- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
3 Legged Thing Charles 2.0 Aluminium Tripod Legs Darkness
Legged Thing Charles 2.0 Aluminium Tripod Legs Darkness offers a high 40kg payload for heavy equipment and versatile modular design, which converts to a tabletop tripod, boom pole and monopod.
Earn 249 Park Points
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- Low 2.12kg tripod weight, which supports up to 40kg of equipment for landscapes, astro photography and more
- Innovative module design which converts to a monopod, boom pole and even a mini tabletop tripod
- Removable and reversible centre column can be switched for ground-level shooting for macro and unique angles
- High 2m maximum extended reach caters for tall photographers and allows you to shoot on slopes and hills
- Includes maintenance multitool, protective carry bag with detachable, adjustable shoulder strap and even a bottle opener!
3 Legged Thing Charles 2.0 Aluminium Tripod Legs Darkness Summary
3 Legged Thing is a British designer of innovative tripods and the 3 Legged Thing Charles 2.0 Aluminium Tripod Legs Darkness continues the trend as a well considered, stable tripod system. It is available as these legs-only for anyone who owns their perfect tripod head, or as a Charles 2.0 Aluminium Tripod and AirHed Pro Kit, both of which come in 3LT’s new black ‘darkness’ colour.
The tripod legs are versatile and extremely stable, made from aerospace grade magnesium alloy and boasting a modular design. This enables the system to be converted to create a tabletop mini tripod, monopod and boom pole, while the removable / reversible centre column can be switched for ground-level shooting.
Charles 2.0 also boasts an impressive 18:1 load to weight ratio with a high 40kg maximum load capacity, ensuring it will support everything needed to capture landscapes, astro and studio work.
Key 3 Legged Thing Charles 2.0 Tripod Features
- Incredibly stable aluminium tripod for use during any outdoor conditions
- Maximum extended height of nearly 2 metres / 6 ft
- Impressive 40kg load capacity and load to weight ratio of 18:1
- Removable centre column for ground-level shooting
- Legs and column made from aerospace grade magnesium alloy
- 3 detachable legs convert to monopod, booms or a tabletop tripod
- Individually adjustable leg angles for use on various terrains
- Easy to take apart for maintenance and cleaning
- Unique Parallel leg locks with cap to prevent accidental disassembly
- Patented Tri-mount plate with multiple mounting points
- Double-ended mounting bolt with 3/8”-16 and 1/4”-20 threads
- 5 year warranty
3 Legged Thing Charles 2.0 Aluminium Tripod Legs Darkness in More Detail
Versatile modular system
The Tripod continues 3 Legged Thing’s trend of being convertible, with a detachable column and all there detachable legs. This provides a versatile tripod system, which adapts to any shooting situation, whether you need a tall landscape tripod or use it in ultra compact table top mode.
3 Legged Thing accessory ecosystem
Charles 2.0 comes with Rubber Bootz interchangeable footwear with 1/4"-20 thread, which is compatible with a wide range of tripod accessories. These include footwear for every type of surface such as Stainless Steel Stilettoz, which are premium steel knurled edge long spikes and shorter 3 Legged Thing Heelz.
What’s in the box
- Charles 2.0 Magnesium Alloy Professional Tripod Legs (Black Darkness colour)
- Premium clamshell-style protective carry bag with detachable, adjustable shoulder strap
- Toolz carabiner multitool with Hex Key, Coin Turn, and Bottle Opener
We love 3 Legged Thing’s latest Darkness black colour, which sets-off Charles 2.0 Tripod Legs perfectly and this system follows 3LT’s trend of being incredibly versatile, modular and stable. Stability is aided by the use of high-quality Aerospace grade Magnesium Alloy, which is not only robust, but provides a high 40kg payload. This maximum load capacity should be ample for the majority of photographers who shoot with even a long telephoto lens and professional gripped camera body.
A high payload, 2m extended height and excellent stability make these legs a brilliant choice for photographers who capture landscapes, astro and shoot in the studio. However content creators will also find these legs extremely useful thanks to the ability to convert the legs into a monopod, boompole and table top tripod. Charles 2.0 is also a solid choice for macro and close-up photographers thanks to the ability to reverse the centre column for low level shooting.
If you already have a tripod head these Charles 2.0 Tripod Legs could make the perfect system to capture rock-steady shots with almost any equipment load.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.