Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS II USM Lens
The Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II USM telephoto lens is a lightweight lens that offers great versatility. From Canon's famous L series, the Mark II features fluorine coating and improved image stabilisation.
- Tried and tested 70-200mm telephoto zoom range covers a broad range
- Fixed maximum aperture f/4 throughout for bright light gathering
- 5 stops of Image stabilisation for hand-held shooting
- Ring-shaped USM focus delivers excellent AF performance
- lightweight at 780 g allowing users to shoot all day and travel easily
Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II USM Telephoto lens summary
The Canon EF 70-200mm f / 4L IS II USM offers a versatile focal range in a lightweight package – perfect for portraits, closer sports and wildlife as well as landscape photography. Being L series, the lens has fantastic durability and an ergonomic design that Canon EF lenses are renowned for.
The f/4 aperture ensures you can capture amazing image quality with beautiful bokeh backgrounds, letting your subject stand out from the background.
- 70-200mm focal range
- Fixed maximum aperture f / 4
- Ring-shaped USM focus
- Image stabiliser –5 stops for shake free shots
- lightweight - weighs only 780 g
- Flourine coating reduces impact of water drops and dirt on front of the lens
- Super Spectra antireflex treatment eliminates reflections
- Fluorite lenses available in the lens can correct colour defects and ensure high resolution and contrast images
- 9-leaf circular aperture (enhances bokeh effect)
- Newly developed firmware for faster speed and accuracy and fast autofocus
- Focus can also be adjusted manually and allows a 1m close-up (compared to the predecessor's 1.2m).
Canon EF 70-200mm f / 4L IS II USM Telephoto lens features in detail
EF 70-200mm f / 4L IS II USM builds on the high standards set by the previous model. There is the superior design, durability and ergonomic design that Canon's are known for. The lens weighs only 780 grams and is perfect for shooting on the move.
The fluorine coating stumps away dirt and water drops on the front lens and the Super Spectra anti-reflex treatment eliminates reflections. The fluorite lenses available in the lens can correct colour defects and ensure high resolution and contrast images. The amazing and reliable image quality is invaluable when it comes to reducing the time of post-processing.
EF 70-200mm f / 4L IS II USM has a 9-leaf circular aperture that creates an attractive backdrop, makes the background blurred and enhances the subject itself.
The new image stabilization device is based on Canon 100-100mm f / 4.5-5.6L IS II USM design. It delivers the equivalent effect as with a 5-step shorter shutter speed, compared to the previous 3-step lens *.
EF 70-200mm f / 4L IS II USM uses a combination of a ring-shaped ultrasonic engine and third generation technology with new high performance CPU and newly developed firmware for faster speed and accuracy and fast autofocus
The focus can also be adjusted manually and allows focusing within 1m - compared to the predecessor's 1.2m. All these features make the EF 70-200mm f / 4L IS II USM perfect for discreet and accurate shooting – perfect for street photography. Compatible with Canon DSLR and EOS R mirrorless cameras with a mount adapter.
Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS II USM Lens Specifications
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Canon Lenses EF mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
At 780g this lens is particularly lightweight for a telephoto zoom and with a fixed wide aperture of f/4 throughout the range, it is a fantastic option for when discretion, quick focusing and clear results are required. What more could you wish for a wide range of photography subjects as diverse as travel, portraiture and landscapes?
The ergonomics are second to none, we love the manual focus-ring that facilitates fine adjustments to be made to the focus points, and the ergonomic design not only makes it user-friendly, but feels sturdy too. At around half the weight of the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM lens, the loss of 1 stop of light is worth the weight saving to many users. Add in the convenient 77 mm filter thread, weather resistant construction and image stabilisation and we feel this is an excellent choice for Canon users.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.