B+W 95mm XS-Pro Digital HTC Circular Polarizer Ksemann MRC nano
The high transmission (HT) B+W 95mm XS-Pro Käsemann HT Circular Polariser MRC-Nano Filter is a high quality lens filter ideal for landscape photography and serves to reduce glare from wet surfaces.
B+W 95mm XS-Pro Käsemann HT Circular Polariser MRC-Nano Filter Summary
This high transmission (HT) B+W 95mm XS-Pro Käsemann HT Circular Polariser MRC-Nano Filter absorbs light oscillation directions instead of light wavelengths (as a colour filter does).
For this high-end polarising filter the foil pieces are selected individually for maximum colour neutrality. Following cementing between high-grade optical glass, additional grinding and polishing takes place. This guarantees outstanding sharpness even with very bright, apochromatic lenses. The latest cementing technique ensures lasting stability even in damp climates. The new generation of Käsemann High Transmission (HTC) polarising filters is fitted with a new polarising foil which has higher translucency (transmission), yet still provides outstanding effectiveness. The filter extension factor is only 2 to 3, equivalent to approx. 1 to 1.5 f-stops. Available in the F-Pro filter mount exclusively with MRC; in the XS-Pro mount exclusively with MRC nano.
Radiant white clouds against a deep blue sky or saturated fall colours are no coincidence. Polarising filters (pol filters for short) block the bluish grey veil from the diffusely polarised light of the sky. They augment the purity of true colours and increase colour saturation. Polarising filters are amongst the most important filters in (digital) photography. They can be rotated in the mount, allowing the visible regulation of the elimination effect in the viewfinder or on the display. The filter factor of a polarising filter is approx. between 4 and 8, equivalent to nearly three f-stops. With the High Transmission Käsemann HTC polarising filter the filter factor is approx. 2 to 3, which is equivalent to approx. 1 to 1.5 f-stops. The maximum effect is achieved at a shooting angle of 90° to the sun. For an even effect in the picture, 35 mm (or 28 mm in 35 mm film format) should be the minimum. The second beneficial effect of pol filters is the reduction of reflections on non-metallic surfaces (water, shop windows, lacquer). Objects behind these surfaces, including writing behind reflecting lacquer, are made visible a fascinating way to enhance images without using photo editing.
For landscape photography maximum polarisation is achieved when shooting at 90° to the sun. For an even effect in the picture, because of uneven skylight polarisation, the focal length should not be less than 28 mm on a full frame camera. Any wider and you may see an uneven polarising effect, which looks both unnatural and is hard to remove in post.
Browse our full range of B+W filters here and why not try the same filter thread sized B+W 95mm XS-Pro UV Haze MRC-Nano 010M Filter which serves to protect a lens whilst also filtering ultraviolet rays or the B+W 95mm XS-Pro Clear MRC-Nano 007 Filter which is totally clear and has no filtration effect.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Polarising Filters|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.