Atomos Ninja HDR Monitor Recorder
The next generation Atomos Ninja HDR Monitor Recorder for DSLR & mirrorless cameras is a 5-inch, 1000nit HDR monitor-recorder, which boasts a new AtomOS 11 operating system and records to 6K ProRes RAW, ProRes, DNxHD and H.265.
- All-new monitor-recorder for professional productions, which features a new OS and additional features
- Stylish new camo-colour polycarbonate body, which is lightweight, tough and reliable and a 5.2-inch 10-bit 1000nits HDR monitor
- Support for 6K ProRes RAW, ProRes, DNxHD and H.265 as standard
- Compatible with virtually any DSLR and mirrorless camera on the market which features an HDMI-output
- New tools to arrange in advance recording and playback with RecordAssist and PlayBackAssist
Atomos Ninja HDR Monitor Recorder Summary
The next generation video monitor and recorder from Australian based technology company Atomos arrives in the form of the Atomos Ninja HDR Monitor Recorder. It comes with an entirely new AtomOS 11 operating system, which is optimised to be cleaner and faster. It also brings a series of new features, such as EL Zone exposure referenced colourised image, ARRI False Colour, and new scheduled playback & recording tools.
The recorder now includes more codecs as standard, rather being paid-for options, including 6K ProRes RAW, ProRes, DNxHD as well as H.265. This Atomos Ninja HDR Monitor Recorder is compatible with virtually every DSLR or mirrorless camera, whereas the Atomos Ninja Ultra HDR Monitor Recorder is better suited to 8K cinematic workflows and camera to cloud technology.
Adding an Atomos Connect expansion module (Sept 2023) enables a brand new technology – Atomos RemoteView, which lets you share live views from your screen with other Atomos monitors for remote viewing and direction. It also works wirelessly with iPads, Macs and Apple TVs with game-changing capabilities for remote production.
Key Atomos Ninja HDR Monitor Recorder Features
- Next generation 5-inch, 1000nit HDR monitor-recorder
- 5.2-inch 1920 x 1080 SuperAtom IPS panel (capacitive touch)
- Features a completely new AtomOS 11 operating system
- Includes more codes as standard with 6K ProRes RAW, ProRes, DNxHD and H.265
- Works with virtually any mirrorless or DSLR camera with HDMI-output
- Backwards-compatible with Ninja V and Ninja V+
- Compatible with Atomos Connect (Sept 2023) for game changing remote production
Atomos Ninja HDR Monitor Recorder in More Detail
All-new device for filmmakers and video creators
The next generation Atomos Ninja HDR Monitor Recorder is a lightweight, tough and reliable device with a new modern clean interface, which is compatible with a huge range of HDMI-output cameras. It enables you to record in 4Kp60 in Apple ProRes, Avid DNxHD, and now H.265 (HEVC) and up to 6Kp30 in Apple ProRes RAW.
New AtomOS 11 OS
An all-new operating system improves memory management, boosts responsiveness, and provides a host of new features. These include an industry leading suite of monitoring tools to enhance your workflow. AtomOS Monitor Assist features include Focus Peaking, Zoom, Vector-scopes and Atomos and ARRI False Colour, EL Zone colourised exposure through to Safe Areas, Cine Guides and AtomHDR processing engine that allows realtime Log>PQ/HLG previewing and more.
Built-in AtomX expansion port
The expansion port offers an ecosystem of SDI connectivity and NDI workflows with Atomos Connect and AtomX Cast.
Capture your vision with Ninja
Ninja brings creativity to life in all of your projects, from cinematic to social media, HDR and SDR. It pairs flawlessly with a huge range of HDMI-equipped cameras, from professional cinema to mirrorless.
Record like a Ninja
Ninja is the ultimate field monitor for on-the-go film and video creators who value high quality industry standard codecs like ProRes and ProRes RAW. The Ninja’s state-of-the-art screen maintains clarity and colour in the brightest of conditions and displays bright, clear HDR images for on-set or on-location monitoring
Next level compact monitor-recorder
The Atomos Ninja HDR features a stunningly bright 5.2-inch 10-bit HDR monitor with 1000nits brightness. A sleek and durable aluminium body weighs just 360g and is only 25mm deep for easy mounting onto any rig.
Unlock the full potential of your camera
Ninja’s wide range of codecs makes it compatible with all major editing software packages. Virtually any HDMI or SDI source is supported, including cameras from Nikon, FujiFilm, Canon, Panasonic, Sony, Z-Cam, Sigma, Olympus, RED and ARRI.
Ninja and ProRes RAW as standard
Over 55 cameras now support RAW recording over HDMI on the Ninja and this list is still growing. Apple ProRes RAW combines the visual and workflow benefits of RAW video with the incredible real-time performance of ProRes. It gives filmmakers enormous latitude to adjust look of their images, making it ideal for HDR workflows. The new Apple ProRes RAW plug-in adds camera-specific characteristics to the mix.
Ninja owners can now record RAW over SDI with compatible cameras using the Atomos Connect module.
These new features make the Ninja even more versatile, providing professional I/O options for a multitude of cameras – from entry level mirrorless cameras through to the latest compact cinema and high-end professional models.
Ninja and Atomos Connect module
Add an Atomos Connect module to the Ninja to access to cloud workflows like C2C, Atomos Edit and Atomos RemoteView via Atomos Cloud Studio. Connect also features 12G-SDI, AirGlu wireless timecode and control, Wi-Fi 6 and GigE Ethernet
Access to Atomos RemoteView with a subscription to Atomos Cloud Services, using Atomos Credits for a simple 'pay as you go service'. Atomos RemoteView is a unique new service that lets you share what’s on your Atomos screen with other Atomos users, as well as with iPads, Macs and Apple TVs wirelessly. You can monitor what’s happening on-set and look through the camera taking the shot. What’s more, you can do this remotely from anywhere in the world. It’s a new degree of creative freedom for filmmakers.
NDI with Atomos Connect
NDI is a way to send video over ordinary networks (including Wi-Fi and Mobile) in high quality but with remarkably low bandwidth requirements. It’s increasingly used in live production, and now your Ninja can take part in an NDI network. The NDI TX option turns your Connect-enabled Ninja into an NDI source, visible to all other NDI compatible devices on the local network.
Record 4K HDR gaming
Ninja is a stand-alone system for 4K UHD, HDR and high frame rate capture that eliminates expensive, complicated and unreliable PC setups. Ninja enables simple recording, monitoring and instant review. Capture every detail in HDR and automatically include all the correct HDR flags ready for upload to YouTube. Ideal for games development testing, pre-release capture sessions or just to show off your skills!
What’s in the box
- Atomos Ninja HDR Monitor Recorder
- Master Caddy 3
- Battery Eliminator
- USB C to PD cable locking 2M
- Quick Start Guide
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.