Sigma 24mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary Lens for L Mount
With a bright aperture and premium build quality the Sigma 24mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary Lens for L-mount delivers new standards of optical performance in an ultra-compact and lightweight all-metal body.
- Compact and lightweight design prime lens which delivers excellent results across the frame
- Durable all-metal design which is enjoyable to use and extremely well made inside and out
- Bright f/2 aperture with well controlled results suited to scenes including landscapes and astro photography
- Dust and splash resistant structure with aperture ring, focus mode switch and DMF and AF+MF
- 9-blade rounded diaphragm and bright aperture for low light performance with smooth out of focus areas
Sigma 24mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary Lens for L Mount Summary
Designed for full frame Panasonic Lumix, Sigma and Leica photographers comes the latest Contemporary model in the form of this Sigma 24mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary Lens for L Mount. It joins previously released lenses including the highly rated 65mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary for L and 35mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary for L mount, with a new optical formula designed exclusively for mirrorless cameras. Results are impressive with edge to edge high resolving power keeping pace with high resolution cameras from all three manufacturers, whilst remaining lightweight and compact. The all-metal body feels robust and well balanced, being a joy to use with an ergonomic design that includes an aperture ring and focus mode switch.
At 24mm this wide angle prime lens is the perfect partner for photographers who shoot subjects including landscapes, city scenes, astro and interiors to name a few.
- Excellent sharpness and rendering from edge to edge
- Lightweight 365g design
- Advanced mirrorless optical design with 13 elements in 11 groups
- Inner focus system
- Compatible with Sigma USB Dock UD-11
- Stepping motor
- Support DMF and AF+MF
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Aperture ring
- Focus Mode switch
- 62mm filter thread
Sigma 24mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary Lens for L Mount in More Detail
Premium I series compact prime lens
The 24mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary Lens has been designed by Sigma to offer portability without sacrificing performance, matching the compact nature of L Mount compatible full frame cameras. A new optical design with special lens elements reduces size and weight whilst offering excellent resolving power in a compact prime. The Autofocus system employs a quiet, high-speed stepping motor for responsive AF compatible with L mount Alliance AF systems.
High resolving optics
The new optical design employed by Sigma includes 13 elements in 11 groups, with 1 FLD, 2 SLD and 2 aspherical lens elements. Together these are responsible for high level optical performance, even at its maximum f/2 aperture. Axial chromatic aberration is well controlled along with various other aberrations thanks to two high-precision glass-moulded aspherical elements. This means that results are excellent throughout the aperture range and across the entire frame, however high the sensor resolution is.
Excellent build quality
As with others in the latest Contemporary series, the 24mm f/2 DG DN has an all-metal construction with precision-cut aluminium parts making a durable and stylish exterior finish. Internal moving parts are also made from metal, adding to the robustness as well as overall user experience, with a tactile, ergonomic design as we’ve come to expect from Sigma with their excellent ‘Made in Japan' craftsmanship.
What’s in the box
- Sigma 24mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary Lens for L Mount
- Magnetic metal lens cap (LCF62-01M)
- Petal-type lens hood (LH656-02)
- Front Cap (LCF-62III)
- Rear Cap (LCRII)
- Sigma 62mm WR UV filter - made to protect the front element as well as reduce the effects of UV light
- Sigma 62mm WR circular polariser - this well designed weather resistant filter will cut the effects of reflections and glare from wet surfaces and enhance blue skies
- Sigma UD-11 USB Dock For L-Mount - this USB device allows Panasonic Lumix, Sigma and Leica photographers to update firmware and adjust and customise lens settings
Sigma 24mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary Lens for Sony Leica L Mount Specifications
- Lens construction: 11 groups, 13 elements (1 FLD, 2 SLD and 2 aspherical)
- Angle-of-view: 84.1°
- Number of diaphragm blades: 9 (rounded diaphragm)
- Minimum aperture: f/22
- Minimum focusing distance: 24.5cm
- Maximum magnification ratio: 1:6.7
- Filter size: 62mm
- Dimensions (Maximum Diameter x Length): 70mm x 72mm
Sigma is one of three Alliance members who are regularly releasing lenses for the L mount system like this 24mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary model. It stands to reason with the launch of the 61 megapixel fp L camera that newer lenses are able to resolve such high resolution detail and this wide angle prime does not disappoint. The optical formula is made from the ground up to with a lightweight design which balances perfectly on more compact full frame cameras, offering an excellent combination of portability and ‘made in Japan’ quality. The all-metal exterior design is testament to this, along with the dust and moisture resistant brass bayonet mount and Sigma’s proprietary Super Multi-Layer Coating.
The lens is essentially designed for photographers who need a lightweight, sharp, fast wide-angle lens that is well made and durable. Aberrations of various types are well controlled, which means the lens can also tackle astro photography, Aurora and the Milky Way as well as subjects such as landscapes, cityscapes and interiors. Autofocus is extremely responsive and there’s support for DMF and AF+MF to fine tune focus on your subject, whilst a minimum focus distance of 24.5cm enables you to capture dynamic wide angle compositions. This lens is an enjoyable prime to use on any L Mount cameras, delivering high quality results to match the excellent build quality and should be high on anyone’s list of wide angle options.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.