Tamron 17-70mm f/2.8 Di III-A VC RXD Lens for Fujifilm X
The Tamron 17-70mm f/2.8 Di III-A VC RXD Lens for Fujifilm X mount delivers outstanding sharpness, the latest fast and quiet AF motor as well as built-in optical stabilisation which harnesses AI for video.
- Super-compact Fuji X lens with 4.1x standard zoom for an equivalent 25.5-105mm in full-frame format
- Fast and quiet focusing from high-performance RXD (Rapid eXtra-silent stepping Drive) AF motor
- Optically stabilised VC lens, which features AI technology for stabilising video recording
- Excellent performance in low light situations with bright constant f/2.8 aperture throughout the zoom
- Versatile lens with close minimum focusing distances and a 4.1x zoom ideal for diverse subjects
Tamron 17-70mm f/2.8 Di III-A VC RXD Lens for Fujifilm X Summary
This versatile zoom provides a full-frame equivalent of 25.5-105mm, which is ideal for a broad range of subjects from portraits and landscapes to street and travel. This particular lens is also optimised for video creators, showing extremely well controlled focus breathing and boasting AI-driven vibration compensation (VC) when recording video. This makes the Tamron 17-70mm lens a great choice creators who shoot movies with any Fujifilm camera, from the latest hybrid X-H2S to the ultra-compact X-T30 II.
With a weight of 530g and a hair under 120mm long, this is an extremely compact lens, which includes a 67mm filter thread for lens filters such as ND grads for moviemaking. Despite it’s small size, the 17-70mm f/2.8 Di III-A VC RXD is optically stabilised and features Tamron’s fast and quiet RXD focusing motor. This works seamlessly with Fujifilm’s AF algorithms, supporting subject detection and tracking as you’d expect with the majority of AF lenses for Fujifilm X mount.
- Optically stabilised VC lens (Vibration Compensation)
- Fast and quiet RXD (Rapid eXtra-silent stepping Drive) AF motor
- Well controlled focus breathing for video
- AI technology for stabilising video
- 9-bladed circular diaphragm
- 67mm filter thread
- Compact and lightweight zoom lens at 119.6mm long weighing 530g
- Close minimum object distance of 19cm (wide) and 39cm (telephoto)
- Moisture resistant construction and a Fluorine Coating on the front element
Tamron 17-70mm f/2.8 Di III-A VC RXD Lens for Fujifilm X in More Detail
Digitally Integrated Design
Tamron’s extensive experience of lens design has lead to this model winning awards for the Sony E version, offering a digitally integrated design (Di) with exceptional results on mirrorless cameras. The Di III-A means this lens is specifically for APS-C format mirrorless cameras.
Sharper results with VC
With optical Vibration Compensation (VC) built-in, this lens helps you to achieve sharper shots when handholding, even in low light situations. Furthermore, Tamron has included AI technology which is harnessed when capturing video, for ever more stable footage for content creators.
Rapid eXtra-silent stepping Drive autofocus motor
RXD stands for Tamron’s latest Rapid eXtra-silent stepping Drive autofocus motor, which is fast and quiet, suited to virtually any subject.
What’s in the box
- Tamron 17-70mm f/2.8 Di III-A VC RXD lens for Fujifilm X Mount
- Flower-shaped hood
- Lens caps
Tamron 17-70mm f/2.8 Di III-A VC RXD Lens for Fujifilm X Sample photos
70 mm, X-T4 camera settings: 1/120 sec at f/4.5 ISO 400
70 mm, X-T4 camera settings: 1/280 sec at f/7.1 ISO 160
21.9 mm, X-T4 camera settings: 1/70 sec at f/2.8 ISO 160
17 mm, X-T4 camera settings: 26 sec at f/18 ISO 160
Tamron 17-70mm f/2.8 Di III-A VC RXD Lens for Fujifilm X Specifications
17-70mm (full-frame mirrorless format 25.5-105mm equivalent)
Angle of View (diagonal)
79° 55'-23° 00’ (APS-C frame mirrorless format)
16 elements in 12 groups
Minimum Object Distance Maximum
0.19m (WIDE), 0.39m (TELE)
1:4.8 (WIDE) / 1:5.2 (TELE)
9 (circular diaphragm) for two stops
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Tamron has designed an extremely competent standard zoom lens to tempt Fujifilm users with this 17-70mm f/2.8 Di III-A VC RXD. It features a tried and tested optical design, with outstanding sharpness proven by versions for other camera brands. The focal range is particularly useful for any number of subjects too, which ensures you’ll always want to bring this with you on any excursion. The lens is compact and light enough to take when travelling and features Tamron’s latest mirrorless technology to get the best results. These include their most recent focusing motor, which is fast, quiet and optimised for Fujifilm AF, as well as VC to combat camera shake when shooting handheld. This works extremely well for both stills and video, harnessing AI to provide further stabilisation when recording movies.
There are plenty of other features to capture beautiful results whatever the subject, including a constant f/2.8 aperture, compact filter thread attachment and weather resistance for outdoor shooters.
If you’ve been looking to acquire a standard zoom lens for any type of content creation which delivers impeccable results, then look no further than this second model for Fuji users from Tamron.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.