- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens For Sony E
The Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens for Sony E mirrorless has been redesigned from the ground up to be smaller and lighter and deliver even better results over its predecessor with the latest features.
Earn 749 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- A redesigned classic with numerous improvements over an already acclaimed original lens
- More compact, lighter design with faster AF from the latest internal focusing stepping motor system
- 11 rounded aperture blades provide ultra-smooth bokeh and out of focus areas
- Lockable and de-clickable aperture ring make this lens ideal for stills and video
- Advanced optical design delivers pin sharp details with well controlled distortion free results across the frame
Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens For Sony E Summary
Sigma is constantly evolving its lens offerings and this updated 35mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens for Sony E-mount cameras arrives nine years after its acclaimed predecessor. This new prime has been redesigned from the ground up to be smaller and lighter and deliver even better results with the latest optical technology. Art series lenses promise the best image quality with fastest apertures and Sigma has continued in this vein with a bright f/1.4 aperture and an optical design laced with special glass elements. 35mm is a favoured focal width with all levels of photographers and videographers thanks to being so versatile, well suited to subjects as diverse as street photography, travel, landscape, weddings and portraits. Videographers have been taken into consideration with the updated 35mm Art lens with the inclusion of a de-clickable aperture ring, a smooth manual focus ring and silent AF stepping motor.
Features at a glance
- Smaller and lighter than the original 35mm Art lens weighing 645g at 75.5x109.5mm
- 11 rounded diaphragm aperture blades
- Stepping motor for faster, more responsive and silent AF
- Lockable and de-clickable aperture ring
- Dust and splash proof structure with water and oil repellent coating on front element
- 15 elements in 11 groups, with 1 FLD, 1 ELD, 2 SLD and 2 aspherical elements
The inclusion of a fast, silent stepping motor in Sigma’s 35mm f/1.4 Art prime lens is designed to make the most of Sony’s incredibly successful phase detect AF system with Face and Eye detect working seamlessly.
Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens For Sony E in More Detail
Impeccable results from Art Series optics
The 35mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens delivers results which are consistently sharp, detailed and well controlled thanks to the optical design. This includes two Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements, an Extraordinary Low Dispersion (ELD) element, an ‘F’ Low Dispersion (FLD) element and two aspherical elements. Users with compatible cameras will also benefit from this model being compatible with lens-based optical correction.
The 35mm Art lens is able to control sagittal coma flare extremely well even when shooting wide open. This stops bright points of light from flaring out near the edges of the frame, particularly appealing to night sky photographers. Those who shoot into backlit conditions benefit from anti-ghosting and anti-flare technology found on the best Sigma lenses which maintains high contrast and reduces excessive flare.
Weather sealing often differentiates lenses aimed at professionals and Sigma has comprehensively incorporated a dust and splash proof structure with sealing on buttons and along joins between parts as well as a rubber gasket around the mount. There’s also a water and oil repellent coating on the front element ensuring photographers can rely on this lens in any conditions.
Lenses have to keep up with the advancement of camera technology and this updated 35mm f/1.4 DG DN Art lens does just that with numerous features assisting a versatile and professional workflow.
Controls include a focus mode switch and DMF, AF+MF, lens or camera controlled aperture ring with lock and de-click features and a customisable AFL button.
This lens is also available as the 35mm f/1.4 Art for L-Mount users.
What’s in the box
- 35mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens For Sony E
- Petal type hood with lock (LH728-01)
- Sigma 67mm WR UV Filter - protect the front element and reduce UV light
- Sigma 67mm WR circular polariser - a circular polariser is often used for outdoor photography and will enhance blue skies and reduce glare from wet surfaces
Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens For Sony E Specifications
|Lens construction||11 groups, 15 elements (1 FLD, 1 ELD, 2 SLD and 2 aspherical elements)|
|Angle of view||63.4 °|
|Number of diaphragm blades||11 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum focusing distance||30 cm|
|Maximum magnification ratio||1:5.4|
|Filter size||φ67 mm|
|Dimensions (Maximum Diameter × Length)||φ75.5 mm × 109.5 mm|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Please note that, due to calculations, your monthly repayment may differ very slightly from what you were expecting. Please check your monthly repayment figure before proceeding
Missed or late payments will result in fees and additional interest on your loan and can also affect your credit file and your ability to obtain credit in the future.
Credit is subject to status, UK only, 18+
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Duologi.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
Sigma designs a variety of lenses for most camera brands with Art-line lenses showcasing their ultimate performance capabilities. The complete re-engineering of the Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens for Sony E mirrorless cameras let’s photographers get pretty excited as it includes a host of updates together with newer, better optics over an already impressive predecessor. The 35mm Art provides a versatile prime width suitable for a vast array of subjects (we even wrote about why to use 35mm lens in our blog) and the inclusion of new features ensures further appeal to content creators who make stills and record video too.
Those shooting subjects on a thin focal plane even when wide open at f/1.4 will enjoy beautifully smooth rounded bokeh from an 11-bladed aperture. This defines many portraits as well as detail shots which can be made as close as 30cm for wedding photographers and many more subjects. The Art-line is aimed at enthusiasts and professional users so this latest model inevitably arrives with a number of barrel controls aimed at advanced users. Together with these we find excellent dust and moisture sealing to create a lens which will delight owners for years to come even when shooting in adverse conditions.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.