- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
3 Legged Thing Charles 2.0 Aluminium Tripod and AirHed Pro Kit
The 3 Legged Thing Charles 2.0 Aluminium Tripod and AirHed Pro Kit in darkness (black) is an incredibly stable modular tripod, which is ideal for landscape, astrophotography, studio sessions and more.
Earn 319 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- Sturdy aerospace grade magnesium alloy tripod legs and column, which is ideal for high payloads up to 40kg
- All-in-one tripod system, which is versatile and modular for conversion into a tabletop tripod, boom and monopod
- Removable centre column for ground level shooting and a high maximum extended reach of just under 2m
- Kit includes a smooth 360º panning Arca Swiss compatible ball head with equally high 40kg load capacity
- Kit includes everything required for shooting and maintenance with a multitool and even a bottle opener!
3 Legged Thing Charles 2.0 Aluminium Tripod and AirHed Pro Kit Summary
The 3 Legged Thing Charles 2.0 Aluminium Tripod and AirHed Pro Kit is an incredibly stable modular tripod, which has been designed for landscapes, astro, studio and other types of photography which require a stable system. The legs and column are made from Aerospace grade Magnesium Alloy for which 3 Legged Thing are well known, and the tripod is quick and easy to set up with 3-section legs and a single section removable column. The ability to remove the centre column supports ground-level shooting for macro and creative angles, whilst all three legs also detach, in order to convert into a monopod or table top tripod.
Charles 2.0 also boasts an impressive 18:1 load to weight ratio, which enables it to support up to 40kg of equipment, which matches the ultra-strong 3 Legged Thing AirHed Pro ball head, which is included in this kit. The individually adjustable leg angles work seamlessly on uneven terrain and the tripod can reach a maximum height of 1.94m to support tall photographers and shooting on slopes.
Key 3 Legged Thing Charles 2.0 Aluminium Tripod Features
- Incredibly stable aluminium tripod for use during any conditions outdoors
- Maximum extended height of nearly 2 metres / 6 ft
- Impressive 40kg load capacity and load to weight ratio of 18:1
- Removable centre column for ground-level shooting
- Legs and column made from aerospace grade magnesium alloy
- 3 detachable legs convert to monopod, booms or tabletop tripod
- Individually adjustable leg angles for use on various terrains
- Easy to take apart for maintenance and cleaning
- Unique Parallel leg locks with cap to prevent accidental disassembly
- Patented Tri-mount plate with multiple mounting points
- Double-ended mounting bolt with 3/8”-16 and 1/4”-20 threads
- 5 year warranty
Key 3 Legged Thing AirHed Pro Features
- Arca-Swiss compatible tripod ball head with 360º panning function
- Quick release plate
- Load capability up to 40kg
- Built-in Bubble level
- Colour-coordinated controls for intuitive operation day or night
3 Legged Thing Charles 2.0 Aluminium Tripod and AirHed Pro Kit in More Detail
Versatile modular system
The Tripod (which is also available as Charles 2.0 Aluminium tripod legs only) continues 3 Legged Thing’s trend of being convertible, with a detachable column and all there detachable legs. This provides a versatile tripod system, which adapts to any shooting situation, whether you need a tall landscape tripod or use it in ultra compact table top mode.
3 Legged Thing accessory ecosystem
Charles 2.0 comes with Rubber Bootz interchangeable footwear with 1/4"-20 thread, which is compatible with a wide range of tripod accessories. These include footwear for every type of surface such as Stainless Steel Stilettoz, which are premium steel knurled edge long spikes and shorter 3 Legged Thing Heelz.
Airhed Pro ball head
3 Legged Thing’s AirHed Pro features a knurled knob, which is used to control the ball head, which can be tightened in a variety of positions, whilst able to rotate 360 ̊ on its base. The control knob tightens the clamp, so users can be sure that the camera is held securely in place and there’s even a bubble level, to help with composition alignment.
Highlight features include:
- Tested to support top-down loads of 40kg for supreme stability
- A detachable twist clamp can be mounted directly on to the Tri-mount plate for greater versatility when being used as a tripod or converted to a monopod
- Aerospace-grade magnesium alloy ball with smooth locking mechanism makes operation quick and fluid
- The head features colour-coordinated knobs to make it easy to identify at any time
- The twist clamp can be removed from the AirHed and used on any 3/8" threaded device
- AirHed Pro has a powerful locking mechanism without requiring excessive force to lock
What’s in the box
- Charles 2.0 Magnesium Alloy Tripod
- AirHed Pro Arca-Swiss compatible ball head
- Premium clamshell-style protective carry bag with detachable, adjustable shoulder strap
- Toolz carabiner multitool with Hex Key, Coin Turn and Bottle Opener
- QR Octa Arca-Swiss compatible quick-release plate with 1/4"-20 screw thread
- Microfibre Head Bag
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Please note that, due to calculations, your monthly repayment may differ very slightly from what you were expecting. Please check your monthly repayment figure before proceeding
Missed or late payments will result in fees and additional interest on your loan and can also affect your credit file and your ability to obtain credit in the future.
Credit is subject to status, UK only, 18+
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Duologi.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
Whether you capture landscapes, astro, studio work or other types of photography where a stable tripod is required, the 3 Legged Thing Charles 2.0 Aluminium Tripod and AirHed Pro Kit is a worthy choice. The tripod legs are made from high-quality aerospace grade magnesium alloy, which is stable, durable and strong. Charles 2.0 also features innovative modular conversion into a boom, monopod or tabletop tripod, as well as the ability to shoot extremely low to the ground with the column reversed. With a maximum extended height of nearly 2 metres you have every possible shooting situation covered, including hills and slopes.
These innovations aside, 3 Legged Thing engineer their equipment to withstand high loads of camera equipment and both the Charles 2.0 legs and AirHed Pro ball head have a maximum top down payload of 40kg. This is ample for even the heaviest of professional camera bodies and longer telephoto lenses which are needed for landscape photography. The professional ball head is equally sturdy with a smooth 360º panning action and Arca Swiss compatibility, which complements this kit perfectly for photographers who need a stable and extremely versatile all-in-one tripod solution.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.