Zoom H3-VR 360 VR Audio Recorder
The Zoom H3-VR 360 VR Recorder for virtual reality audio provides a built-in Ambisonic 360° mic, recorder and decoder, putting 24 bit/96 kHz audio in the palm of your hand for mixed-reality content.
VR Audio, You've Arrived.
Whether you’re a game developer, filmmaker or musician, virtual reality is the undeniable future of content creation. While 360-video is exploding in popularity, the ability to easily create 360-audio has lagged behind…until now.
One-Stop VR Audio
The Zoom H3-VR virtual reality audio recorder is the complete solution for capturing and processing spatial audio for VR, AR and mixed-reality content. With a built-in Ambisonic mic, recorder and decoder, the H3-VR puts 360-audio in the palm of your hand.
A New Way to go from A to B
In the past, capturing VR audio required a dedicated Ambisonic mic, a separate recorder and a computer for encoding the audio from raw Ambisonics A format to VR-ready Ambisonics B format. Now, with the H3-VR, all of the encoding and decoding is done on board, saving time, money and effort at every step.
Audio For Every Reality
Ambisonics Audio for VR
The H3-VR’s 4-capsule Ambisonic mic captures precise 360-degree VR audio recordings up to 24 bit/96 kHz. And without ever connecting to a computer, the onboard decoder allows you to export Ambisonics B-format files directly.
Binaural 3D Stereo
The H3-VR also records stereo binaural WAV files up to 24 bit/48 kHz. Stereo binaural provides a hyper-realistic spatial recording that enhances 2D productions with 3D audio.
The H3-VR even offers standard stereo recording for recordings that will be played out of speakers rather than headphones.
5.1ch Surround for Video
Free to download, ZOOM Ambisonics Player software can easily convert Ambisonics audio to a 5.1ch surround file that is pre-aligned to the proper speakers, and is exported to your video or audio editor for syncing with standard video
Live Streaming 360
The H3-VR also enables you to live stream events in 360 degrees so that wherever your fans are, they’ll have access to the best seats in the house.
Fits Anywhere. Captures Everything.
The H3-VR’s compact, conical design captures audio from multiple angles without getting in the way of the camera or the action.
6-Axis Motion Sensor
Auto Mic Position and Level Detection make placing the H3-VR simple. Whether positioned upright, upside down, endfire or endfire inverted, the H3-VR automatically calibrates so your audio and video are already aligned for post.
Upgrade Your Game Experience
The slam of dungeon doors, growl of monsters or howl of the wind can make or break a player’s fantasy. With the ability to capture high-quality in-game audio, you can elevate your player’s experience to new levels.
Monitoring & Playback
Monitor your audio live in stereo binaural or use the H3-VR’s onboard Ambisonics Decoding to simulate your recorded 360-experience during playback.
Streaming and More
Perfect for live streaming, video conferencing, direct recording and more, the H3-VR’s audio interface mode turns it into a USB 360 mic for your computer or stereo mic for your iOS device.
Out of the Shot But in Control
Staying out of the shot can be tricky when recording a 360-degree video, which is why the H3 Control App lets you remotely access transport controls, level settings, and metadata notes right from your iOS device.*
*Optional BTA-1 adapter required
360º Post-Production Made Easy
The H3-VR’s companion ZOOM Ambisonics Player software takes the work out of post-production by easily converting your Ambisonics files to Stereo, Binaural, 5.1ch surround and more. Play, trim, re-orientate and export your audio files in minutes.
- 4 built-in mics arranged in an Ambisonic array
- Full-sphere surround sound recording
- Single-knob gain control of all input levels
- Onboard Ambisonics A to B decoding
- Three recording modes: Ambisonics, Stereo Binaural or Standard Stereo
- Record up to 24bit/96kHz
- Stereo binaural monitoring of Ambisonics signal
- Headphone output and line output
- Slate tone
- Extensive metadata
- Auto Mic Position Detection using 6-axis gyroscope (upfront, endfire,
- upside-down, endfire inverted)
- Level Function to ensure precise angle placement
- Wireless iOS remote control available through the BTA-1 Bluetooth adapter
- Onboard Ambisonics playback with audio rotation
- Accurate internal clock with .5ppm discrepancy
- USB 2.0 Audio Interface Mode
- Zoom PC/Mac post-production software to play, change a direction, and convert
- to binaural, stereo,and 5.1ch surround file
- Powered by 2 AA batteries or USB bus power
- Records to SD card up to 512GB
What's in the Box
- H3-VR Handy Recorder
- Foam windscreen
- Dual mounting bracket
- AA batteries
- Recording Media: Cards compatible with microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC specifications (Class 4 or higher)
- Display: 1.25" monochrome LCD (96×64)
- Motion sensor: 6 axes (3-axis gyro, 3-axis acceleration)
- Built-in Ambisonic mic: 4 matched unidirectional condenser mics; Maximum sound pressure input: 120 dB SPL; Mic gain: +18 – +48 dB
- Line Out: Connector: 3.5 mm stereo mini; Maximum output level: −10 dBu (1 kHz, 10 kΩ load)
- Phone Out: Connector: 3.5 mm stereo mini; Maximum output level: 20 mW + 20 mW (into 32Ω load)
- Power: 2 AA batteries (alkaline, rechargeable NiMH or lithium); AC adapter (ZOOM AD-17): DC 5V/1A (supports USB bus power)
- External dimensions: 76 mm (W) × 78 mm (D) × 123 mm (H)
- Weight (main unit only): 120 g
Ambisonics A, Ambisonics B (FuMa/AmbiX)
WAV 4ch poly (supports BWF and iXML): 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 44.1 kHz/24-bit, 48 kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit, 96 kHz/16-bit, 96 kHz/24-bit
WAV stereo (supports BWF and iXML): 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 44.1 kHz/24-bit, 48kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit, 96 kHz/16-bit, 96 kHz/24-bit
WAV stereo (supports BWF and iXML): 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 44.1 kHz/24-bit, 48kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit
Mass storage operation
USB 2.0 High Speed
Audio interface operation
- 2 in/2 out (stereo/binaural input), USB 2.0 Full Speed
- 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/16-bit
- 4 in/2 out ( Ambisonics A/FuMa/AmbiX input), USB 2.0 High Speed
- 44.1 kHz/24-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.