mirrorless Camera + EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM Kit Lens & EF-EOS M Adapter Summary
|Canon EOS M5 Features In Detail|
While it shares the same number of megapixels as the EOS M3, the sensor in the EOS M5 is a brand new 24.2 MP APS-C sized CMOS sensor, which shares and similar technology to the one found in the EOS 80D. With an aspect ratio of 3:2 and a built in low-pass filter, it also benefits from Canon's EOS integrated cleaning system.
If the camera's sensor is its eyes, the processor is its brain. The M5 uses the DIGIC 7 processor, which is 14 times faster than the DIGIC 6. This will improve the bracketing speed, as well as meaning the M5 is capable of an impressive 7 frames per second shooting speed – the same as the 5D Mark IV – for up to 5.3 seconds.
The EOS M5 has a Dual Pixel CMOS AF system with phase detection built into the imaging sensor, this delivers DSLR level autofocus speeds and ensures precision tracking during sustained 7 frames per second shooting.
Additionally, the M5 utilises face and subject tracking via automatic recognition or manual selection via touchscreen.
With most modern cameras now offering a selection of wireless technologies and connectivity options, the EOS M5 is no exception. It supports Wi-Fi with Dynamic NFC support and advanced low energy Bluetooth. It also supports an HDMI connection and an external microphone via a 3.5mm jack.
This variety of connectivity means the M5 can be triggered via a phone acting as a remote and will automatically back-up images to cloud services, your computer, or smart device using Image Sync.
LCD Touchscreen & EVF
A nod to the M5's DSLR-like capabilities, is the 3.2" ClearView II touchscreen LCD with approximately 1,620k dots.
It's also tiltable up to 85 degrees up and 180 degrees down, showing that it is designed for and capable of shooting away from the eye, at waist level or from other angles.
This is almost the same screen that features in the 5D Mark IV (with the addition of tilt). It can be used to focus in Live View mode, and the focus point can even be dragged to adjust the focus right from the touchscreen.
Alongside the face detection feature, the touchscreen opens the M5 up to a whole host of shooting capabilities.
A high definition centrally positioned Electronic viewfinder with a very impressive 2,360k dot OLED screen ensures 100% coverage, further adding to the argument for electronic viewfinders by replicating the view an optical one can provide.
The Canon M5 shoots full HD cinematic movies at 60fps. The Dual Pixel CMOS AF offers precision tracking and combined with touch autofocus enables dramatic focus transitions. The in-camera 5-axis stabilisation system ensures steady footage even when using non-IS lenses.
Where the M5 blurs the lines between mirrorless cameras and DSLR cameras is in its build quality.
Canon's M5 is formed of a fully polycarbonate body, which alongside the reconfiguration of the dials, the slightly large grip, and the pentaprism-like electronic viewfinder module on top make the M5 reminiscent of an EOS DSLR, welcoming it warmly into the EOS family.
|What else is included in the box?|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.