Canon EOS C70 RF Mount Pro Video Cinema Camera
The Canon EOS C70 is the next generation RF Mount 4K Super 35mm Cinema EOS System camera with 120fps in 4K, 16+ stops dynamic range from Canon Log 2 and XF-AVC 410Mbps, sporting dual pixel CMOS AF.
- Compact and lightweight pro video camera supporting the latest video technologies
- Newly developed Super 35mm DGO 4K sensor with acclaimed Dual Pixel CMOS AF and 16+ stops dynamic range
- Versatile lens mount supporting the latest RF lenses together with existing EF lenses via an adaptor
- Versatile recording via dual SD card slots with mixed codec and relay recording
- 120fps in 4K with 180fps in 2K crop for beautiful, smooth high quality slow motion playback
Canon EOS C70 Summary
Canon is redefining the Cinema EOS System with the next generation EOS C70 pro video camera, which utilises the larger diameter RF mount. A newly developed Super 35mm DGO 4K sensor is designed to bridge interchangeable lens and Cinema Cameras, delivering acclaimed Dual Pixel CMOS AF alongside their latest video technologies in the ‘Chimera’ body. The EOS C70 pro video camera also provides lens versatility with either RF mount or EF via a new Mount Adaptor EF-EOS R 0.71x.
Canon’s RF mount benefits from a short back focus and 12 pin communication and the camera captures 4K 120P Slow Motion, 16+ stops High Dynamic Range from Canon Log 2 as well as integrated optical stabilisation with RF lenses. This is all from within a compact body weighing only 1170g. and measuring just 160mm x 130mm.
Dual UHS-II SD card slots enable simultaneous or relay recording while XF-AVC supports ALL-I and Long-GOP and MP4 recording offers further flexibility. The EOS C70 is aimed at production companies, documentary makers, news and interviews, corporate video and even social media productions and has been developed for ease of use combined with advanced features.
The camera body provides further versatility via a multifunctional grip with three dials and joystick as well as 13 customisable buttons and customisable RF lens control rings.
- 4K/120fps - Super 35mm CMOS sensor with low noise
- Dual Gain Output - 16+ stops of dynamic range
- RF Mount - Fast autofocus and improved image stabilisation
- 4K (4:2:2 10-bit) - Up to 410Mbps internal recording, supporting ALL-I and Long GOP formats
- MP4 (4:2:2 10-bit) - Up to 225Mbps internal recording, supporting Long GOP format and HVEC
- Dual SD Card slots - Pre-Rec. / Simultaneous Rec. / Relay Rec. / Mixed Codec Recording
- High Dynamic Range support - SMPTE ST 2084 and ITU-R BT.2100 (HLG/PQ)
- DIGIC DV 7 Processor
Canon EOS C70 In More Detail
Sensor Modes: Super 35 mm / Super 16 mm (Crop)
Dynamic Range: Canon Log 2: 1600% / 16+ stops. Canon Log 3: 1600% / 14 stops. Wide DR: 800% (at ISO 400)
Image Processor: DIGIC DV7
Peripheral illumination correction: Yes
Chromatic aberration correction: Yes
Distortion correction: Yes (RF lenses only)
Iris control (EF mount lenses): 1/2-stop, 1/3-stop or FINE control
Anamorphic Lens Support: Yes, x2.0 / x1.3
Image stabilisation system: Yes. Function depending on lens used, Digital 5-Axis IS for non IS lenses. Combination of Optical IS and Digital IS to give combined 5-Axis IS. IS performance depends on lens used
Internal Recording Media: SD card for XF-AVC or MP4 recording. Dual Slot recording.
SD card also used for Photo Storage (1920 x 1080), CP setting transfer and firmware update
High speed SD UHS-II cards recommended. V90 standard recommended for all recording functions
Recording time SD card, 512GB Approx: XF-AVC / MXF: 4096 x 2160: 410 Mbps 156 Mins
MP4 (HEVC): 4096 x 2160: 225 Mbps 285 Mins
MP4: 4096 x 2160: 150Mbps 428 Mins
XF-AVC (MXF) ALL-I or Long GOP, 4:2:2 10-bit.
MP4 H.265/HEVC, 4:2:2 10-bit
MP4 H.264, 4:2:0 8-bit
Relay Recording: Yes
Double Slot (simultaneous) Recording: Yes
Simultaneous recording in multiple formats: Yes, in Dual Recording Mode
Options Available: [XF-AVC / MP4] [All-I / Long GOP] [4:2:2 10-bit / 4:2:0 10-bit / 4:2:0 8-bit] [UHD / 2K / FHD]
System Frequency/ Frame Rates:
59.94Hz mode (59.94P / 59.94i / 29.97P / 23.98P)
50.00Hz mode (50.00P / 50.00i / 25.00P)
24.00 Hz mode (24.00P)
4K recording: up to 120FPS
2K (Crop) recording: up to 180 FPS
Audio recording at normal frame rate possible
Pre Record (cache record): Yes, 3 seconds (XF-AVC recording only)
OSD for Vertical Shooting: Yes, via menu or user assignable button
Wave Form Monitor: Yes. LCD or external output via HDMI.
Peaking: Peaking 1, Peaking 2 (Colour, Gain, Frequency customisable)
Zebra: Level 1; Level 2; Both Output via HDMI: Yes
Audio in: Mini XLR 3-pin connector x2 , 3.5 mm stereo mini jack (input only). Built in Stereo microphones on camera body
Headphone output: 3.5 mm stereo mini jack (output only, Camera Body)
HDMI: HDMI connector (type A) (output only)
USB: Yes, Type C (USB 3.2 Gen1) Connection for optional GPS Unit, or Third Party Wi-Fi, Ethernet adapters
Time code: BNC / HDMI
DC input: 24V DC IN
Remote Control Terminal: REMOTE A connector 2.5 mm stereo mini-mini jack (input only)
IP Streaming/FTP: Yes. IP streaming requires third-party optional USB-C to Ethernet converter and decoder transmission device. FTP via FT server. Transfer of clips on SD card (Media Mode)
Use LUT input: YES. Available for LCD Monitoring, or applied direct to recordings. Compatible with .CUBE LUT files
User Assignable Buttons: 13 Assignable buttons (numbered) on camera body. In excess of 80 options via the menu
ISO Sensitivity: 1-Stop Display: , 160(*), 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400, 12800, 25600, [51200, 102400] Displayed when ISO speed expansion is ON.
Auto Focus System: Dual Pixel CMOS AF, Contrast AF. Face Priority, Face Only and Tracking AF modes available
Recording Format: XF-AVC: Linear PCM (24-bit / 48 kHz, 4 channels) MP4: MPEG-2 AAC LC (16-bit, 48 kHz, 2-channel) / Linear PCM (16-bit, 48 kHz, 4-channel)
What else is included in the box?
- Mic holder unit
- Handle unit
- Compact power adapter CA-CP200L
- Battery Charger CG-A20 OTH
- AC cable
- Battery pack BP-A30
- Camera cover, shoe adapter knob, microphone holder screws.
Canon Control Ring Mount Adapter EF-EOS R
Canon Drop-In Filter Mount Adapter EF-EOS R
Mount Adaptor EF-EOS R 0.71x
|Offer Category: Video|
|Offer Product Type: Pro Video Cameras|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: N/A|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): N/A|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): N/A|
|Custom white balance: N/A|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: N/A|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: N/A|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: N/A|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: N/A|
|Microphone port: N/A|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: N/A|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: N/A|
|Number of white balance presets: N/A|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: N/A|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: N/A|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: N/A|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): N/A|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
The release of the new EOS C70 redefines Canon’s Cinema cameras with the adoption of the RF mount lens system. This mount provides key benefits including fully integrated body and lens image stabilisation alongside a newly developed CMOS sensor. The Super 35mm DGO sensor is capable of harnessing technologies available for pro level mirrorless and DSLR cameras, such as dual pixel CMOS AF with Face Detect and tracking.
High quality 4K video can be captured in-camera at various frame rates including in different codecs written simultaneously to dual SD cards. With 4K 4:2:2 10-bit at up to 410Mbps or MP4 - 4:2:2 10-bit up to 225Mbps, productions reach a higher level and boast dual gain output dynamic range of up to 16+ stops.
A built-in drop in ND filter system provides 2, 4 or 6 Stops and up to 10 stops in extended mode for shooting in brightly lit conditions. This is available alongside extensive professional interfaces including 2x pro audio XLR input terminals (with audio controls), mic, headphone, full size HDMI as well as a timecode/out terminal. Despite being an entry-level model in the pro Cinema camera line-up, the Canon EOS C70 provides high end 4K video from a truly versatile, compact production camera.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.