- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens for L Mount
Approx 200 charactersThe Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens for L Mount offers a fast aperture, excellent build quality, linear or non-linear focus ring settings and pro-level results for astrophotography, landscape, architecture and video.
Earn 779 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- Highly portable and light wide angle lens packed with features for professionals and casual creators
- Fast prime lens with bright maximum aperture suitable for astrophotography and any photo or video applications
- Extremely sharp results throughout the aperture range with well controlled aberrations including sagittal coma flare
- Fast, near silent stepping motor and support for linear and non-linear focus ring settings
- Features include front and rear filter holders, manual focus lock, USB dock updates and customisable AFL button
Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens for L Mount Summary
With a portable size, fast aperture and excellent image quality, the Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens for L Mount cameras is ideal for landscapes and architecture, as well as pro-level astrophotography. This wide angle prime also offers features specifically for videography, with support for linear and non linear focus ring settings, smooth silent aperture changes from a de-clickable aperture ring and fast, quiet AF with Sigma’s stepping motor technology.
A manual focus lock is available to deactivate the focus ring, which is ideal for astro photography and you can mount front threaded 72mm lens filters as well as rear gel filters.
Build quality is excellent as expected from professional Art series Sigma lenses, with high attention to detail visible throughout the optical design and exterior controls. Images are sharp throughout the aperture range and optical aberrations are well suppressed for beautiful results and low sagittal coma flare.
- Compatible with optional Sigma USB Dock UD-11
- Supports linear and non-linear focus ring settings
- Bright maximum aperture well-suited to astrophotography, photo and video creation
- 520g weight for all-day and all-night shooting
- Manual aperture ring with de-click and lock functionality
- Front filter thread and rear filter holder
- New Manual Focus Lock (MFL) switch to fully deactivate the focus ring
- Customisable AFL button
- Extremely sharp results
- 9-blade rounded diaphragm
- Well-suppressed aberrations including sagittal coma flare
- Stepping motor delivers fast, near-silent autofocus
- Super Multi-Layer Coating, Nano Porous Coating and water and oil-repellent coating
- Dust and splash-resistant structure
Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens for L Mount in More Detail
Fast lens for pro astrophotography, landscape and architecture
An advanced optical design which features 17 elements, including two FLD, one SLD and four aspherical elements provide superb optical performance. Sigma has refined the lens to minimise aberrations such as sagittal coma flare, which is hard to correct in post. The optics also enable the lens to accurately reproduce bright points of light, even in the extreme edges of the frame, which is ideal for night photography, stars and astro.
Super Multi-Coating and Nano Porous Coating (NPC) reduce ghosting and flare, helping to render high contrast results, even in backlit conditions. This is ideal for subjects including astrophotography, landscape and architecture, as well as reportage, street and more.
Portable and light with superb build
The Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens for L mount mirrorless cameras delivers exceptionally high standards for Sigma, Panasonic Lumix S and Leica SL camera users. It’s 30% lighter than the previous model, weighing just 520g, whilst also being around 16% shorter in length.
A combination of aluminium and Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) gives a sleek finish and the focus ring has a well damped, smooth action. A lockable rubber gripped petal-shaped lens hood is included, which can be securely fastened to the lens without risk of it falling off.
The 24mm F1.4 DG DN lens is ideal for longer outdoor shoots thanks to a dust and splash-resistant structure, a water and oil-repellent coating on the front element and a rubber seal around the mount.
Advanced features and versatility
The lens boasts both a front 72mm filter thread and a rear filter holder, which ensures plenty of attachment options. Astrophotographers, for example, may want to attach a light pollution filter such as the Hoya 72mm Starscape Filter at the front and a soft filter at the rear.
A manual aperture ring with lock switch is built in, which is de-clickable for smooth transition between aperture settings and useful for changing exposure seamlessly when shooting video. Sigma added a new Manual Focus Lock (MFL) switch which completely deactivates the focus ring, ensuring the focus position won’t change even if it is accidentally knocked.
A customisable AFL button is also included built into the lens, which can be customised to a range of different functions and film-makers will appreciate the fast yet near-silent autofocus stepping motor. It is also possible to switch between linear and non-linear focus ring movement (optional USB Dock required).
- 17 elements in 14 groups, with 2 FLD, 1 SLD and 4 aspherical lens elements
- Compatible with Lens Aberration Correction
- Support for DMF and AF+MF
- Focus Mode Swi
- Aperture Ring
- Aperture Ring De-click Switch
- Aperture Ring Lock Switch
- High-precision, durable brass bayonet mount
- Every single lens is evaluated with Sigma's proprietary MTF measuring system
What’s in the box
- Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens for L mount
- Front CapLCF-72 III
- Rear Cap LCR II
- Petal-type lens hood with lock LH782-01
Read our Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens review, which is packed with image samples and real world exploring with a fast aperture wide angle prime lens.
Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens for L Mount Specifications
- Lens construction: 14 groups, 17 elements (2 FLD, 1 SLD and 4 aspherical elements)
- Angle-of-view: 84.1°
- Number of diaphragm blades: 11 (rounded diaphragm)
- Minimum aperture: F16
- Minimum focusing distance: 25cm
- Maximum magnification ratio: 1:7.1
- Filter size: φ72mm
- Dimensions (max diameter x length): φ75.7mm x 95.5mm
- Weight: 520g
Sample image with Sony a7r III camera of old oak tree. Camera settings: 1/250 sec. f/2.8. ISO 100
Sample image with Sony a7r III camera pet portrait. Camera settings: 1/500 sec. f/1.4. ISO 320
Sample image with Sony a7r III camera of frosty leaf. Camera settings: 1/320 sec. f/1.4. ISO 100
Sample image with Sony a7r III camera of interior. Camera settings: 1/25 sec. f/8. ISO 800
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Please note that, due to calculations, your monthly repayment may differ very slightly from what you were expecting. Please check your monthly repayment figure before proceeding
Missed or late payments will result in fees and additional interest on your loan and can also affect your credit file and your ability to obtain credit in the future.
Credit is subject to status, UK only, 18+
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Duologi.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
The number of professional quality lenses L mount lenses from Sigma is rising rapidly with the release of this 24mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens coinciding with the new ultra wide 20mm lens, also for L Mount. At 24mm this prime offers a classic wide angle FOV, which is combined with a fast maximum aperture for beautiful results when shooting both stills and video. Sigma’s experience in designing premium quality lenses is ideal both for their own Fp L camera users, but also for creators who use Panasonic and Leica cameras.
With a reasonably compact size and weight, this addition to the range offers good portability particularly when taking into account the elaborate optics, premium build quality and excellent results which can be achieved. This lens impresses, whether you shoot astrophotography, reportage, street or landscapes, whilst being built to continue working in harsh outdoor environments. This includes a dust and splash-resistant structure, front element coating as well as Super Multi-Layer Coating to maintain contrast in backlit conditions.
Numerous features are included for today’s hybrid creators, from focus ring adjustment to programmable buttons, all of which provides a customisable workflow for distinctive subjects. If you’ve been waiting for Sigma to release this model you can rest assured it performs impeccably and will be one of the first wide angle primes you turn to when you need the best quality possible.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.