- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Sonnet Solo10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 To 10GBASE-T Ethernet Adapter
The Sonnet Solo10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 To 10GBASE-T Ethernet Adapter includes a 10GBASE-SR (short-range) SFP+ transceiver, in order to connect your computer to 10GbE infrastructure via LC optical cable.
Earn 384 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
Sonnet Solo10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 To 10GBASE-T Ethernet Adapter Summary
Blazing-Fast 10GBASE-SR Connectivity at a Breakthrough Price
Technical advances plus cheaper gear have enabled creators to capture and output more content than ever at 4K and higher resolutions. The resulting files are larger, too. When moving all that data between your computer and networked storage, a simple Gigabit Ethernet connection can negatively impact your productivity. For post-production shared storage workgroups and other bandwidth-intensive workflows, you need more speed—10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) is the new data transfer standard. Affordable switches have lowered costs for setting up 10GbE infrastructure; however, the price of adding fiber optic client connectivity has remained high. Now, there is an equally affordable 10GbE interface for your Mac® or Windows®(1) computer with Thunderbolt™ 3 ports—Sonnet’s Solo10G™ SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 Edition adapter, a powerfully simple solution for adding blazing-fast fiber optic 10GbE network connectivity at a breakthrough price.
The Solo10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 Edition adapter includes a 10GBASE-SR (short-range) SFP+ transceiver (the most commonly-used optical transceiver), enabling you to connect your computer to 10GbE infrastructure via LC optical cable (optical cables sold separately) at distances up to 300 meters.
Safe and Secure
As a networked conduit into your computer, the Solo10G SFP+ adapter was designed with essential security features. Incorporating encryption in hardware, the Sonnet adapter is protected against malicious modification of its firmware. Any unauthorized attempt at firmware modification to facilitate surreptitious computer access would render the adapter inoperable. This secure design prevents the Solo10G adapter’s firmware from being reprogrammed except by a manufacturer’s update using a secure encryption key.
Replaceable Captive Cable
Through the use of a captive cable, the Solo10G SFP+ adapter’s Thunderbolt connector remains firmly connected to it at all times. Should the cable ever break, it can easily be replaced with an approved replacement cable available from Sonnet or a Sonnet-authorized reseller.
Advanced Features, Intelligent Operatio
The Solo10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 Edition adapter attains its high throughput performance and low host-CPU utilization through functions such as flow control, 64-bit address support for systems using more than 4GB of physical memory; and stateless offloads such as TCP, UDP and IPv4 checksum offloading. These processes enable your computer to perform better while large files transfers or high I/O operations take place. This Sonnet adapter also supports the Energy-Efficient Ethernet standard (IEEE 802.3az), which reduces the adapter’s power demands on your computer.
Additional SFP+ Transceiver Choices
Sonnet includes a short-range multi-mode fiber SFP+ module (up to 300 meters), part number G10E-SFP-SR, with the Solo10G adapter. Sonnet also offers a long-range single-mode fiber module (up to 10 kilometers), part number G10E-SFP-LR (sold separately); and a 10GBASE-T copper module (up to 30 meters using CAT 6A cables), part number G10E-SFP-T (sold separately). Alternatively, you can use cost-effective direct-attach Twinax copper cables up to 10 meters long(2).
Pocketable, Bus-Powered, and Silent
Unlike most 10GbE adapters, the Solo10G SFP+ is pocketable—measuring only 3.1 inches wide by 4.9 inches deep by 1.1 inches tall—and bus-powered to enable truly portable use without a power adapter. Designed using the latest technologies, and wrapped in a rugged aluminum case, the Sonnet adapter is cool running and doesn’t need a fan, allowing silent and energy-efficient operation.
How simple? Connect the Solo10G SFP+ adapter to your computer and to the network switch (or directly to 10GbE-enabled storage), and then configure the adapter’s settings through the macOS® Network control panel or Windows(3) Device Manager.
- Adds 10GbE Connectivity — Powerfully simple way to add high-performance 10GbE connectivity via optical cable to your computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Cost-Effective — Low cost adapter includes 10GBASE-SR (short-range) SFP+ transceiver; supports connection up to 300 meters to 10GbE infrastructure via LC multi-mode fiber optic cable (sold separately)
- 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Interface — Connects to any Thunderbolt 3 computer port, or at the end of a Thunderbolt 3 device daisy chain
- Energy Efficient — Supports the Energy-Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) standard to reduce the adapter’s power demands on your computer
- Easy Setup — Configured through macOS Network control panel or Windows(1) Device Manager
- Small and Silent — Adapter is pocketable and uses no fan, perfect for use in noise-sensitive environments
- Bus-Powered, Energy Efficient — Powered through its Thunderbolt connection, the Solo10G requires no power adapter
- Rugged Construction — Aluminum enclosure withstands heavy use
- Thunderbolt Certified for Mac & Windows
IN THE BOX:
- 1 x Solo10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 Edition adapter
- 1 x 10GBASE-SR (short-range) SFP+ transceiver
Mac with Thunderbolt 3 ports
macOS High Sierra (10.13.6+)
macOS Catalina Compatible
Computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports
Windows 10 (64-bit Edition Version 1709 or greater)
Windows computers require the latest BIOS and Thunderbolt drivers to support this product. Check with your computer manufacturer for update information.
All cables sold separately.
Driver download and installation required for use with Windows.
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Please note that, due to calculations, your monthly repayment may differ very slightly from what you were expecting. Please check your monthly repayment figure before proceeding
Missed or late payments will result in fees and additional interest on your loan and can also affect your credit file and your ability to obtain credit in the future.
Credit is subject to status, UK only, 18+
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Duologi.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.