Sony FE 16-35mm f/4 Vario-Tessar T* ZA OSS Lens
Designed for full-frame Sony E-mount, the Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm wide angle zoom lens features optical stabilisation and Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating plus image enhancing glass elements.
- A Sony Carl Zeiss lens for e-mount, with excellent optical quality
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture enables hand-held shooting in somewhat lower light
- Super Sonic wave Motor for fast, accurate focusing
- Built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilisation helps further with shooting hand held
- Dust and moisture resistant design provides a degree of protection when shooting outdoors
Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Lens for E-mount Summary
This full frame E-mount Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS zoom lens offers strong performance in a compact, lightweight package. A versatile zoom range coupled with built-in optical image stabilisation makes it a great choice for snapshots, indoor scenes, group shots, landscapes and more, especially with a full-frame 7 series camera body. A constant F/4 maximum aperture facilitates a good degree of exposure and depth-of-field control, whilst landscape, cityscape and interiors will be rendered with a greater depth of field when the lens is stopped down.
- Compact and lightweight option with an ultra wide zoom angle
- Advanced lens design with special elements render high resolution and detail
- Optical stabilisation provides sharper handheld results
- Short minimum focus distance of 0.28m provides compositional options
Wide-angle impact over a useful zoom range
A 16mm to 35mm ultra wide-angle zoom range coupled with effective built-in optical image stabilisation makes this lens an excellent choice for snapshots, indoor scenes, group shots, landscapes, and more, especially with a full-frame 7 series body. The ZEISS Vario-Tessar configuration offers outstanding performance in a compact, lightweight design.
Refined optics deliver stunning images
Superior clarity and minimum of distortion are achieved by an advanced optical design that includes one large AA element and three ED elements. The legendary ZEISS T* (T-star) coating enhances performance even further by effectively suppressing reflections so that crisp, natural contrast is maintained, especially when shooting landscapes and provides incredibly results on any full frame Sony camera.
Constant exposure at any zoom setting
Constant aperture at all focal lengths means that the user can zoom and shoot at any aperture without having to worry about changes in exposure settings or depth of field, concentrating on the image rather than technical details. Maximum aperture is F/4 through the zoom range.
Sharp and clear in any situation
Built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilisation compensates for camera shake that can blur images when shooting handheld. Sharp, clear night scenes or indoor shots in dim lighting can be captured without the need to boost ISO sensitivity and risk increased noise.
Sharp and clear from corner to corner
Aspherical lens technology maximises portability without sacrificing imaging power. The lens combines five aspherical elements (including one AA - advanced aspherical lens), with 3 ED (extra-low Dispersion) glass elements to deliver high-precision shots and breathtaking rendering without the bulky design for which e-mount lenses are loved.
Reliable and easy in any conditions
Reliable operation in a variety of conditions is ensured by a design that prevents dust and moisture from entering the lens.
What’s in the box
- Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Lens for E-mount
- Lens hood (ALC-SH134: petal shape, bayonet type)
- Lens front cap
- Lens rear cap
- Tiffen 72mm Variable ND filter - Provides 2 to 8 stops of light control for movies and long exposures.
- Hoya 72mm Ultra Pro Circular Polariser - excellent with outdoor use to reduce glare, reflections and enhance blue skies
- B+W 72mm XS-Pro Clear MRC-Nano 007 Filter - simply protects the expensive front element of your lens.= without degrading the image.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Sony Lenses E Mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 78|
|Length (mm): 99|
|Weight (g): 518|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 16 - 35 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: Yes|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 35|
|Maximum magnification: 0.19|
|Maximum aperture (number): 4|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 16|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.28|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 7|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 5 Aspherical; 3 ED Glass|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
The Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Lens is a highly proficient ultra wide angle zoom lens. Excellent optical quality and weather sealed construction is matched with a constant f/4 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range. This affords photographers shooting a variety of subjects, both indoors and out a compact zoom with ultra wide focal range to shoot handheld when required. Sony does make the FE 16-35mm f/2.8 G Master lens with a wider aperture however this is course comes at a cost with a higher price tag and extra weight.
With ZEISS optical quality including the effective T* coating results from this model are well beautiful, with accurate colour rendition and well controlled flare and ghosting. Resolving power is also excellent when mounted on any camera with a high resolution sensor. Users who like to handhold and photograph using available light benefit from optical steady shot as well as in-camera stabilisation which many bodies now offer. The results are impressive and save many images from shake. Many happy owners review this lens as a brilliant model for ultra wide photography in a very compact form that also offers close-up capabilities for extra versatility.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.