Atomos Ninja Ultra HDR Monitor Recorder
The Atomos Ninja Ultra HDR Monitor Recorder suits camera to cloud technology as well as cinematic workflows, and can record full-quality files to ProRes RAW up to 8K 30P, 6K 60P and 4K 120P.
- State-of-the-art monitor recorder which features an updated operating system which is sleeker and faster
- 5.2-inch 10-bit HDR monitor with 1000nits for daylight viewing and a camo-colour polycarbonate body, weighing just 360g
- Video-assist tools now include Focus Peaking, Zoom, Vectorscopes and Atomos and ARRI False Colour
- Bring out the best of your camera with the ability to capture ProRes RAW up to 8K 30P, 6K 60P and 4K 120P
- Includes a host of codecs as standard, such as ProRes RAW, ProRes, DNxHD & H.265 (HEVC)
Atomos Ninja Ultra HDR Monitor Recorder Summary
The Atomos Ninja Ultra HDR Monitor Recorder is the next generation video monitor and recorder from Australian-based Atomos who lead the market with their video technology. It features a clean, fast new operation system AtomOS 11, which brings improved memory management and a wealth of additional features. Enhanced tools like RecordAssist and PlayBackAssist support pre-arranged or remote shots, while advanced false colour options like Arri False Color and EL Zone align with contemporary creators' requirements.
The updated device now enables you to record full-quality files to ProRes RAW up to 8K 30P, 6K 60P and 4K 120P, with a host of new codecs included as standard, such as ProRes RAW, ProRes, DNxHD & H.265 (HEVC).
Adding an Atomos Connect expansion module (Sept 2023) enables a brand new technology – Atomos RemoteView, which lets you share live views from your screen with other Atomos monitors for remote viewing and direction. It also works wirelessly with iPads, Macs and Apple TVs with game-changing capabilities for remote production.
Key Atomos Ninja Ultra HDR Monitor Recorder Features
- Capture ProRes RAW up to 8K 30P, 6K 60P and 4K 120P
- Flexible choice of codecs including ProRes RAW, ProRes, DNxHD & H.265 (HEVC) as standard
- Capture 4Kp60 ProRes RAW & H.265 simultaneously with optional Atomos Connect, coming September 2023
- 5.2-inch 1920 x 1080 SuperAtom IPS panel (capacitive touch)
- Features a completely new streamlined AtomOS 11 operating system
- includes new features with one-touch operation like SegmentPro, EL Zone and ARRI False colour
- Supports virtually any HDMI or SDI source
- Tough polycarbonate body which weighs only 360g
Atomos Ninja Ultra HDR Monitor Recorder in More Detail
Capture your vision with the Ninja Ultra
The Atomos Ninja Ultra HDR Monitor Recorder brings your creativity to life in every project, from cinematic to social media, HDR and SDR. It pairs flawlessly with a huge range of HDMI-equipped cameras, including professional cinema cameras and mirrorless.
Record with the ultimate monitor recorder
Ninja Ultra is the ultimate field monitor for on-the-go film and video creators who value high quality industry standard codecs like ProRes and ProRes RAW. The Ninja’s state-of-the-art screen maintains clarity and colour in the brightest conditions and displays bright, clear HDR images for on-set or on-location monitoring
Updated compact device
The Atomos Ninja Ultra features a stunningly bright 5.2-inch 10-bit HDR monitor with 1000nits brightness. Sleek and durable, the aluminium body weighs just 360g and is only 25mm deep for easy mounting on any rig.
New AtomOS 11
Introducing a new version of operating system, AtomOS 11, which is built uniquely for the new Ninja Ultra, it not only looks amazing, but introduces a host of great new features.
Atomos has made the tools more visible and improved the look of the icons so you know exactly what you’re selecting. It’s easier to use, more logical and feels more professional.
Endless new features
The Ninja Ultra offers a huge range of features that can enhance your workflow, including AtomOS Monitor Assist features like Focus Peaking, Zoom, Vectorscopes and Atomos and ARRI False Color, EL Zone colourised exposure through to Safe Areas, Cine Guides and our AtomHDR processing engine that allows realtime Log>PQ/HLG previewing and more.
Ninja Ultra unlocks the full potential of your camera
Ninja Ultra’s wide range of codecs makes it compatible with all major editing software packages. Virtually any HDMI or SDI source is supported, including cameras from Nikon, FujiFilm, Canon, Panasonic, Sony, Z-Cam, Sigma, Olympus, RED and ARRI.
Up to 8K ProRes RAW
Over 55 cameras now support RAW recording over HDMI on the Ninja and this list is still growing. Apple ProRes RAW combines the visual and workflow benefits of RAW video with the incredible real-time performance of ProRes. It gives filmmakers enormous latitude to adjust look of their images, making it ideal for HDR workflows. The new Apple ProRes RAW plug-in adds camera-specific characteristics to the mix.
Ninja Ultra and Atomos Connect module
Add an Atomos Connect module to the Ninja Ultra to access to cloud workflows like C2C, Atomos Edit and Atomos RemoteView via Atomos Cloud Studio. Connect also features 12G-SDI, AirGlu wireless timecode and control, Wi-Fi 6E and GigE Ethernet
Access to Atomos RemoteView with a subscription to Atomos Cloud Services, using Atomos Credits for a simple 'pay as you go service'. Atomos RemoteView is a unique new service that lets you share what’s on your Atomos screen with other Atomos users, as well as with iPads, Macs and Apple TVs wirelessly. You can monitor what’s happening on-set and look through the camera taking the shot. What’s more, you can do this remotely from anywhere in the world. It’s a new degree of creative freedom for filmmakers.
NDI is a way to send video over ordinary networks (including Wi-Fi and Mobile) in high quality but with remarkably low bandwidth requirements. It’s increasingly used in live production, and now your Ninja Ultra can take part in an NDI network. The NDI 4K TX option turns your Connect-enabled Ninja Ultra into an NDI 4K source, visible to all other NDI compatible devices on the local network.
4K 60p ProRes RAW and HD 60p H.265 Dual Record Codecs with Atomos Connect
Now you can record your primary file at up to 4Kp60 in ProRes RAW. Parallel recording with RAW and H.265 has always been a major request from users, especially for scripted work and dailies. Now you can record up to 4K 60p ProRes RAW to the SSD in the Ninja Ultra while simultaneously recording and uploading HDp60 H.265 files to Camera to Cloud. It’s the best of both worlds.
New 4K C2C mode lets you upload H.265 files up to 4Kp60 with an attached Atomos Connect
With the new 4K C2C mode you can record and upload much higher resolution and frame rate clips to C2C than ever before. Save crucial time by uploading high quality 4Kp60 H.265 files up to 30mbps (ACS subscription tier dependent) to C2C as your primary working file. Think sports or events to get HQ content edited and published as fast as possible. No longer do you have to wait for a near instantaneous 4K C2C edit. Using Atomos Progressive Upload technology ensures no time is wasted
Atomos SDICine with Atomos Connect
Automated matching filenames, timecode and record trigger from ARRI, Canon, RED and Sony SDI cameras.
Previously, Camera to Cloud relied on matching filenames with hero and proxy files made by AtomOS. Now, thanks to cooperation with ARRI, Canon, RED and Sony, Atomos Camera to Cloud files are matched back to the original in-camera (OCF) filenames, enabling a seamless process when conforming C2C or SSD proxy files in the edit with camera files. Total flexibility of recording files wherever makes sense for your workflow. On camera or on Atomos, the choice is yours.
RAW SDI for Ninja Ultra with Atomos Connect
Ninja Ultra owners can now benefit from the ability to record RAW over SDI with compatible cameras using the Atomos Connect module.
Enhanced metadata support from ARRI, Canon, RED and Sony Cine cameras, with a dual record codec for a Proxy workflow
These new features bring even more versatility to the Ninja Ultra, providing professional I/O options for a multitude of cameras – from entry level mirrorless cameras through to the latest compact cinema and high-end professional cameras.
4K NDI with Atomos Connect
NDI is a way to send video over ordinary networks (including Wi-Fi and Mobile) in high quality but with remarkably low bandwidth requirements. It’s increasingly used in live production, and now your Ninja can take part in an NDI network. The NDI 4K TX option turns your Connect-enabled Ninja Ultra into an NDI 4K source, visible to all other NDI compatible devices on the local network.
Supercharge your Wi-Fi connection to Atomos Cloud Studio with Atomos Connect
With lower latency, higher throughput and a more stable connection, WiFi 6E boosts cloud video workflows. All other Wi-Fi variants share the same two radio frequency bands: 2.4 GHz and 5GHz, but Wi-Fi 6E also occupies 6GHz. Only Wi-Fi 6E devices use this frequency, so they have no competition from legacy Wi-Fi formats.
Wi-Fi 6E is less prone to interference and works over a longer range. All things being equal, users will have at least twice the bandwidth available at a given distance from the transmitter.
The new format also offers lower latency and can make more simultaneous connections to Wi-Fi 6E routers. Wi-Fi 6E is backwards compatible with previous Wi-Fi versions, but its extended capabilities will only be available when connecting to other Wi-Fi 6E equipment.
What’s in the box
- Atomos Ninja Ultra HDR Monitor Recorder
- Master Caddy 3
- Battery Eliminator
- USB C to PD cable locking 2M
- Quick Start Guide
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.