Fujifilm X-H2 Digital Camera Body
The ultra-high resolution Fujifilm X-H2 Digital Camera Body is packed with features for hybrid creators, including a 40MP X-Trans 5 sensor, 7-stops IBIS and 8K/30p 10-bit 4:2:2 internal video recording.
- Incredible performance for stills and video in a hybrid camera body which features a 40 Megapixel X-Trans 5 BSI Imaging Sensor
- Capture 8K/30P 10-bit 4:2:2 Apple ProRes internally and Apple ProRes or Blackmagic RAW externally with a recorder
- Up to 7 stops of IBIS ensure smooth footage and sharp images even during the most demanding lighting conditions
- New 160MP multi shot combines images in-camera and you can also capture fast bursts at 15fps in Mechanical Shutter
- Significant upgrades to an APS-C format camera with up to 13+ stops of dynamic range with F-Log2 and low base ISO 125
Fujifilm X-H2 Digital Camera Body Summary
Following hot on the heels of the outstanding X-H2S hybrid camera is this all-new ultra-high resolution Fujifilm X-H2 Digital Camera Body. It packs the latest X-Processor 5 with X-Trans 5 HR BSI Sensor, which captures an astounding 40 megapixel images. The X-H2 also enables you to record internal 8K/30p, 4K/60p and high-speed HD 240p Apple ProRes in 10-bit 4:2:2, with 13+ stops of dynamic range when using F-Log2.
With an external recorder over HDMI you can capture video in ProRes Raw or Blackmagic Raw and for the first time in a Fujifilm X series camera create incredibly detailed 160 megapixel Pixel Shift Multi-Shot images.
Fujifilm’s high resolution mirrorless camera is capable of shooting burst rates up to 15fps using mechanical shutter and users can harness the extremely effective in-body stabilisation unit (IBIS), which provides up to 7-stops of compensation against camera shake.
- 40 megapixel X-Trans 5 HR BSI Sensor with X-Processor 5
- New 160 megapixel Pixel Shift Multi-Shot
- Fast 15fps in mechanical shutter with black-out free shooting
- Up to 7 stops of internal body image stabilisation (IBIS)
- 1/180,000 Max Shutter speed in EShutter
- Record internal 8K/30p, 4K/60p, HD/240p Apple ProRes in 10-bit at 4:2:2
- Up to 13+ stops of dynamic range with F-Log2
- Record ProRes Raw or Blackmagic Raw through HDMI to a compatible external video recorder
- Built-in 2x digital zoom when recording 4K
- 0.8x Magnification, 5.76Mil Dots EVF
- 1x Type B CFexpress memory card slot and 1x UHS-II SD memory card slot
Fujifilm X-H2 Digital Camera Body in More Detail
40MP X-Trans 5 HR BSI Sensor with X-Processor 5
The X-H2 combines the compact and lightweight versatility of APS-C format mirrorless cameras with an unmatched back-side illuminated X-Trans CMOS 5 HR imaging sensor. This provides content creators with 40 megapixels of resolution measuring 6864 x 5152 pixels in order to bring the details of any image to life and to crop into an image when required.
An optimised pixel layout delivers exceptional detail, with unrivalled colour accuracy together with impressive video flexibility. These game-changing features are made possible with the latest X-Processor 5, and its lightning-fast performance that also allows you to capture 8K/30p video, enhanced autofocus capabilities and black-out free image bursts up to 15fps. The processor is also more efficient than its predecessor, increasing the battery NP-W235S performance by 10%.
Capture 8K video for true creative flexibility
The Fujifilm X-H2 gives filmmakers several ways to unlock the camera’s 8K video resolution and realise its true potential. A suite of video functions ensure the X-H2 is perfect for every moviemaking occasion, such as the ability to increase the focal length of any lens with the camera’s 2x digital zoom when recording up to 4K. It also delivers incredible 4K video by down sampling from the camera’s higher resolution.
Apple ProRes 10-bit 4:2:2 footage can be recorded internally at up to 8K/30p using a CFexpress Type B card. You can also record 12-bit Apple ProRes RAW using an Atomos Ninja V+ 8K HDR Recorder, or Blackmagic RAW footage with the Blackmagic Video Assist 5” or Blackmagic Video Assist 7" 12G HDR Monitor Recorder, via the full-size HDMI Type A port on the side of the camera. Experience post-production flexibility by recording using the F-Log2 colour profile and Fujifilm’s X-H2’s dynamic range extends to 13+ stops, for a one-stop improvement over the previous sensor.
You can record long form content continuously for up to 160 minutes at 25°C (77°F) which can be extended to 240 minutes with the optional X-H2 clip-on cooling fan.
Up to 7 stops of in-body image stabilisation
Designed to enable creators to capture the best possible stills and photos, the X-H2 features improved in-body image stabilisation (IBIS), with up to 7-stops* of compensation against camera shake and features an enhanced algorithm which improves motion detection. This produces shake-free results in a wider range of situations than previously possible, most notably when panning or following subjects on foot while recording video. *This measurement was taken with the Fujifilm XF 35mm f/1.4 lens.
15fps mechanical shutter, ISO 125, Max electronic shutter of 1/180,000
For stills photographers, 40 megapixel images can be recorded at 15 frames per second when using the mechanical shutter, while those switching to the electronic shutter can work at 20fps in 1.29x crop factor. Further high-speed options are provided by the electronic shutter’s 1/180,000 sec top speed. Photographers seeking optimum quality with low noise will welcome the lower minimum ISO 125.
Several modes have been developed to help photographers capture advanced creative images including:
- Dynamic Range Bracketing
- Focus Bracketing
- Multiple Exposure
- HDR Mode
- Panorama (horizontal and vertical), with 9600 x 1440 pixels recorded in horizontal mode
Fujifilm cameras are well known for capturing beautiful images straight out of camera and the X-H2 has 19 film simulations available, as well as monochrome mode.
New ultra-high resolution 160MP Pixel Shift Multi-Shot
The X-H2 is Fujifilm’s first X Series camera to feature Pixel Shift Multi-Shot, which captures 160 megapixel images for the ultimate image quality where detail is essential. Following on from the staple of GFX System cameras, Pixel Shift Multi-Shot records 20 frames, shifting the sensor by 0.5 pixels between each frame. The resulting images are automatically combined into one DNG RAW file, which can be output to your desired file format using RAW processing software.
This ground-breaking feature is invaluable for archival recording and other commercial applications where colour fidelity and fine detail are paramount. Using Pixel Shift Multi-Shot ensures false colours and moiré are suppressed as to be virtually non-existent.
Wireless control with VFT-XH file transmitter
The X-H2 is a true multimedia creative tool and the camera body supports wireless image transfer through the Fujifilm Remote Camera App, which natively delivers webcam resolutions of up to 4K/60p for a high-quality live streaming experience. With the optional VFT-XH Wireless File Transmitter Battery Grip, functionality is even further extended as the grip adds tethering connections and FTP file transfer through Wi-Fi, Ethernet and smartphone connections, as well as the Remote Rec function.
This allows you to control up to four camera bodies with VFT-XH battery grips attached, via a web browser on a computer, tablet or smartphone.
Extensive range of X system lenses
Whichever style of content you create you’ll find an extensive selection of Fujifilm mirrorless lenses for X system cameras. These include the high resolution XF 56mm f/1.2 R WR Lens, which was released at the same time as the X-H2 body. You can also choose from numerous third party options from leading manufactures such as Sigma, Samyang, ZEISS and Voigtlander.
You can learn more about how this model compares in our Fujifilm X-H2 vs X-H2S Specs Comparison.
What’s in the box
- Fujifilm X-H2 Digital Camera Body
- Li-ion battery NP-W235S
- AC power adapter AC-5VJ
- Plug adapter
- USB cable
- Shoulder strap
- Body cap
- Hot shoe cover
- File transmitter / vertical battery grip connector cover
- Memory card slot cover
- Sync terminal cover
- Cooling fan connector cover
- Cable protector
- Owner's manual
- Optional Accessories
Fujifilm X-H2 Sample Images
X-H2 image 1 with XF 56mm f/1.2 R WR Lens. Exposure settings: 1/1250sec. f/4. ISO 100
X-H2 image 2 with XF 56mm f/1.2 R WR Lens. Exposure settings: 1/320sec. f/8. ISO 160
X-H2 image 3 with XF 56mm f/1.2 R WR Lens. Exposure settings: 1/500sec. f/3.2. ISO 640
X-H2 image 4 with XF 56mm f/1.2 R WR Lens. Exposure settings: 1/100sec. f/2.8. ISO 400
|Offers: Free Gift|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 680|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 15|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 40|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: Yes|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: 1.5|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: Yes|
|Height (mm): 93|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): 136|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 660|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: Auto, 160 - 12800 (expands to 80 - 51200)|
|JPEG quality levels: Fine, standard|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 12800|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): 51200|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: N/A|
|Microphone port: Yes|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: 160|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): 80|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 425|
|Number of white balance presets: 7|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Processor: X-Processor 5|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: 1620000|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): N/A|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: Yes|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: Yes|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: 5760000|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: Yes|
Whether you err towards photography or videography the X-H2 is one of the most advanced Fujifilm cameras ever created and introduces a number of significant features for hybrid creators. The headline is the new X-Trans5 APS-C format sensor, which captures an astounding 40 megapixels, but it does this with even wider dynamic range and lower base ISO than its predecessor.
The sensor is paired with the latest generation X-Processor 5, which boosts performance across the board, enabling creators to capture fast bursts and record 8K/30P 10-bit 4:2:2 video internally. For those who want to capture RAW footage you can add an external video recorder over a full-size HDMI connector for Blackmagic or Apple ProRes RAW. A wide range of video settings are available to suit all of your content, with 8K through to high speed HD/240p for 10x slow motion effects.
For the first time in an X series body, Fujifilm has introduced pixel shift multi shot, resulting in extraordinarily detailed 160 megapixel images, while many more modes ensure you have all of the latest technology to create beautiful images. This includes up to 7 stops of internal body image stabilisation, which allows you to shoot handheld in extremely low lighting conditions and capture images, which were all but impossible previously.
Whether you’re a seasoned Fujifilm user or new to the X system, the X-H2 Digital Camera Body is one of the most capable high resolution hybrid mirrorless cameras you can buy today.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.