Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary Lens for Fujifilm X
The Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary Lens for Fujifilm X offers a versatile 27-75mm full-frame equivalent zoom, along with a bright aperture and sharp results for anything from landscapes to portraits.
- Extremely portable and lightweight zoom lens with a versatile focal range to cover a variety of subjects
- High-performance with sharp results from edge-to-edge and excellent low light capabilities for handheld shooting
- Specifically designed for X mount, with fast and quiet AF, subject tracking and in-camera aberration correction
- Capture large frame-filling close-up shots from as close as 12.1cm at the wide end of the zoom range
- Well balanced on APS-C format compact cameras and made with rubber sealed mount and an aluminium internal structure
Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary Lens for Fujifilm X Summary
Arriving as their first zoom lens for Fujifilm mirrorless X cameras, the Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary Lens for Fujifilm X offers a bright maximum aperture and edge-to-edge sharpness. The compact zoom has a full-frame-equivalent of 27-75mm, which is a versatile focal range for anything from landscapes to portraits, weddings and lifestyle, or as an all-in-one travel lens.
Despite being an affordable option, the 18-50mm f/2.8 from Sigma delivers high-performance results for Fuji users and is extremely lightweight, making it well-suited to anyone who hikes, travels or carries their gear for any distances.
Focusing is assured, with fast and accurate AF thanks to being developed specifically for the X Mount. The technology also supports continuous AF (AF-C) and in-camera aberration correction, ensuring this standard zoom lens always delivers the best possible results.
Key Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 DC DN | Contemporary Features
- Extremely lightweight design weighing 285g
- Versatile zoom range for a variety of subjects
- Edge-to-edge sharpness at any aperture
- Highly portable for hiking and travel
- Fast aperture and superb image quality
- Rubber-sealed mount to protect against the elements
- Advanced optics with 13 elements in 10 groups (1 SLD, 3 aspherical)
- 7 aperture blades with rounded diaphragm
- Close 12.1cm minimum focus distance at the wide 18mm end
- 1:2.8 Magnification ration at 18mm
- Compact and affordable φ55mm thread for lens filters
Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary Lens for Fujifilm X in More Detail
Bright aperture and superb quality
The Sigma 18-50mm has a full-frame-equivalent zoom range of 27mm to 75mm, with superb edge-to-edge sharpness at any aperture. This is due to the latest optical design technology employed by Sigma lenses. Optics include one Special Low Dispersion (SLD) element and three aspherical elements, which control optical aberrations such a chromatic aberration.
The constant f/2.8 aperture lets you play with shallow depth-of-field subjects and makes it easier to achieve smooth, blurry backgrounds and draw attention to your subject. A fast aperture also makes it easier to shoot hand-held in low light, which is ideal for weddings and other environments where a tripod, no matter how small is difficult to manage.
The Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 DC DN lens has a minimum focusing distance of 12.1cm at the wide end of the zoom range, with a maximum magnification of 1:2.8. This is great for capturing close-ups of smaller subjects such as flowers and insects, with the ability to fill more of the frame with details.
Extremely compact and lightweight lens
Weighing less than 300g and measuring under 77mm long, the 18-50mm F2.8 DC DN | Contemporary is the smallest and lightest lens in its class at launch. It balances well with modern APS-C mirrorless camera bodies, such as the Fujifilm X-T5 or X-H2.
The zoom combines an aluminium internal structure with a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) outer lens barrel which results in a robust and compact design, that can withstand the rigours of daily use. Aluminium and TSC have a similar thermal expansion rate, which helps the lens to deliver consistent results even through temperatures change.
High performance AF
A control algorithm including AF drive and communication speed optimisation has been developed specifically for X Mount interchangeable lenses. This makes the 18-50mm F2.8 DC DN | Contemporary Lens for Fujifilm X Mount a great option for any subjects which move about the frame, whether you’re photographing family at an event or candid street portraits.
What’s in the box
- Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 DC DN | Contemporary Lens for Fujifilm X Mount
- Petal-type hood (LH582-02)
- Front cap (LCF-55 III)
- Rear cap (LCR II)
Sigma 18-50mm F/2.8 DC DN Contemporary Lens For Fujifilm X Specifications
10 groups, 13 elements (1 SLD and 3 aspherical lenses)
Angle of View
76.5° (W) -31.7° (T)
Number of Diaphragm Blades
7 (rounded diaphragm)
Minimum Focusing Distance
12.1(W) -30 (T) cm / 4.8 (W) -11.9 (T)
Dimensions (Diameter × Length)
φ61.6mm x 76.8mm
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 62|
|Length (mm): 77|
|Weight (g): 285|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 18 - 50 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 50|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): 2.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 18|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.12|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 7|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: One Super Low Dispersion (SLD) and three aspherical lenses|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Sigma is on a roll, with the 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary joining three previously launched Fujifilm X mirrorless lenses: the 16mm F1.4 DC DN | C, 30mm F1.4 DC DN | C and the 56mm F1.4 DC DN | C. The zoom is Sigma’s first for the X system and an ideal upgrade to a standard kit lens, as well as making a versatile addition to your existing lens collection.
With an equivalent full-frame zoom range of 27mm to 75mm this is an immensely versatile option, with the wide end able to get extremely close to your subject, making it perfect to leave on your camera all day long and capture a variety of subjects. Handheld shooting is supported by the lightweight design and bright constant aperture, which allows you to achieve faster shutter speeds as the lens gathers more light. The aperture also renders nice out of focus backgrounds, helping you to separate your subject from distractions and focus on what’s really important in the frame.
A rubber gasket on the mount keeps moisture out in mild conditions and you can focus and track moving subjects with ease. Sigma has created another compelling option for Fuji users with this 18-50mm F2.8 DC DN Contemporary lens, which is blurring the distinction between this and far more expensive options.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.