Sigma 24-70 f/2.8 Mirrorless Lens DG DN Art- E-Mount Lens
Enjoy best-in-class optical performance and compatibility with the latest full-frame mirrorless camera bodies with this newly announced Sony E Mount Sony fit lens.
- Solid weather sealed construction
- High quality lens elements for class leading results
- Smooth handling focus and zoom rings with lock switch
- Quick and bright constant f/2.8 aperture
- Fast subject AF even using advanced Sony Eye AF system
Sigma 24-70 f/2.8 Mirrorless Lens DG DN for Sony E-Mount Summary
The newly announced Sigma 24-70 E mount lens gives photographers top-level ‘Art Zoom' performance to ensure they capture every detail of your desired subject. Designed for Sony mirrorless cameras, this large aperture standard zoom lens offers high resolution throughout the entire zoom range. Best performance can be provided due to the large aperture zoom functionality, used in previous Sigma Art zoom lenses. This mirrorless lens fits perfectly with Sony mirrorless cameras.
The F2.8 Art zoom flagship zoom lens series has been developed to achieve superior optical performance.
This is achieved by the extra-low dispersion glass materials, six sheets of “F" low dispersion (FLD) glass and two sheets of special low dispersion glass that are used while taking advantage of an optical design dedicated for mirrorless lenses. With the three aspheric lenses, this zoom lens thoroughly subdues aberrations such as axial chromatic aberration or sagittal coma aberrations, which are difficult to correct in post-processing, tailors the resolution and achieves uniformity and superior optical performance from the centre to the periphery throughout the zoom range.
In addition to Super Multi-Layer Coating, Nano Porous Coating has been added to this new Sigma lens and thereby reduces lighting incidents such as flare.
The mirrorless camera-dedicated design successfully contributes to reduction in the lens size and weight.
Compatibility with E mount latest full-frame mirrorless camera bodies
The SIGMA 24–70mm F2.8 DG DN ensures compatibility with various types of the latest full-frame mirrorless camera bodies tailored for E-Mount so as to be capable of exerting the best performance under any photographic circumstances, assuming that professional or advanced amateur photographers use it.
To the AFL button, for example, various functions can be assigned from a camera body, which enhance the operability while photographing. Stress-free focusing is available due to a stepping motor and the latest algorithm establishing a good balance between acceleration and stilliness of the AF drive. Furthermore, this lens is compatible with the Eye-Detection AF used more frequently in mirrorless cameras, which is capable of high-precision focusing at the time of portrait photography.
Make the most of this lens in various environments
The minimum focusing distance is 18cm at the wide-angle end. This allows you to come closer to a subject than the end of a hood to take photographs. The maximum magnifications are 1:2.9 at the wide-angle end and 1:4.5 at the telephoto end, which provides a wider range of expression by close-up photography.
The lens adapts to various uses and usage environments through employment of the dust- and splash proof structure and the zoom lock mechanism for preventing the lens barrel from extending while also meeting a wide range of needs for photography. An AF/MF switch used for the many conventional SIGMA lenses is also embedded in the lens barrel. Essential and basic functions are also equipped.
- SIGMA 82mm WR Circular Polariser
- SIGMA 82mm WR UV Filter
- Peter McKinnon 82mm Neutral Density Filter EDITION II 2/5 Stop
- Peter McKinnon 82mm Neutral Density Filter EDITION II 6/9 Stop
Sigma 24-70 f/2.8 Mirrorless Lens DG DN for Sony E-Mount Specifications
Sony E-mount Standard Zoom Lens
19 elements in 15 groups
Angle of view (35mm)
84.1° - 34.3°
Number of diaphragm blades
11 (Rounded diaphragm)
Minimum focusing distance
18-38cm / 7.1in.-15.0in.
Maximum magnification ratio
Wide 1:2.9 - Tele 1:4.5
Dimensions(diameter x length)
φ87.8mm × 124.9mm / φ3.5in. × 4.9in.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Sony Lenses E Mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Sigma's Art range for Sony are renowned for achieving class-leading results. With the introduction of the new range of Art Zoom lenses, Sigma are diversifying from only offering pure primes. The first in the range was the 14-24 f/2.8 DG DN Sony FE-Mount wide angle Art Zoom, which was extremely well received. This second lens follows with similarly high quality lens elements, an 11 blade diaphragm and ultra-quick stepping motor to accommodate Sony's award winning Eye AF system. Despite all of the high quality elements the lens remains very well balanced in the hand and is reasonably light.
The 24-70 focal range is extremely popular with all types of photographers as it is so versatile. Manufacturers are vying for attention at this range yet we are certain that with proven results from their existing Art range, Sigma's new medium telephoto zoom will captivate users and consistently deliver outstanding results that we have come to expect from Sigma.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.