- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Sony 640GB CFexpress Type A TOUGH Memory Card
The Sony 640GB CFexpress Type A TOUGH Memory Card offers sustained performance with up to 800 MB/s read and 700 MB/s write, as well as fast buffer clearance and longer burst shooting.
Earn 1199 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
Sony 640GB CFexpress Type A TOUGH Memory Card Summary
High speed performance
Sony CFexpress Type A memory cards are designed for professional photographers, videographers and enthusiasts looking to super-charge their workflow with unrivalled speed and reliability. Ultra-high speed performance (up to 800MB/s read and 700MB/s write¹) is efficiently packed in the compact and durable body, to help you get the most from the latest high-end cameras.
Sony CFexpress Type A cards are optimized for continuous, high-bandwidth data writing, making them ideal for professional high-bitrate video recording, such as 4K 120p, where dependability is critical. For extra reassurance and video recording stability they also carry the VPG (Video Performance Guarantee) 400.
New standard for compact storage
CFexpress Type A cards are a new standard for compact, high-performance storage. Despite being smaller than a conventional SD card, their PCIe Gen3 interface offers ultra-fast data transfer. It is an ideal storage medium for the future of compact, high-bitrate video and still cameras.
Work faster, be more productive
CFexpress Type A memory cards open up worlds of opportunity for professionals. Handling high-resolution files and high-speed recordings in a small but rugged format, it’s perfect for speeding up workflows and improving productivity, allowing you to have more time available for creative work.
Speed up workflow with the CFexpress Type A card reader
Optimized for Sony CFexpress Type A memory cards, the optional MRW-G2 card reader allows you to transfer data via a SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps (USB 3.2) interface and take full advantage of high speed backups and more efficient workflows. It’s compact, easy to carry and works with both Sony CFexpress Type A and SDXC UHS-II/UHS-I memory cards.
Made incredibly TOUGH
Thanks to Sony’s unique TOUGH card design, our CFexpress Type A cards offer over 10x greater bend resistance than the CFexpress Type A standard. Designed for absolute dependability, the resin body is 5x more impact-resistant than the CFexpress Type A standard, and provides IP57 dust and water protection2. New heat-dissipating materials also ensure consistent high-speed data transfers, along with resistance to X-rays, UV, and electrostatic radiation.
Sony’s TOUGH for the roughest places
With a tough design, CFexpress Type A memory cards offer superior strength up to 10x greater than the CFexpressType A standard, additional rigidity tested to 150 newtons of force, and can withstand falls of up to 24.6 feet (7.5 meters).
Sony’s TOUGH for the toughest places
You can rely on CFexpress Type A memory cards to work faultlessly in extreme temperatures, X-rays, electrostatic environments and intense UV light. A dust and water-resistant design2 with IP57 rating, provides the reliability needed for outdoor use in challenging conditions.
File Rescue: Recover lost files3
Even when things go wrong, you can avoid disaster with downloadable rescue software for Sony CFexpress Type A memory card customers3. This free software can recover accidentally deleted files and corrupted photos and videos in todays’ common formats. For more detail, please refer to: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/
Media Scan Utility: Scan and monitor your memory
Over time, flash memory wears out and no longer reliably records data. Sony's Media Scan Utility automatically scans your CFexpress Type A memory card each time you connect it to your PC, keeping you informed of its condition so you can take action before the limit is reached. The MRW-G2 card reader (sold separately) is required in order to scan Sony CFexpress Type A memory cards.
- Up to 800MB/s read speed and 700MB/s write speed1
- High-capacity 640GB for high resolution, high bitrate video
- Effective heat dissipation to support high bitrate data transfers
- TOUGH and durable impact, bending, dust and moisture resistant2
- Humidity, X-ray, electrostatic charge, ultraviolet radiation, resistant
- Supported by File Scan Utility memory diagnostic software4
- Supported by Memory Card File Rescue data recovery software3
- Compact design to fit compact cameras
- Higher bitrate and transfer speed vs. SD card
- High-speed workflow when using optional MRW-G2 card reader
What's In The Box
- CFexpress Type-A card
- Card Case
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Omni Captial Ltd.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.