Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM Telephoto Lens
The Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM telephoto zoom lens is one of Canon's most popular lenses, part of the L series, famous for image quality, ergonomic design and durability.
- Flexible 70-200mm zoom range for a broad number of telephoto subjects
- Fixed bright aperture of f/2.8 throughout the range for low light performance
- Ring-shaped USM focus provides quick, quiet and accurate focusing
- Image stabilisation equivalent to 3.5 stops for anti-shake compensation
- Durable weatherproof construction for outdoor use
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM Summary
The Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM offers a versatile focal range with a wide aperture that allows for outstanding image quality. The wide aperture allows you to isolate subjects with beautiful bokeh filled backgrounds.
Canon's L series lenses are renown for image quality, ergonomic design and durability.
- 70-200mm focal range
- Fixed maximum aperture f / 2.8
- Ring-shaped USM focus
- Image stabilizer –3.5 stops
- USM engine provides quiet autofocus at outstanding speeds
- Durable weatherproof construction
- Flourine coating reduces impact of water drops and dirt on front of the lens
- Super Spectra antireflex treatment eliminates reflections
- Fluorite lenses available in the lens can correct colour defects and ensure high resolution and contrast images
- 9-leaf circular aperture (enhances bokeh effect)
- Newly developed firmware for faster speed and accuracy and fast auto focus
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM Features in detail
The Canon EF 70-200mm f / 2.8L IS III USM makes the photographers experience even stronger. The lens was designed with high performance and durability in mind and suits photographers looking for a high-quality telephoto lens that can capture precise details. The lens sealing gaskets make it a perfect choice for challenging conditions. It is protected against moisture and dust - the front and rear lenses are protected by fluorine coatings and are easy to clean.
Capture more with a wide aperture
The lens opens up a whole world of creative possibilities with its large 8-leaf circular aperture of f/ 2.8. Now the photographer can raise sharp objects against silky, blurred backgrounds. With premium fluorite and UD glass, the EF 70-200mm f / 2.8L IS III USM delivers high contrast and excellent resolution. Photographers can feel completely confident in delivering that perfect image. Low light captures are also no problem, thanks to the lens's maximum aperture f / 2.8, which is constant throughout the zoom range and emits twice as much light as an f / 4 lens.
Image Stabilisation & manual focus ring
The 3.5-step image stabilizer compensates for blur caused by motion. An annular USM engine provides quiet autofocus at outstanding speeds, and manual adjustments can be made at any time by a simple twist on the focus ring.
Telephoto zoom lens
Focal length range
f/2.8 - f/32
Angle of view
Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal)
29° - 10°,
19°30' - 7°,
34° - 12°
Lens construction (elements/groups)
88.8 x 199mm
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Canon Lenses EF mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 89|
|Length (mm): 199|
|Weight (g): 1440|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: Yes|
|Focal length: 70 - 200 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 200|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): 2.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 70|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 1.2|
|Minimum aperture (number): 32|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 8|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: Five fluorite and five UD elements, ASC and fluorine coatings|
|Tripod collar: Yes|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Canon’s 70-200mm f/2.8 has long been one of Canon’s most popular lenses, thanks to the build quality, outstanding clarity and colour reproduction. The wide aperture provides standout images – perfect for everything from wildlife to portraiture.
The ergonomics are second-to-none – we love the manual focus-ring that allows for fine adjustments to be made to the focus points, and the design not only makes it user-friendly, but feels sturdy too.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.