Canon DM-E1D Multi-function Shoe Directional Stereo Microphone
The Canon DM-E1D Multi-function Shoe Directional Stereo Microphone is a cable and battery-free mic for a camera hot shoe, which provides a clean, crisp and immersive digital signal for your audience.
- Lightweight 136g on-camera microphone which slides into the hot shoe for a stable connection
- High quality digital audio with crisp, clean results and immersive audio for your audience
- Cable-free and battery-free operation so you never run out of power in the microphone when recording
- Select mic menu button, then the menu appears on your camera LCD for easy setting changes
- Choose from different directional settings depending on the space you are recording in
Canon DM-E1D Multi-function Shoe Directional Stereo Mic Summary
You can now capture clean, crisp and immersive audio with the Canon DM-E1D Multi-function Shoe Directional Stereo Microphone. The mic slides onto a newer Canon multi-function hot shoe as found on the Canon EOS R3 or EOS R5 C and requires no cables or batteries for a reliable, secure connection. Digital signal processing results in cleaner audio with a richer experience for your audience. This can also be used with new APS-C format cameras including the Canon EOS R7 with the AD-E1 Multi-function Shoe Adapter.
The Canon DM-E1D is a completely cable-free and battery-free camera microphone, drawing power directly from the body so you’ll never have to worry about changing mic batteries midway through recording. There are three modes of directional pick-up for added versatility and you’re able to switch between shotgun (monaural), 90° or 120° stereo for different sized locations.
- Cleaner Digital audio recording
- No cables needed through a direct hot shoe connection
- No batteries needed as the mic is powered by the camera
- Choose from Shotgun (mono), 90° or 120° for different needs
- Control the microphone with a menu on the camera’s LCD screen
What’s in the box
- Canon DM-E1D Multi-function Shoe Directional Stereo Microphone
- Wind screen
- Shoe cover
Canon DM-E1D Stereo Microphone Specifications
|Microphone type||Back-electret-condenser type stereo microphone|
|Directional sound pick-up||Shotgun (Monaural) 90° and 120° (Stereo)|
|SHOTGUN||-16dB (1kHz, 0db=1V/Pa)|
|90°||-18.7dB (1kHz, 0db=1V/Pa)|
|120°||-20dB (1kHz, 0db=1V/Pa)|
|Frequency SHOTGUN||100 Hz - 10000 kHz|
|90°||100 Hz - 10000 kHz|
|120°||100 Hz - 10000 kHz|
|S/N ratio||62 dB or higher (1 kHz, 1 Pa)|
|Analogue / Digital||Digital|
|Sampling frequency||48 kHz|
|Output terminal||Multi-Function foot|
|Mounting shoe||Multi-Function shoe only|
|Power consumption||0.11 W|
|Size (W x H x D), mm||41.3 x 87.4 x 108.6mm|
|Weight (Body only, excluding batteries)||Approx. 136g|
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.